LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tachycardia heart pounding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tachycardia heart pounding
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tachycardia wont seem to go away . all week ive been taking hawthorn berries which usually stablizie it but now it wont work.
its punding at like 140 beats / min and very very heavy and strong.
i feel weak, lightheade,d dizzy and unable to walk, short of breath.
I dont have any arrythmias tho-- the beat are regualar.
ive bben to the er many times with this and the ECG was normal and chest x ray. i only got a fluid drip.
any suggestions.
indesperation

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Citrus,

Have you discussed this with your LLMD ?

Lyme can often cause heart palps, etc., as can babesia or herxing. It's good news the tests didn't show any problems. Many patients experience this but you need to discuss this with your doc as he may be able to prescribe some meds to calm the situation.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a stress test, echo cardiogram, EKG, or a Tilt Table Test?
You could have Lyme induced NMH (Neurally Mediated Hypotension)
Its done by a cardiologist. You may need to do the tilt table test and you might need beta blockers to regulate the heart rate.
I would get a full workup, to rule out other conditions. I have NMH, and treatment for the tachycardia made a HUGE difference.
 -

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had same situation since taking abx with this. Never had these situations before...

I could at least take care of myself before, even though I couldn't work(for 4 months now).

Now after a month and half of abx, I can't even walk around or take care of myself.

I'm going to start going to all the docs... allergy, cardio, ... Let me know if you find what causes this, and I will do the same(it appears to be NMH or POTS by the others on here, and a cardio doc is needed).

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been treated for Babesia? this can definately cause these symptoms (but so can other things.)

Are your blood counts okay - not anemic?

Have you had an echocardiogram (not ECG) - this should be done too. I think they can run a probe to check the pressure in the lungs - you would need this also. It is a non invasive test and nothing to be fearful of.

You need to check it out by a process of elimination.

BW
Emma

suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s. by all means get checked for NMH but do not take beta blockers if you have asthma (VERY dangerous)

take care
Emma

psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
citruslyme,

are you on abx? From another one of your posts, I don't think you are.

If not, you need to do some kind of treatment...at least try no rift rife or look up one of Bob davis' posts on how to put together an inexpensive rife machine using a degaussing coil.

I bought a heavy duty degaussing coil on Ebay for $45 and you can get the noriftrife software for about $40. Then you just need an amplifier and some cables. That's about as inexpensive as you can get for something that will service you for a long time.

Have you tried the salt/c protocol? I've heard it works well for some people and is relatively inexpensive.

You must try anything to kill the Borrelia.

I had cardiac involvement as well, and it's frightening. But it's gone now, after extended abx treatment. If you can't afford abx, you MUST try some of the less expensive alternatives. You won't get better without killing Bb.

Hang in there and good luck.

[ 19. February 2007, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: psano ]

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're on IV get checked for YEAST ASAP!!

If not on IV but on antibiotics, still get checked for yeast!

I hope you're on antibiotics...

beta blockers help a lot but a side effect is they make you loopy. Still worth it if it's scarey...

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement