LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme and the Blood-Brain Barrier - Cell Phones?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme and the Blood-Brain Barrier - Cell Phones?
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this article on the internet. I'd be willing to bet Lyme coincides with the increase in cell phones.

"The Blood-Brain Barrier"

The second effect that I want to focus on, which has been proven in the laboratory, should by itself have been enough to shut down this industry and should be enough to scare away anyone from ever using a cell phone again.

I call it the ``smoking gun'' of cell phone experiments. Like most biological effects of microwave radiation, this has nothing to do with heating.

The brain is protected by tight junctions between adjacent cells of capillary walls, the so-called blood-brain barrier, which, like a border patrol, lets nutrients pass through from the blood to the brain, but keeps toxic substances out.

Since 1988, researchers in the laboratory of a Swedish neurosurgeon, Leif Salford, have been running variations on this simple experiment: they expose young laboratory rats to either a cell phone or other source of microwave radiation, and later they sacrifice the animals and look for albumin in their brain tissue.

Albumin is a protein that is a normal component of blood but that does not normally cross the blood-brain barrier.

The presence of albumin in brain tissue is always a sign that blood vessels have been damaged and that the brain has lost some of its protection.

Here is what these researchers have found, consistently for 18 years: Microwave radiation, at doses equal to a cell phone's emissions, causes albumin to be found in brain tissue.

A one-time exposure to an ordinary cell phone for just two minutes causes albumin to leak into the brain.

In one set of experiments, reducing the exposure level by a factor of 1,000 actually increased the damage to the blood-brain barrier, showing that this is not a dose-response effect and that reducing the power will not make wireless technology safer.

And finally, in research published in June 2003, a single two-hour exposure to a cell phone, just once during its lifetime, permanently damaged the blood-brain barrier and, on autopsy 50 days later, was found to have damaged or destroyed up to 2 percent of an animal's brain cells, including cells in areas of the brain concerned with learning, memory and movement.

1 Reducing the exposure level by a factor of 10 or 100, thereby duplicating the effect of wearing a headset, moving a cell phone further from your body, or standing next to somebody else's phone, did not appreciably change the results!

Even at the lowest exposure, half the animals had a moderate to high number of damaged neurons.

The implications for us? Two minutes on a cell phone disrupts the blood-brain barrier, two hours on a cell phone causes permanent brain damage, and secondhand radiation may be almost as bad.

The blood-brain barrier is the same in a rat and a human being.

These results caused enough of a commotion in Europe that in November 2003 a conference was held, sponsored by the European Union, titled ``The Blood-Brain Barrier -- Can It Be Influenced by RF [radio frequency]-Field Interactions?'' as if to reassure the public: ``See, we are doing something about this.''

But, predictably, nothing was done about it, as nothing has been done about it for 30 years.

America's Allan Frey, during the 1970s, was the first of many to demonstrate that low-level microwave radiation damages the blood-brain barrier.

2 Similar mechanisms protect the eye (the blood-vitreous barrier) and the fetus (the placental barrier), and the work of Frey and others indicates that microwave radiation damages those barriers also.3 The implication:
No pregnant woman should ever be using a cell phone.

Dr. Salford is quite outspoken about his work. He has called the use of handheld
cell phones ``the largest human biological experiment ever.''

And he has publicly warned that a whole generation of cell-phone-using teenagers may suffer from mental deficits or Alzheimer's disease by the time they reach middle age.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Porsche
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Porsche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Now here's a different point of view, even though I agree with the first one.

"In what debunks the claims of those who believe cell phones do not affect your brain at all, a study, by researchers from Fatebenefratelli Hospital in Isola Tiberina, Italy, has found that certain brain cells get excited by the electromagnetic field (EMF) created by mobiles. However, this does not mean that prolonged usage of mobile phones causes brain cancer as many fear. In fact in some cases, it might also prove beneficial, the researchers wrote in a report published in the Annals of Neurology.

The researchers, led by Paolo M Rossini, used transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to study the effect of EMF exposure on the brain of 15 male volunteers aged between 20 and 36 years. The subjects were exposed to EMF signals from a cell phone for 45 minutes and their motor evoked potentials (MEP) were studied before and after the exposure. An analysis of the results showed that of the 15 subjects, 12 had experienced some change in the motor cortex close to the mobile.

This phenomenon might actually prove beneficial to those with migraines or neurological disorders but prove detrimental for patients of epilepsy and brain diseases, the researchers theorized. ``Intracortical excitability was significantly modified, short intracortical inhibition was reduced and facilitation enhanced. It should be argued that long-lasting and repeated exposure to EMF linked with intense use of cellular phones in daily life might be harmful or beneficial in brain-diseased subjects,'' they said in the report.

The researchers, however, admitted that further investigations were required to correctly establish if prolonged and intense use of cellular phones affected health adversely or positively. ``Further studies are needed to better circumstantiate these conditions and to provide safe rules for the use of this increasingly more widespread device,'' they said. Interestingly, brain activity returned to its normal state around an hour after the exposure ended.

Hailing the study, New York University Medical Center's Brain Research Laboratories director E Roy John said that it clearly demonstrated that regular use of cell phones did affect the body in some way. ``Using a cell phone is not innocuous. It has an effect on your brain. Whether that's good or bad, we don't yet know, but it's definitely having an effect. The effects are clear. The increase in excitability is clear and lasts for about an hour. Is that effect harmful or beneficial? I don't know,'' he said.

Agreed Michigan's Beaumont Hospital neurologist Dr Jonathan Fellows. ``This was an interesting study, but the end result is, we don't know what EMF will do in terms of helping or hurting cortical neurons. There's a potential for benefit in terms of hyperexcitability for migraine, stroke or dementia. Although cell phones have gotten bad press, there could potentially be some good that comes out of cell phone use,'' he said.

The two, however, agreed that the use of mobile phones should be discouraged among children and teenagers till more conclusive data is collected and examined.

A number of studies have been conducted to determine if cell phones increase the risk of brain cancers. But most of the results have been inconclusive and have failed to give a definitive prognosis. ``Overall the evidence for (EMF) effects on cognitive functions in humans is inconsistent and inconclusive...Biological evidence suggests that (EMF) do not cause mutation or initiate or promote tumor formation,'' one such study, the Advisory Group on Non-Ionizing Radiation (AGNIR) Report, had said in 2003.

Some mobile users have reported symptoms like burning sensations near the head, fatigue, sleeplessness and dizziness, slowed reaction times, lack of attention, and headaches after using cellulars. But investigations have again failed to reveal a clear association between the use of mobiles and such symptoms."

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't read this, but i'm a NON-CELL phone user!

lymie of 37 yrs. [cussing]

clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day several years ago I was talking to someone on a cell phone and not long after that I felt extremely disoriented and had to pull off the road. There were vibrations in my head. Bio-resonant testing has picked up problems.

Unfortunately, when huge economies are created around certain products, change will be long in coming.

We do not nor will not use cell phones. Microwaves are out, too.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can purchase GOLD discs to apply to the phones to block the damaging electromagnetic energy without effecting using the phones.

The good ones run about $20. I got them at a health food/vitamin store.

Like I've said before...positive charges react with negative ones.

It normally takes a LOT of negative charges (electromagneic field) to deplete the positive charged minerals.

Using gold...remember gold shots for arthritis?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder what nay-sayers have to say about those pesky blue tooth devices...

I wouldn't go a day without my cell phone or pakm pilot.

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use an ear piece as much as possible.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could use the speaker feature...getting the phone away from your ear.
Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marnie:
You could use the speaker feature...getting the phone away from your ear.

Yep, that works too!

I cannot and will not give up my cell phone! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wished they would study how MSG and other hydrolyzed proteins in food damage the Blood Brain Barrier.

--------------------
�Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.� - Ezre Taft Benson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lesley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lesley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????????????????
Posts: 120 | From NB Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

For all of you who won't give up your cell phone, that's not right. I won't even use my microwave now.

The ONLY thing that will protect any of us from electromagnetic fields is CONCRETE or something like LEAD. That's why when you have an x-ray, the tech throws a lead vest on or stands behind something that blocks the radiation.

Even non-cell users are at risk from other people's cell phones and satellite dishes and so forth (of neighbors and industry, for instance). The cell phone is giving off electromagnetic fields even when the phone is OFF. Do you realize that?

When you're using your cell in the country or some other dead zone, it bumps the electromagnetic fields up even more to get a signal.

To say that cell phones may produce benefits is hogwash. What other 'unnatural' thing have we done to this earth that has proven beneficial? Pollution? Chemicals? Pharmaceuticals? Food dyes and additives to make food 'prettier' and 'tastier'? Wait a few decades and the results will be in.

I think it's scary how many people are 'trusting' researchers here who are saying cell phones are safe, and that they might even be 'beneficial'???!!!

My ex-husband just had a BRAIN TUMOR removed the size of a ping-pong ball. He was a cell phone user and loved all his computer stuff. Even non-cell phone users get astronomical doses of electromagnetic fields daily from people like him.

This article is telling us that the problem with Lyme isn't the spirochete itself, but its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. We can blame the deer population all we want, but the answer is NOT bringing the deer population down - it's getting rid of all this artificial electricity that's causing pathogens to cross the blood-brain barrier. In fact, I read electromagnetic fields make pathogens cross the eye barrier, too - and I have Lyme heavily in my eyes.

I don't have a cell phone, and I worry because my daughter does. I hope her father cancels it on her.

But if you gave me a choice as to whether I wanted to live without modern day conveniences and be healthy and being sick with things like electricity, computers, cell phones, and satellite dishes - I'd pick the first.

Don't some of you realize that you are feeding an industry that doesn't give two hoots about whether these cell phones will make you sick a decade from now? Haven't you learned from how Lyme is being denied that money is the name of the game, not health?

lymelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are scaring the heck out of us with all of these horrible articles you keep posting; we are all depressed enough as it is!
Posts: 484 | From Fredericksburg, Va USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
For all of you who won't give up your cell phone, that's not right. I won't even use my microwave now.

The ONLY thing that will protect any of us from electromagnetic fields is CONCRETE or something like LEAD. That's why when you have an x-ray, the tech throws a lead vest on or stands behind something that blocks the radiation.

Even non-cell users are at risk from other people's cell phones and satellite dishes and so forth (of neighbors and industry, for instance). The cell phone is giving off electromagnetic fields even when the phone is OFF. Do you realize that?

When you're using your cell in the country or some other dead zone, it bumps the electromagnetic fields up even more to get a signal.

To say that cell phones may produce benefits is hogwash. What other 'unnatural' thing have we done to this earth that has proven beneficial? Pollution? Chemicals? Pharmaceuticals? Food dyes and additives to make food 'prettier' and 'tastier'? Wait a few decades and the results will be in.

I think it's scary how many people are 'trusting' researchers here who are saying cell phones are safe, and that they might even be 'beneficial'???!!!

My ex-husband just had a BRAIN TUMOR removed the size of a ping-pong ball. He was a cell phone user and loved all his computer stuff. Even non-cell phone users get astronomical doses of electromagnetic fields daily from people like him.

This article is telling us that the problem with Lyme isn't the spirochete itself, but its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. We can blame the deer population all we want, but the answer is NOT bringing the deer population down - it's getting rid of all this artificial electricity that's causing pathogens to cross the blood-brain barrier. In fact, I read electromagnetic fields make pathogens cross the eye barrier, too - and I have Lyme heavily in my eyes.

I don't have a cell phone, and I worry because my daughter does. I hope her father cancels it on her.

But if you gave me a choice as to whether I wanted to live without modern day conveniences and be healthy and being sick with things like electricity, computers, cell phones, and satellite dishes - I'd pick the first.

Don't some of you realize that you are feeding an industry that doesn't give two hoots about whether these cell phones will make you sick a decade from now? Haven't you learned from how Lyme is being denied that money is the name of the game, not health?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Conclusions

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.

Electromagnetic fields and public health

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity

As societies industrialize and the technological revolution continues, there has been an unprecedented increase in the number and diversity of electromagnetic field (EMF) sources. These sources include video display units (VDUs) associated with computers, mobile phones and their base stations. While these devices have made our life richer, safer and easier, they have been accompanied by concerns about possible health risks due to their EMF emissions.

For some time a number of individuals have reported a variety of health problems that they relate to exposure to EMF. While some individuals report mild symptoms and react by avoiding the fields as best they can, others are so severely affected that they cease work and change their entire lifestyle. This reputed sensitivity to EMF has been generally termed ``electromagnetic hypersensitivity'' or EHS.

This fact sheet describes what is known about the condition and provides information for helping people with such symptoms. Information provided is based on a WHO Workshop on Electrical Hypersensitivity (Prague, Czech Republic, 2004), an international conference on EMF and non-specific health symptoms (COST244bis, 1998), a European Commission report (Bergqvist and Vogel, 1997) and recent reviews of the literature.

What is EHS?

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to EMF. The symptoms most commonly experienced include dermatological symptoms (redness, tingling, and burning sensations) as well as neurasthenic and vegetative symptoms (fatigue, tiredness, concentration difficulties, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitation, and digestive disturbances). The collection of symptoms is not part of any recognized syndrome.

EHS resembles multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS), another disorder associated with low-level environmental exposures to chemicals. Both EHS and MCS are characterized by a range of non-specific symptoms that lack apparent toxicological or physiological basis or independent verification. A more general term for sensitivity to environmental factors is Idiopathic Environmental Intolerance (IEI), which originated from a workshop convened by the International Program on Chemical Safety (IPCS) of the WHO in 1996 in Berlin. IEI is a descriptor without any implication of chemical etiology, immunological sensitivity or EMF susceptibility. IEI incorporates a number of disorders sharing similar non-specific medically unexplained symptoms that adversely affect people. However since the term EHS is in common usage it will continue to be used here.

Prevalence

There is a very wide range of estimates of the prevalence of EHS in the general population. A survey of occupational medical centres estimated the prevalence of EHS to be a few individuals per million in the population. However, a survey of self-help groups yielded much higher estimates. Approximately 10% of reported cases of EHS were considered severe.

There is also considerable geographical variability in prevalence of EHS and in the reported symptoms. The reported incidence of EHS has been higher in Sweden, Germany, and Denmark, than in the United Kingdom, Austria, and France. VDU-related symptoms were more prevalent in Scandinavian countries, and they were more commonly related to skin disorders than elsewhere in Europe. Symptoms similar to those reported by EHS individuals are common in the general population.

Studies on EHS individuals

A number of studies have been conducted where EHS individuals were exposed to EMF similar to those that they attributed to the cause of their symptoms. The aim was to elicit symptoms under controlled laboratory conditions.

The majority of studies indicate that EHS individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-EHS individuals. Well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms were not correlated with EMF exposure.

It has been suggested that symptoms experienced by some EHS individuals might arise from environmental factors unrelated to EMF. Examples may include ``flicker'' from fluorescent lights, glare and other visual problems with VDUs, and poor ergonomic design of computer workstations. Other factors that may play a role include poor indoor air quality or stress in the workplace or living environment.

There are also some indications that these symptoms may be due to pre-existing psychiatric conditions as well as stress reactions as a result of worrying about EMF health effects, rather than the EMF exposure itself.

Conclusions

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.

Physicians: Treatment of affected individuals should focus on the health symptoms and the clinical picture, and not on the person's perceived need for reducing or eliminating EMF in the workplace or home.

This requires: a medical evaluation to identify and treat any specific conditions that may be responsible for the symptoms,
a psychological evaluation to identify alternative psychiatric/psychological conditions that may be responsible for the symptoms,
an assessment of the workplace and home for factors that might contribute to the presented symptoms. These could include indoor air pollution, excessive noise, poor lighting (flickering light) or ergonomic factors. A reduction of stress and other improvements in the work situation might be appropriate.
For EHS individuals with long lasting symptoms and severe handicaps, therapy should be directed principally at reducing symptoms and functional handicaps. This should be done in close co-operation with a qualified medical specialist (to address the medical and psychological aspects of the symptoms) and a hygienist (to identify and, if necessary, control factors in the environment that are known to have adverse health effects of relevance to the patient).

Treatment should aim to establish an effective physician-patient relationship, help develop strategies for coping with the situation and encourage patients to return to work and lead a normal social life.

EHS individuals: Apart from treatment by professionals, self help groups can be a valuable resource for the EHS individual.

Governments: Governments should provide appropriately targeted and balanced information about potential health hazards of EMF to EHS individuals, health-care professionals and employers. The information should include a clear statement that no scientific basis currently exists for a connection between EHS and exposure to EMF.

Researchers: Some studies suggest that certain physiological responses of EHS individuals tend to be outside the normal range. In particular, hyper reactivity in the central nervous system and imbalance in the autonomic nervous system need to be followed up in clinical investigations and the results for the individuals taken as input for possible treatment.

What WHO is doing

WHO, through its International EMF Project, is identifying research needs and co-ordinating a world-wide program of EMF studies to allow a better understanding of any health risk associated with EMF exposure. Particular emphasis is placed on possible health consequences of low-level EMF. Information about the EMF Project and EMF effects is provided in a series of fact sheets in several languages www.who.int/emf/.

FURTHER READING

WHO workshop on electromagnetic hypersensitivity (2004), October 25 -27, Prague, Czech Republic,

www.who.int/pehemf/meetings/hypersensitivity_prague2004/en/index.html

COST244bis (1998) Proceedings from Cost 244bis International Workshop on Electromagnetic Fields and Non-Specific Health Symptoms. Sept 19-20, 1998, Graz, Austria

Bergqvist U and Vogel E (1997) Possible health implications of subjective symptoms and electromagnetic field. A report prepared by a European group of experts for the European Commission, DGV. Arbete och H�lsa, 1997:19. Swedish National Institute for Working Life, Stockholm, Sweden. ISBN 91-7045-438-8.

Rubin GJ, Das Munshi J, Wessely S. (2005) Electromagnetic hypersensitivity: a systematic review of provocation studies. Psychosom Med. 2005 Mar-Apr;67(2):224-32

Seitz H, Stinner D, Eikmann Th, Herr C, Roosli M. (2005) Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) and subjective health complaints associated with electromagnetic fields of mobile phone communication---a literature review published between 2000 and 2004. Science of the Total Environment, June 20 (Epub ahead of print).

Here
WHO

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we overlooking that the blood brain barrier is a barrier to medications and other chemicals, not to microbes?

Pathogens like Bb, Syphilis, and many others seem to be able to go wherever they want. If you look back in history, you will find it was known for centuries that Syphilis ultimately ended with severe dementia, though the mechanism was not understood. This was long before cell phones or even the use of electricity.

Cell phones seem to be a popular villain, but few are willing to give them up on speculation. [Smile]

(By the way I do not think the microwave frequencies of cell phones are a particularly healthy part of the spectrum to be exposed to in quantity.)

For what it is worth, I got clobbered by Lyme a couple of years ago, and I almost never use a cell phone.

[ 07. February 2007, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: James H ]

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

My intent is not to scare people. My intent here is to get people to realize these electromagnetic fields are UNSAFE and need to go now no matter how convenient they've made our lives short term, so that people ACT and don't sit there silently allowing the technological world to zap up to death LITERALLY.

As long as we are content to sit here holding tight to our computers and cell phones waiting for the higher-ups to 'prove' these are either safe or unsafe, we are still being irradiated every single minute of every single day. The effects of this won't be known for years, and by then it will be too late.

I think we all know what the 'sit-and-wait' attitude has done as far as Lyme goes. In fact, I believe spirochetes are able to cross the blood-brain barrier because of all these EMFs.

The thing about EMFs is you can't SEE them, so how do you avoid them? Prior to full-blown Lyme, I couldn't even 'feel' them. And until just recently, I thought it was the light itself that was causing my 'reactions' in stores. But I'm fine with sunlight until I've been zapped with EMFs from things like fluorescent lighting, after which I can't even handle natural sunlight.

For people who claim they don't have EMF sensitivity and no damage is being done, how do you know? If you've ever had an x-ray, did you 'feel' it??? And why do we have the attitude that EMFs are innocent until proven guilty? Years ago 80% of men smoked, and lung cancer was very low. Now only 30% of men smoke, but lung cancer deaths are sky high. One researcher is suggesting that the increase in lung cancer deaths coincides PERFECTLY with the advent of all this extra EMF activity. Same with pretty much every type of cancer you can think of.

I may be explaining this wrong, but I think when we are exposed to artificial sources of EMFs, it loosens an electron, turning it into a free radical. It's pretty scary when you can actually feel the electrons being broken loose and you can feel your immune system trying to scavange them up to no avail. This is how cancer is born.

I also don't like the term 'Electrical Hypersensitivity' or even 'Multiple Chemical Sensitivity'. These terms suggest that there is something wrong with US for not being able to tolerate large doses of chemical poisons or large doses of manmade electromagnetic fields. I honestly think the problem lies with those who CAN tolerate this junk in our environment.

I also take issue to the article's suggestion that electromagnetic field sensitivity is some offshoot of pre-existing psychiatric disorders. In fact, I think ALL so-called psychiatric illness is caused by pollution, be it environmental, chemical, electromagnetic - or some combination of the three.

Come on, people - isn't it obvious why we can't kick Lyme??? It's the electrmagnetic fields surrounding us and zapping us pretty much everywhere we go. If we ever want to be Lyme-free we need to start fighting this at the source by getting rid of all the EMFs that are preventing our immune systems from doing their jobs.

Lyme is not this mega bug - our immune system tackles cancer cells every day of our lives. The EMFs are the real issue here, and unless we drop our Lyme fight and head north-south-east-west after EMFs, we aren't ever going to kick Lyme or anything related to Lyme.

I'm ready to trash my hair dryer, heater, A/C, and everything. Anybody with me here?

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this will freak you out...

I am using a combination Rife and Diathermy machine that I built for about half an hour every day. It puts out about 200 watts of RF energy in the 20 megahertz range that broken into pulses a rate of about 400 kilohertz.

200 watts of RF produces a pleasant warming effect, which is called diathermy. Enough RF to cause warming, in case anyone missed the point that it was alot. This diathermy component has been used in various forms for physical therapy for over 100 years and is still being used today. The pulse frequency seems to keep the Bb in check if it is used regularly.

Am I going to die from this? Perhaps, but the 100+ years of human studies worldwide suggest not as long as some common sense is exercised.

What has happened is that my pain (which was getting bad) has totally disappeared, my brainfog has cleared, and I am no longer tired all the time. I'll take my chances going forward.

This isn't just the result of taking a wild guess and deciding one day that pulsing a 200 watt RF carrier at about 400khz would solve my problem.

It was based on volumes of research by others and lots of careful experimentation to see what REALLY worked in the REAL world, not some imaginary one.

I would want to see alot more solid research and alot less emotion charged speculation before embarking on the drastic measures it would take to get away from EM fields in this world and this universe.

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

An an excerpt from 'The Body Electric' (Becker and Selden):

"Like infrared radiation, radio waves and microwaves produce heat when they are absorbed in sufficient quantity. Although not a biologist, Schwan assumed this heating was the only effect EMR would have on living tissue. In this respect he considered living things no different from the hot dogs that World War II radarmen used to roast in their microwave beams, so cooking was the only harm he foresaw. Scwan then estimated danger levels based on how much energy was needed to measurably heat metal balls and beakers of salt water, which he used to represent the size and presumed electrical characteristics of various animals.

Appreciable heating occurred in these models at levels of 100,000 microwatts or above, so, incorporating a safety factor of ten, Schwan in 1953 proposed an exposure limit of 10,000 microwatts for humans. By showing soon afterward that it took more than this intensity to cause burns in real animals, Sol Michaelson seemed to have confirmed the safety of "nonthermal" dosages. No one tested for subtler effects, and the 10,000-microwatt level was uncritically accepted on an informal basis by industry and the military. In 1965 the Army and Air Force formally adopted the Schwan limit, and a year later the industry-sponsored American National Standards Institute recommended it as a guideline for worker safety.

There were persuasive economic reasons why the 10,000-microwatt standard was and still is defended at all costs. Lowering it would have curtailed the expansion of military EMR use and cut into the profits of the corporations that supplied the hardware. A reduced standard now would constitute an admission that the old was unsafe, leading to liability for damage claims from ex-GIs and industrial workers. One of the strongest monetary reasons was given in a 1975 classified summary of the DOD's Tri-Service Electromagnetic Radiation Bioeffects Research Plan: "These {lower} standards will significantly restrict the military use of EMR in peacetime environment and require the procurement of substantial real estate around ground-based EMR emitters to provided buffer zones." The needed real estate was estimated to be 498,000 acres. The price of this much land would surely run well into the billions of dollars."

Another excerpt from 'The Body Electric' (Becker and Selden):

"In 1954 a study of 226 microwave-exposed employees at Lockheed's Burbank factory was reported by company doctor Charles Barron. He said there were no adverse effects, despite "paradoxical and difficult to interpret" changes in white blood cell counts, which he later ascribed to laboratory error, as well as the high incidence of eye pathology, which he determined was "unrelated" to radar.

However, the safety standard had already become a Procrustean bed against which all research proposals and findings were measured. Grants weren't given to look for low-level hazards, and scientists who did find such effects were cut down to size. Funds for their work were quickly shut off and vicious personal attacks undermined their reputations. Later, when undeniable biological changes began to be noted from power densities between 1,000 and 10,000 microwatts, the idea of "differential" heating - hot spots in especially absorptive or poorly cooled tissues - was advanced, as though this convenient explanation obviated all danger. Soviet research could easily be discounted because of its "crudity", but when nonthermal dangers were documented in America, military and industrial spokespeople simply refused to acknowledge them, lying to Congress and the public. Many scientists, who naturally wanted to continue working, went along with the charade."

I don't know about you people, but it sure sounds similar to the big Lyme-coverup.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
For all of you who won't give up your cell phone, that's not right.

Why not? I don't even use it at my ear. [rarely]

Thankfully, it's a free world.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sprochetes are classic defination is corkscrew bacteria
Ill do that one better they are Tunnelers they do that by means of srewing there body into your bone,flesh,brain,muscle,cartilage,organs,tendons,eyes, anywhere they feel froggy they Go!!!
That is there nature.

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

James - I just got my Rife Machine, and then picked up this book. I don't doubt that Rife kills pathogens such as the spirochete.

My concern is - what else is it doing to me in the process? What did the 5000 scans they did of me trying to diagnose this do to me?

I'm not sure what hz range I'm using, but it's sooo new, how can we vouch for it's safety? Perhaps we can vouch for its efficacy against Lyme, but what else is going on when I turn the switch and start running it?

My guess is that like everything else we humans think we're being sensible about, Rife will fix one thing and break another down the road. I'm just curious what's going to break.

This isn't something to mess around with - I may just use Rife because I need to weigh the dangers of spirochetes being forced through my blood-brain barrier from EMFs against the cancer I may develop a few years down the road from killing them with Rife and EMFs. Not much of a choice, if you ask me.

Like I said, say the word God, and I will HAPPILY destroy even the computer I'm typing on.

tailz
Unregistered

Lymetoo - whether that cell phone is at your ear or not - it's still giving off EMFs. Combine the EMFs from your cell with the computer across the room from you, the airplane flying over your house, the TV your husband is watching, your neighbor's satellite dish, the trucker's CB radio - get the picture? How much COMBINED EMF are you getting at any giving moment? Your guess is as good as mine.

The problem with most people is the assumption there that God makes mistakes. I don't see the birds out there trying to figure out if they got the right ratio of Omega 3-6-9 for the day. I don't see a human embryo being told not to eat sugar or fats or fried food. My point is GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES. WE DO! And one of our BIGGEST mistakes ever was to start playing with electricity - it's the fruit of life. In fact, I wonder if this is the 'forbidden fruit' we were told not to eat?

Do you all realize that it HAS been proven that in at least kids, human fingertips can fully regrow if severed above a certain point? But if little Johnny cuts his fingertip off today, Dr. Joe is going to close it up, thus preventing it from regrowing. Nature is perfect. I'm convinced that if we went back to God and nature, I think we would have the potential to regenerate, grow younger, and never die.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Lymetoo - whether that cell phone is at your ear or not - it's still giving off EMFs. Combine the EMFs from your cell with the computer across the room from you, the airplane flying over your house, the TV your husband is watching, your neighbor's satellite dish, the trucker's CB radio - get the picture? How much COMBINED EMF are you getting at any giving moment? Your guess is as good as mine.

The problem with most people is the assumption there that God makes mistakes. I don't see the birds out there trying to figure out if they got the right ratio of Omega 3-6-9 for the day. I don't see a human embryo being told not to eat sugar or fats or fried food. My point is GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES. WE DO! And one of our BIGGEST mistakes ever was to start playing with electricity - it's the fruit of life. In fact, I wonder if this is the 'forbidden fruit' we were told not to eat?

Do you all realize that it HAS been proven that in at least kids, human fingertips can fully regrow if severed above a certain point? But if little Johnny cuts his fingertip off today, Dr. Joe is going to close it up, thus preventing it from regrowing. Nature is perfect. I'm convinced that if we went back to God and nature, I think we would have the potential to regenerate, grow younger, and never die.

Tailz with all due respect you said-> Nature is perfect I say it is not perfect.

Why I say this because I believe in God also and the bible and his son and his spirit.
And he said this:

Specifically the Bible tells us that this happened as a result of the sin of the first man, Adam, who had been designated by God as master of the earth and everything in it. When he sinned, God pronounced a curse on both Adam and his dominion. "Cursed is the earth for thy sake" (Genesis 3:17).

And from that day on, as the Scripture says: "The whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22). The whole world, both the heavens and the earth, and all that in them is, are "waxing old, as a garment" (Hebrews 1:11).

Sorry with respect trailz you brought God into this.

What we all have to remember is to follow his rules built into creation and remember we are all in this earths fallen state.
Yet in love he left us the way out.

Pray without ceasing,and always ask his forgivness and ask for Love,Knowledge,Wisdom to use it correctly.Remember sin entered this world by the first Adam and sin can be taken away by the second Adam ie Jesus.

True science based on Gods innate rules no matter what sin has done to the creation can overcome all obsticals. As long as the person wielding the sword knows all power belongs to God.And we have access to it through the book of life the bible.

Remember this:

The word science is essentially synonymous with knowledge, and is so used in Scripture. The first mention of knowledge in the Bible, in Genesis 2:9, is in connection with the "tree of knowledge." One might paraphrase by saying that God warned man against partaking of the "tree of science." There were to be prescribed limits within which man was to exercise dominion over the world; for his own good, he was not intended to venture outside these bounds and know in an experimental fashion the "science of good and evil.[/b]

" By contrast, the first use of knowledge in the New Testament, in Luke 1:77, speaks of the "knowledge (Greek, gnosis) of salvation," and the final mention speaks of the "knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (II Peter 3:18).

It is instructive also to compare the words knowledge and wisdom. The former has to do primarily with awareness of facts, whereas the latter has to do with interpretation and correlation and explanation of facts. They are in general parallel to what we mean by our technical words science and philosophy. This also corresponds with their usage in Scripture.

In the New Testament knowledge is normally the translation of the Greek gnosis or epignosis. In one passage ( I Timothy 6:20) it is actually translated, in the KJV, by science, referring to the opposition of "science falsely so-called." Wisdom, in the New Testament, is translated from the Greek sophia, which, when compounded with the Greek for "love of," and transliterated into English, becomes "philosophy," the love of wisdom." It is significant that the only time the actual word philosophy is used in the Bible is in Colossians 2:8, which warns: Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

True knowledge and true wisdom, which, is to say, science and true philosophy, must come from God alone, and therefore must conform to His framework of revealed Truth. The wise man said: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge," and he also said: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10).

The Apostle Paul, in a tremendous doxology, shouted: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:33-36).

And he also emphasized that in Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God, "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). Not only religious knowledge, but all knowledge; all the treasures of science and true philosophy are hid in Jesus Christ, who is the Creator and Sustainer of the physical universe!

EMF dosent worry me but exccess in anything does.

--------------------

Newbie Links

tailz
Unregistered

treepatrol - See I agree 100% with you. Don't you see that? God didn't mess up - Adam did. And apparently we inherited his bad genes, and many of us are denying this. But what if the fruit that Adam ate was something like electricity? I mean with wheat allergies I've been trying so darn hard to figure out if maybe wheat was the forbidden fruit, but then I learned that we genetically-modified it to contain 90% more gluten than God intended it to have. But what if these EMFs are 'forbidden'?

I just know when I hunt through my Bible I don't see families communicating via cell phone or computer or flying cross the country. They're breaking bread together or throwing feasts or greasing each other with olive oil.

I think you bring up some interesting points - and I don't think the Bible lies. I was reading one book recently that made a connection between science and God - basically the author thinks that 'science' has replaced God. I took it a little further and started to think things through.

When I go to the doctor, I sit down before the Father (doctor) and he asks me what's troubling me and I tell him. Then he proceeds to ask me to 'confess' my sins. Do you drink? How often? How 'bout smoking? How many years? Are you in a relationship? Are you sexually active? Do you use protection? After the 'confession' of my sins comes 'penance' - he sends me for a boatload of diagnostic tests that take up a lot of my time but make others wealthy (happy). When I return, I am then offered 'holy communion' (pharmaceuticals).

My fear here is that God helps those who help themselves. I'm trying to figure out if Jesus is going to just come crashing to the earth one day waving a magic wand, or if he expects us to at least attempt to fix some of what we humans destroyed. In that sense and in only that sense, I fear EMFs. I mean if you know something is bad for you, then you should do what you can to stop it, right?

AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My bf is an IT, and says that

1. Your computer screen (yes, the one you looked at when you typed that very message, and the one you are looking at right now...) puts out a larger EMF than a hundred cell phones....

2. No more talk radio for you... Your car speakers put out a larger EMF than any cell phone on the planet...

3. Your home phone (insert E.T. joke here), the speaker produces a larger EMF than any cell phone on the planet....

4. I hope you don't watch T.V. 'cause boy would you be screwed... And please tell me you've never worn headphones, or operated a ceiling fan... Might as well invent a cement bubble for yourself... There's no getting past it.

We're all going to get sick from something, we're all going to die of something. (those are our only 2 assurances in life) If using my cell phone means it's gonna be a bit sooner, I say bring it on! At least I'll be able to call 911. [spinning smile]

edited to remind you about the power lines hanging over your head... I have enough foil for all of us.... [dizzy]

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tailz,

thanks for having posted this and the other thread.

I find it's good to read about, be informed, be open to the possibility that this could be very true.

I always felt pain while using either my cell phone or wireless phones, much before I had lyme. Pain in my deeper ear. I was wondering what it could be. I could never talk longer with wireless stuff (and still can't).

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AP:
We're all going to get sick from something, we're all going to die of something. (those are our only 2 assurances in life) If using my cell phone means it's gonna be a bit sooner, I say bring it on! At least I'll be able to call 911. [spinning smile]

TRUE! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Well, enjoy your Faraday Cage.

I think I'll go bombard myself with a couple of hundred watts of RF for awhile. [Smile]

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EMF's discussed on 20/20 February 23, 2007?

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

AP - I would give up even my stereo in a heartbeat (and I love my music!) if I was healthy and could actually DO SOMETHING. And the computer? - that one is a no-brainer. My head aches every time I sit in front of it. I'd give up anything and everything if I knew I actually had a chance of avoiding them. I'm not claiming I don't use electrical appliances here - what I AM claiming is that, yes, I could and would do without them to fix this planet.

Selma - I can't handle phones either. I used to feel really tense when I'd be on the cordless too long. I didn't realize what was happening. Today I made a 7 minute call on a CORDED phone (but it was digital) and I actually started getting a left-sided headache almost immediately.

Is there really going to be a 20/20 on February 3rd on EMFs??? I'm watching it!

I looked in my book though. He doesn't list the EMFs of cell phones or computers because I think this book predated their popularity a little, but here are some basics:

Power-Frequency Electric Fields of Household Appliances at a Distance of One Foot:

Electric Blanket: 250
Broiler: 130
Phonograph: 90
Refrigerator: 60
Food Mixer: 50
Hair Dryer: 40
Color TV: 30
Vacuum Cleaner: 16
Electric Range: 4
Light Bulb: 2

Electric blankets are bigtime no-no's. Hair dryers, too, because you actually direct them at your head.

Marnie
Member # 773

We NEED the negative charges that are in the electromagnetic spectrum...sound and light...

But TOO MUCH isn't good. We have a threshold for tolerance.

For example: You might be "sensitive" to corn and cats. Let's say you eat some corn with dinner and then visit a friend who has a cat...and wham...you go over your allergy threshold.

We need the negative charges in proteins, acids, enzymes...

But...these negative charges are reacting with small amts. of positive charges...glycogen and all the minerals.

This is our pH.

LOTS of negative charges + little positive charge = hydrogen!

Fruits and veggies are ALREADY balanced...electromagnetically speaking...

A natural sugar and a natural acid or minerals + vitamins. Balanced "charges" + and -.

Eat too many fats, too much protein and too little glycogen and/or minerals = very acidic. You lose weight because the body will use stored fats (first) to convert to alkaline glycogen to supply the necessary glycogen. Protein is broken down last.

We are most acidic at death. It isn't good to STAY acidic.

Once again, glycogen + acids OR mineral + acids = hydrogen...

Hydrogen goes right into the cell and is carried into the mitochondria (powerhouses) via CoQ10.

Cancer...radiation therapy (STRONG neg. charge!)...or our own NK cells "squirt" a precancerous cell with highly toxic lone oxygen...superoxide free radical.

Negative charges destroy pathogens. Heat is a negative charge. We cook food to kill pathogens...can even use frequencies (sound waves) via a microwave to do the same.

BUT this depletes some minerals/glycogen (think of how fast sugar burns in a microwave).

So...we salt water BEFORE boiling vegetables to conserve the minerals in the veggies or we salt them afterwards.

See how this all begins to make sense?

The gram negative pathogens (multiple cell walls) all are missing acids. They want a particular one(s) of ours. We have to fight with different "acids" - proteins, enzymes, antibodies...chemicals.

They use minerals as we do too. Often they have proteins in their outer walls that lock onto something alkaline.

In nature minerals are always attached to something acidic. They are compounds.

We are very "electromagnetic"...so are the pathogens (disease causing germs).

We have lots of "on-off" switches. Many are proteins...one will downregulate another.

Example: eat a lot of alkaline sugar...up goes acidic insulin to counter. When the blood sugar is "right" another acid, glucagon, kick in to downregulate insulin production.

When Mg leaves the cell, calcium tries to go/goes in...

In some cells, this isn't good...Calcium going into the thyroid will "calcify" that gland...so up goes TNF alpha...an acidic protein.

You have to be in awe of the body. It is quite amazing and incredibly complex. There are many "backup routes" it can and does take to keep us alive.

Calcium is pulled out of the bones...to maintain the pH. Vitamin D goes up to help prevent cancer.

In lyme, the body is ALREADY in metabolic acidosis...much of the time. Too many proteins...TNF alpha, IL 1 beta, antibodies, etc.

The level of infection and concurrent levels of fighting proteins and enzymes combined with the depletion of stores of glycogen/minerals PLUS any additional negative charges can put us in "overload" and we become very "sensitive" to any and all smells, sounds, light, etc.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off Topic:

Interesting ideas, Tree. But the virtual translation of Genesis 2:9 is `` the tree of the knowledge of good and evil '', not just ``the tree of knowledge''. In my mind, that changes the whole scope of the passage. (I have a Bible that is a literal translation from the Hebrew - very helpful at times like this.)

So, in this case I'm not sure I can make the jump from `knowledge' to `science', but I appreciate you taking the time to express some very interesting ideas about this.

I think knowledge referred to in the Bible is just that - knowledge.

So the real SIN here is not knowledge (or even science) but WHAT WE DO WITH IT.

For example, the knowledge that EMFs are harmful is out there but we consumers are not being told. Therein lies the sin - misuse of the ``the knowledge of good and evil''. Why are we not being told? Because ``the love of money is the root of all evil.'' Revealing ``all that is known'' is bad for business. It all goes back to choosing to do that which you know is the wrong thing.

On Topic:

Great post, Tailz.

As others have mentioned, I think other normal physiological ``barriers'' are being affected as well by chemicals and EMFs.

Extensive research has been done on human urine for at least 100 years. If you do any research on it yourself, you will find that normally, urine contains primarily excess vitamins, minerals and antibodies that the body can't use or doesn't need. It contains very few toxins, and it SHOULD NOT contain pathogens, except in rare diseases or something like a UTI.

So why are Lyme spirochetes being found in urine these days?

Since Bb is similar to the Syphilis spirochete in that it is a ``borer'', then Syphilis spirochetes should have been found in urine decades ago when more scientific research was being done on urine. But they were not found. I think this may be significant.

Tailz, does ``The Body Electric'' book talk at all about the HARP project (and the similar project over in Northern Europe)?

I've always wondered what those huge microwave bursts might be doing to the whole planet. How much heat is that producing in our ionosphere? How is that affecting the temperature of the planet?

Shouldn't we look hard at some of these potentially dangerous experiments before we blame global warming on our increased population, etc.?

Ah, knowledge. If only we peons were allowed to have ALL of what is available.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Genesis 3:14-19 Often neglected in favor of more "exciting" prophecies, this first prophecy holds the fundamental principles for understanding the nature of Satan's relationship to Christ and the church, woman's relationship with man, man's relationship with nature, and sin's role in human suffering. Few subjects are more important!The setting of this prophecy provides the necessary background information we need to understand the full implications of God's pronouncements in these verses. Adam and Eve were still living in the Garden of Eden. Satan, speaking through a serpent, had just deceived Eve into eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil {{My bible sez that too I only was getting to the point}} . She, in turn, had persuaded Adam to do the same. These sins demanded the judgment of God, which He expresses as curses that would result from their disobedience.At first glance, the curses seem severe. These two innocents--babes, really--had no armor "against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11). However, they had received instruction from God on the very point in question (Genesis 2:16-17 ), and this should have been sufficient to deter them. From God's point of view, their actions were sheer rebellion.In addition, when God inquired about their actions (Genesis 3:11 ), they neither admitted their transgressions nor sought forgiveness. Instead, they shifted the blame--Adam to Eve, and Eve to Satan (verses 12-13)! Their actions throughout this scenario told God plenty about their character, making his predictions certain.Thus, what we see is that God did not curse them--they cursed themselves! Because of sin's predictable course, God merely voices the consequences of their actions in prophetic terms. This prophecy, then, includes Satan's ultimate guilt and punishment, mankind's battle of the sexes and struggle to survive, and the need for a Savior to repair the damage they had caused. What we see in microcosm is the plan of God!
Romans 1:18-20 Our knowledge of God is certainly partial at best, but we cannot plead complete ignorance. Paul says His creation reveals enough of Him to make a major difference in our lives. Failure to keep the first commandment is the major reason why this world is in its current condition. Had mankind kept it, the natural, spiritual progression would have led him to keep the rest because he would then, at the very least, have had the correct Source of law and morality. Without keeping this commandment, the best that man can do in establishing standards is by his own experience, and that leads him directly to Satan.
Ephesians 2:1-3 Satan subtly persuaded Adam and Eve that by taking the knowledge of good and evil, they would be like gods, and by this he inserted himself as a rival to God for man's loyalty . He implied that they could institute their own ways and standards. However, he concealed from them that he would influence mankind in establishing those ways and standards so that he, the god of this world, would be sovereign and obeyed. The result of this is that those who submit to him are made in the Devil's image, rather than God's.Satan, eminently successful in his ruse, has been imitated by all mankind. By the time God calls us, we are thoroughly in his image. We are so indoctrinated into his way of life that even by nature we are children of wrath.Satan cunningly hides something else from Adam and Eve: His brand of freedom to establish standards and to choose creates tremendous diversity and thus a constant and wearying confusion. When vanity enters this mix, the result is divorce in the family, social problems in the community, and on a larger scale, bloody warfare. Mankind has paid a horrible price for wrongly choosing Satan as sovereign.From His nature of love and wisdom, God pre-determined what is right and beautiful, and He taught Adam and Eve His way of life, instruction now included in His Word. If we want to achieve His purpose and be in His image, unlike our first parents, we must limit our free moral agency to choosing whether to submit to the universal, life-encompassing standards He has already determined.
1 Peter 1:18-20 Our Savior Jesus Christ was appointed in advance, predestined before the foundation of the world to die for the sins of men. This strongly indicates that God had no doubt that men would sin, so He was prepared. After He created Adam and Eve, He put them in the Garden of Eden and instructed them. Shortly thereafter, Satan came along to make his pitch for the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Persuaded, Adam and Eve snapped at the bait of immediate gratification, broke four commandments, and brought the death penalty on themselves. Thus, God set the stage that would create a monumental calamity that reverberates through the millennia, claiming even the life of God in the flesh.Why did God not step in and stop the sins from occurring? Why did He not restrain Satan or speak out saying, "This is the way. Walk in it"? He could have at any time. He was not distracted elsewhere, and no one could restrain His hand. Further, we must understand that God did not make them sin or force them into it. He did allow them to do it if they so chose. He did nothing to stop them from being seduced by the temptation.God's awareness of what is happening in His creation and His power over every aspect of it are so complete that, if something happens to us, He has willed it. This does not necessarily mean He plans every occurrence, but He does will it to happen simply by doing nothing to stop it. The actions of Satan, Adam, and Eve in no way caught God by surprise; He knew they were going to sin. There was no "Plan B." Because God is never surprised, He does not get frustrated. He always has things under control, so He does not get fearful and nervous as we do.

Now back to what I was saying EMF's

Doesn't the earth produce EMF?
Yes

The earth produces EMF, mainly in the form of static fields, similar to the fields generated by DC electricity. Electric fields are produced by air turbulence and other atmospheric activity. The earth's magnetic field of about 500 mG is thought to be produced by electric currents flowing deep within the earth's core. Because these fields are static rather than alternating, they do not induce currents in stationary objects as do fields associated with alternating current. Such static fields can induce currents in moving and rotating objects.

Electromagnetic fields are pervasive in our culture and are composed of electric and magnetic fields. Most EMFs that we are exposed to are man-made, but some also occur naturally. The most widespread and enduring of these natural EMF fields is the magnetic field of the earth itself, which exists everywhere on the planet and far out into space. Although the earth's magnetic field is all around us, it is of very low strength, only about one half of a Gauss or about 500 milligauss, or mg. The Gauss is the unit of magnetic field strength, and a milligauss is one thousandth of a Gauss. The most impressive display of natural electric fields in action is that of high voltage lightning flashes, frequently seen(and heard) in the spring and summer during thunderstorms and electrical storms. Less impressive but nonetheless annoying are the minor shocks we all experience on dry days when walking on carpets builds up a static electric charge which is discharged whenever we touch a conductor.
Fields and the Electromagnetic Spectrum
Electric and magnetic fields result from electrical charges in motion. The electric current in a wire is just a bundle of electrons moving along the wire under the pressure of a voltage difference along the wire. A current of electricity produces both an electric and a magnetic field which propagate outward at right angles to one another. The radiation produced by oscillating electromagnetic fields, such as alternating current or "AC", familiar to all of us, and other sources of electromagnetic energy is called "Electromagnetic Radiation" or "EMR." The electromagnetic spectrum comprises EMR ranging from gamma rays and x-rays with ultra-short wavelengths and ultra-high frequencies, to visible light, rays with longer wavelengths like infrared (heat)radiation, microwaves, radar, UHF and VHF television signals, radio waves and at the very low and extremely low frequency ranges "ELF" of the 50 to 60 Hertz or HZ (cycles per second) of the familiar AC (alternating current) electrical power distribution system which is commonly used in the developed nations. The higher the frequency of the radiation the shorter the wavelength, so the wavelength of 60 Hz AC household current is thousands of miles.
Effects of Radiation, EMF and ELF
Radiation at very high frequencies, and very short wavelengths, like x-rays and gamma rays is called "ionizing radiation" because it can cause ionization or physical damage to a target atom or matter that it strikes. X-rays and gamma rays produce effects in living systems because the energy carried by this radiation is so large that it can break molecular bonds. It can actually break apart DNA, the molecules that make up our genes. This is the way X-ray exposure can lead to cancer. However the energy carried in 60 Hz fields and the man-made magnetic fields discussed here is much too low to break molecular or chemical bonds. Microwaves do not carry enough energy to break chemical or molecular bonds, but they are absorbed by the water in tissues where they can also set up strong currents. This causes heating, which is what makes a microwave oven work. While 60 Hz fields can also set up currents in tissues, these currents are much weaker. The amount of heat they generate is trivial compared to the natural heat that comes from the cells of the body. The EMF and ELF part of the electromagnetic spectrum discussed here is called non-ionizing radiation because it does not cause a physical disruption upon impact with matter but may, in some situations, cause some type of biological effect. The jury is still out on whether EMF/ELF also causes health effects upon exposure. However, although scientists have been studying this question for some time, there has been no definitive demonstration of a specific, proven, positive cause and effect relationship between electric and magnetic fields and health effects. Utility companies and public health agencies are getting calls from concerned citizens inquiring about possible health effects associated with the electric and magnetic fields associated with power lines and other components of the electric power distribution system such as transformers and other equipment.
Manmade Sources of EMF
In addition to natural sources, common everyday use of electricity produces electric and magnetic fields. If fact the overwhelming majority of exposure to these fields comes from these man-made sources. These types of fields are associated with power lines, wiring in buildings at home, school and in the workplace. Common electric appliances such as microwave ovens, electric ranges and cooktops, electric clocks, hair dryers, electric shavers, electric blankets, and others produce these electromagnetic fields. These appliances all produce electric and magnetic fields when they are turned on and plugged into a live electric outlet.
Commercial Use of Electricity
Before the invention of man-made electricity, humans were exposed only to the constant magnetic field of the earth and the occasional electric and magnetic field increases caused by lighting bolts. However, since the advent of commercial electricity power distribution in the last hundred years, we have been increasingly surrounded by man-made electric and magnetic fields generated by our electric power grid and the appliances we use everyday, as well as higher frequencies from radio and television transmissions and use or radar by commercial and military aviation. The most commonly used type of electricity used in our homes and places of work is alternating current or "AC", in which the current does not flow steadily in one direction but moves back and forth. Wherever there is an electric current, there are also electric and magnetic fields which are created by the electric charges. The current is measured in amperes or "amps" for short.
Intensity and Shielding of Fields
The AC fields to which we are all exposed come from high voltage, long distance power transmission lines, and from the distribution system that brings this power to our homes, work places, factories and schools. Electric and magnetic fields also emanate from common appliances as mentioned above. The magnetic fields from these sources are often much weaker than the earth's field but can sometimes exceed its 500 milligauss strength. The strength of electric and magnetic fields are reduced dramatically as one moves away from their sources. Electric fields may be blocked by objects such as earth, trees or buildings or may be shielded out by special construction techniques or certain types shielding. Magnetic fields on the other hand are normally not blocked by such objects, although certain types of metal such as "mu metal" can sometimes shield against magnetic fields.
Research Studies
There have been a number of scientific experiments, studies and epidemiological studies on the questions of potential biological and health effects of EMF and ELF. Overall the sum of these studies to date has neither confirmed nor demonstrated that exposure to such fields causes health effects. However, neither have these studies unequivocally demonstrated the absence of EMF/ELF caused health effects. Therefore, not surprisingly, research on possible health risks from EMF and ELF fields is continuing. In the United States, major support for research on possible health risks comes from the Electric Power Research Institute ("EPRI"), the U. S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.

High doses of anything can lead to danger even water & food. What it comes down to is keeping what God truths say in your heart.

``Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth'' (II Timothy 2:15).

Study--

Although the idea of "study" is certainly conveyed by this verse, this particular word actually means "be diligent, make every effort, exert yourself, give your utmost effort." The word is used in Ephesians 4:3--"endeavoring (making every effort) to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." It is used in Hebrews 4:11--We are to be diligent and to make every effort to enter into God's rest.

to show thyself approved unto God--

We are to make every effort to present ourselves before God as approved workmen! When we stand before the judgment seat of Christ we want to hear Him say, "Well done My good and faithful student! You have learned from Me. You have correctly handled and faithfully taught My Word of truth." We want God's approval, not only for how we live our life, but for how we study His Word.

a workman that needeth not to be ashamed--

Bible study is hard work and yet very rewarding. There are precious gems to be found, but finding them involves laborious work and great effort. Digging is not easy. Spurgeon said, "There are some precious jewels which may be discovered even by the wayfaring man, but the mass of the gold is hidden in the bowels of the earth; and he who would be rich in these treasures, must dig into Scripture. Thou must go down into its depths, and thou must rummage there until thou gettest at last at the treasure." May we be among those who "labour (toil to the point of weariness and exhaustion) in the word and doctrine" (1 Timothy 5:17). Woe be unto the lazy and slothful workman who will be ashamed before Christ for his failure to "give himself wholly" to the study of the Word (1 Timothy 4:16).

rightly dividing the Word of Truth--

the word "rightly dividing" literally means "to rightly cut, to cut straight."

Thats enough from me off topic.

--------------------

Newbie Links

tailz
Unregistered

Marnie - that's a good post. I need to reread that when my technical brain is operating better though. I wonder if that's why I often feel worse if I take a mineral supplement or a vitamin? I just feel better if I get it all straight from food in most cases.

I agree that we're so very complex, however, I think the earth would give us all the right positive and negative charges in balance if we'd give up our self-induced mega-dosed array of electromagnetic and chemical pollution. I think God would see to this.

Tracy - I double checked my Bible, and mine makes that distinction about the 'tree of the knowledge of good and bad', too. If we even suspect something is harmful, we ought to do without it unless and until it is proven otherwise. It's hard to do without some of these things though completely until everybody sort of catches on to the trend of cleaning up this earth. I think this generation is one pitiful experiment after another - and you're right - in the name of money and greed. I have trouble trusting much of the research that claims manmade EMFs are safe since pretty much everything man creates in excess has some sort of death tag attached to it.

Are you referring to 'the woodpecker' though? I have trouble remembering all the abbreviations in 'The Body Electric', but this author/researcher is looking at everything full spectrum. I know in the book he mentions some radio signal that appeared out of nowhere many years ago - I think he calls it 'the woodpecker'.

I just think that if we'd all go back in time to a simpler way of life, we would start to heal. He does mention Lyme in his book. See, I have trouble believing that God would send us these nasty parasites that would cross our blood-brain barriers all on their own, leaving us defenseless. Spirochetes were around a long, long time - they only more recently were able to have access to crossing the blood-brain barrier. That's why they're showing up in urine now, along with a zillion toxins. I think that all these foreign 'charges' are causing our immune systems to bottom-out, allowing bugs and toxins to have free reign through our bodies.

treepatrol - I always thought it was stupid that Adam and Eve were given one commandment - eat from all trees EXCEPT this one, and still, they disobeyed. I just have trouble discerning if we're supposed to sit back and do nothing or bang our heads against the wall trying to get people to consider ditching their cell phones, computers, etc...

But I think the reason God allowed Adam and Eve to choose is because he knew that not ALL humans would choose to worship Satan like they did. There have been faithful servants after Adam and Eve.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry, Tree, but I can't read those big blocks of text very well, but I was able to make out most of it.

Tailz, I do think we are probably screwing up the natural electro-magnetic energy of the planet. But the same technology that allowed us to do that may help us figure out a way to shield, block or nullify the effects. I said this on the other thread you posted (which is getting me confused so sorry if I get them mixed up!)

We didn't do it on purpose - we were ignorant about a lot of these ``unseen'' consequences. Let's face it, it hasn't been that long ago that doctors who washed their hands before surgery were considered kooks because nobody believed in micro-organisms. Well, once the science of harmful microbes in the body was established, measures were taken to prevent the spread of disease.

I'm hoping that something similar can be done in this case. If only the incentive to do it is there.

And we would be a bit short-sighted to blame all our ``new'' vulnerabilities on EMFs.

I don't buy into everything she says, but Hulda Clark believes that the cause of most diseases is because common intestinal flukes (parasites) are migrating to all parts of the body because of the ingestion or absorption of unnatural chemicals such as `proply alcohols' and related chemicals. Normally, intestinal flukes stay in the intestines, but now they seem to be going everywhere in the body.

Check the ingredients of your lotions, cosmetics, shampoos, OTC and Rx drugs - see how often ``prop'' or ``propyl'' pops up. It seems the more expensive the product, the more of this stuff is in there.

So, our natural internal ``barriers'' are probably being affected by more than just one culprit out there.

Very interesting about the ``woodpecker''! Never heard of that.

First of all, I misspelled ``HARP'' - it should be the HAARP Project.

HAARP stands for ``High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program''. It is jointly managed by the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Office of Naval Research. The HAARP Research Station is located approximately 8 miles north of Gakona, Alaska.

quote:
HAARP basically ``boils'' the upper atmosphere. HAARP zaps the upper atmosphere with a focused and steerable electromagnetic beam. It is an advanced model of an "ionospheric heater." (The ionosphere is the electrically charged sphere surrounding Earth's upper atmosphere...)

HAARP is the test run for a superpowerful radio-wave beaming technology that lifts areas of the ionosphere by focusing a beam and heating those areas. Electromagnetic waves then bounce back onto Earth and penetrate everything -- living and dead.

HAARP publicity gives the impression it is mainly an academic project with the goal of changing the ionosphere to improve communications for our own good. However, other U.S. military documents put it more clearly.....

Publicity documents insist that the HAARP project is no different from other ionospheric heaters operating safely [says who?] throughout the world in places such as Arecibo, Puerto Rico; Troms�, Norway; and the former Soviet Union.

However, a 1990 government document indicates that the radio frequency (rf) power zap will drive the ionosphere to unnatural activities: "At the highest hf powers available in the West, the instabilities commonly studied are approaching their maximum rf energy dissipative capability, beyond which the plasma processes will 'run away' until the next limiting factor is reached."

Well, you can read more at the link below if you want. Yes, this is a conspiracy website, but you will find the same concerns expressed on various websites all over the Internet. This website happens to express most of the concerns in one place.
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/HAARP.htm

There is a book available called Angels Don't Play this HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology, which is 230 pages of detailed information on this project.

Here's the HAARP homepage if you want to read what the government wants you to know:
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html

Whether we are talking about Adam and Eve, or Harry and Sally, it is all about ``freedom of choice''. It was a gift that was ours from the very beginning. God will not interfere with that. He created people, not robots.

Well, this is getting way too long.

All the best,

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh???
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Excuse me if any of this was already mentioned.

I think 20/20 (or one of those type of shows) once did a show about the dangers of cell phones and the labs in Europe do better testing for negative output then the labs in the USA which are all connected with the cell phone companies and lie about how strong the output is.

The owner of Virgin airlines said on the show when you put a cell phone to your ear you are frying your brain. His friend died from suspected cell phone use.

One study done in Europe said that people who get brain tumors usually get them near the same ear they usually hold the cell phone to.

I have also heard on the radio that cordless home phones are not much better for you then cell phones. They seem to really wipe me out.

I really think excessive cell phone use is dang foolish.

tailz
Unregistered

I don't doubt that all this electromagnetic chaos started out as an honest military attempt (like you can call that 'honest') to protect the country, but I even have problems with the concept of war.

If we take out another country just because of what happened September 11th, it's not going to bring back a single person who died that day. And I know there are even those out there who think we knew about what was going to happen that day and allowed it to happen as an excuse to go to war.

I also believe you are right, Tracy, about all the chemicals in foods and products adding fire to the flame. But I do wonder if perhaps we would be able to clear even these chemicals if there wasn't so much electromagnetic pollution everywhere - just typing on this computer is giving me a headache.

But even a trip to the store yesterday caused me to get a headache after getting slammed with perfume.

Here was the beginning of 'synthetic' fragrances - Chanel No. 5. Before this, essential oils were used to make American women smell good. When I smell perfume now, I can't believe I ever put that junk on me - it smells like poison to me now:

Chanel No. 5 is one of the best known perfumes in the world. The first fragrance from Parisian couturier, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, it was launched in May 1921.

It is named, apparently because multiple perfume samples were mixed for Coco's approval. They were labelled No. 1, No. 2 etc. It was bottle No. 5 that was to Chanel's liking and became the chosen formula.

The brand really took off over 30 years later, and the endorsement that sent sales soaring didn't cost Chanel a cent. In 1953, when asked what she wore in bed Marilyn Monroe famously replied, "Two drops of Chanel No. 5".

In 1924, Pierre Wertheimer became business partners with Coco Chanel in her perfume business. He owned 70�Coco owned 10�and her friend Bader owned 20�Today, the Wertheimer family still run the perfume business.

Chanel No. 5 was also famous for being the first perfume to heavily rely on synthetic floral aldehydes as a top note. Before synthetics, perfume either had to be applied very very heavily before going out to ensure that the fragrance would last, or frequently through out the night.

Famous spokesmodels for the fragarance are Marilyn Monroe, Catherine Deneuve, and, most recently, Nicole Kidman.

The perfume's cousins are Chanel No. 19 and No. 22.

Info on aldehydes:

An aldehyde is an organic compound containing a terminal carbonyl group. This functional group, which consists of a carbon atom which is bonded to a hydrogen atom and double-bonded to an oxygen atom (chemical formula O=CH-), is called the aldehyde group. The aldehyde group is also called the formyl or methanoyl group.

The word aldehyde seems to have arisen from alcohol dehydrogenated. In the past, aldehydes were sometimes named after the corresponding alcohols, for example vinous aldehyde for acetaldehyde. (Vinous is from Latin vinum = wine, the traditional source of ethanol; compare vinyl.)

The aldehyde group is polar. Oxygen, more electronegative than carbon, pulls the electrons in the carbon-oxygen bond towards itself, creating an electron deficiency at the carbon atom.

Owing to resonance stabilization of the conjugate base, an α-hydrogen in an aldehyde is more acidic than a hydrogen atom in an alkane, with a typical pKa of 17.

tailz
Unregistered

Cordless phones aren't much better. In fact, even with the unit in the charger base, it still gives off excessive amounts of EMF.

I get a headache even from a 3-minute call some days.

My ex-husband just had a brain tumor removed - he was a heavy cell phone user. In fact, I can't even handle his house for short periods because he has so many electronics buzzing at any given moment.

tailz
Unregistered

Here's a picture of the brain after exposure to perfume (SPECT imaging):

http://www.ourlittleplace.com/spect.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement