LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Juice Fasting + Cleansing = Cured Advanced Lyme in 4 months

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Juice Fasting + Cleansing = Cured Advanced Lyme in 4 months
Jon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9123

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juice Fasting + Cleansing = Cured Advanced Lyme in 4 months???? No, not me... But I know someone who claims to have done this.

He said he had lyme for 4 years undiagnosed. then tried 4 years with antibiotics, only to relapse over and over again. He then tried this approach and had remarkable results. He also went full vegan and ate all natural foods. Let me summarize this: He claims to have thrown his late stage lyme into remmission in only 4 MONTHS, just by fanatically cleansing, and juice fasting...

Has anyone heard of a treatment similar to this?
He says he knows many other people who cured themselves with this approach, and he has cured some of his own patients through this approach. He is unlisenced and helps people with cancer, aids, you name it... I am kinda thrown off when he says he has REVERSED AIDS PATIENTS, yes, REVERSED AIDS!!, with this approach...
He claims that the body's own immune system, in the proper conditions is the most powerful way to kill the bacteria. He claims to have lived a lyme free life for around 12 years....

What are your thoughts on this protocol??

If I started this my protocol would look like this... in order:

Strict Diet.
Cleansing protocol
Juice fasting inbetween, 3 day intervals.
Colon Cleanse
Infared Sauna
PC Samento
Olive Leaf extract
And I'm guessing various supplements, Vitamin C, Magnesium etc...

He honestly 100 percent believes it is possible to throw this into remmision very quickly if you follow this approach religously... Since he hardly charges any money for his advice (on donation) I don't know what to believe.

Could he be fabricating his entire story to steal a couple hundered bucks from seriosuly ill people? I don't know... But I would like all of your opinions about this protocol..

(My situation: I have been on antibiotics and mepron for around 7 months, with absolutely 0 improvement, slowly sliding downhill, and seeing how everyone relapses I would like to try different approaches, I have been off ABX for over 2 months, and have been ill for 1.5 years)

[hi]

Posts: 170 | From Vancouver | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. I am going to ask for the contact information for the people he has claimed to have cured, and the people he knows who have cured themselves with this protocol.
Posts: 170 | From Vancouver | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do vegans get lyme disease? I think the answer is yes.....

Does this diet help with Candida? Maybe, but it could also be potentially dangerous for some of us.

I'd be very careful Jon

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen reports of people on antibiotics for a long time who do not feel better until a few months after stopping them.

Is it possible that four years of antibiotics cured his Lyme disease and he just needed to get off of them and let his body rid itself of toxins (with perhaps some help from his cleanses and diet) to FEEL better?

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jon,

Have you treated ALL of the tick infections?

Bartonella?
Erlichosia?

and the other ones?

Maybe you need IV?

I do know that one woman had minimal improvement from oral antibiotics, she was very sick, and it was not until about the 7th week of IV that she saw improvement, then bam! she started to get very well with the IV Rocephin.

I dont recall you saying you had a positive Western Blot from Igenex? did you have a positive Western Blot from Igenex for lyme?

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative for lyme from Igenex. And positive for BABS. They don't do IV in Canada...

I have seen reports of people on antibiotics for a long time who do not feel better until a few months after stopping them.

Excellent point, I had not thought of that...

Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of a report someone posted in the German Lyme forum.

A woman got ill after giving birth. Various symptoms that could have been Lyme. Test was positive so she got 3 weeks of abx.

Felt fine for 1 week then everything started again. Doc didn't want to give abx anymore.

A medical professor (friend of a friend) told her to do fasting: she stayed on water only for 2 weeks. The only other thing that she did was taking a very good probiotic with different good bacteria inside during this time to rebuild her gut flora.

She said that she is well now since 3 years - but she wasn't ill for very long and who knows if that really was Lyme.

Somebody else replied that she was symptomfree for one full week after she had to fast due to various medical exams for 1 full week.

I think if I would be strongly overweight (which I'm not) then I would give it a try. If you are underweight I think it could become dangerous.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do some research on this person. Ask him for names and numbers of others he has helped. Ask them the questions from a prepared list in front of you. Is he a naturopath? Is he in your town for a face to face in his office? Donation part makes me leary. But then again could he be a human being who suffered from an illness and now wants to help others.

Have you done a search on this site for each of these protocols that you listed. You will find posts on every single protocol you listed on this site.

From my own experience some of those protocols CAN help your body cope. Is it going to cure you? Nobody knows the answer to that. It won't happen in a week, probably not several weeks and just maybe take a year or more to see significant results. Some of it might even be harmful to you, like others mentioned. One man's poison is another man's medicine.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done the Clindamycin and Quinine for babesia?

I did this and had to start off with 1/4 cap a day and work up with both drugs.

I read on hear that some did not have results with the mepron and azithromycin for babesia.
Maybe get the babesia tested again, to see if it is still positive.

Maybe that is you too, maybe try the clindamycin and quinine for your babesia if you have not done it.

Also, I have heard of several in Canada, that had IV for lyme, I am in Canada, and actually was denied IV from ID, Dr, but am too see LLMD again, to see if
there is still a chance with another ID Dr if I need it.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as many say, "well it it walks like a duck an quacks like a duck...."

something very very fishy........

i'm with cave.....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have worked for this person but when people go back to a regular diet/life, they may relapse. And anyway, why is he or she charging $ for this info? You can just read about raw food on the internet, or juicing, or fasting, on curezone.com for free.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my apple juice post...for starters.

When someone can't eat food (coma situations, for example) and has to be fed thru feeding tubes, the formulas ARE liquid.

But...they are very balanced...water, minerals, some "sugar", vitamins, amino acids.

I suspect the nutrients are much more "available" to the cells in liquid form.

Then, however, there is the issue of fiber...which is much needed.

Metamucil for the "cleansing" part.

Diet...Mediterranean.

Colon ... cleanse...don't deplete the good guys! Careful.

Infrared...good. So would an ozone sauna (for different reasons).

Samento...help, but not cure. Host Defense (beta glucan mushrooms) might help too.

Olive OIL. Even applying it to the skin...our largest organ. The Romans did many years ago.

EXERCISE...just walks or gentle exercise in a swimming pool.

Positive thinking. Music, laughter, prayer etc.

Supplements...many. I've listed recently. Difficult to figure out "when"...Alka Max not too close to meals (keep HCL in stomach to digest food), Vitamin E (complete kind) with selenium + CoQ10 at meals, Mg with B vitamins...keep the minerals or glycogen ("alkaline") in balance with the "acids"...to raise the pH.

Fruits and veggies are already electromagnetically balanced.

We need more acids than the alkaline minerals/glycogen, but we need BOTH.

Hydrogen INactivates PFK...the "rate limiting" enzyme for glycolysis. We need to get the pH up and get hydrogen INTO THE MITOCHONDRIA.

Bb is latching onto/invading the endothelial cells that line the blood vessels - arteries. Those cells lack "protection" because nutrient have to be able to flow easily thru their cell walls to deep tissues.

The infected cells are transported via a white blood cell called Langerhans cells to the lymph system to "finish the job". The lymph system is sluggish/slow.

Bb is still hanging out there and the lymph system is not "finishing the job". They (lymph nodes) maybe overwhelmed.

This is how I currently understand it...as I am trying hard to figure out just what Bb is doing and how/why our body responds to this huge threat.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon, it would not surprise me in the least if fasting was a key element in this man's return to wellness.

Some of the research done on fasting in animals and lower lifeforms has been fascinating.

In some cases, with regular fasting, the lifespan of some of these organisms has been increased to nearly double the normal lifespan.

That's impressive. And suggetive of some extraordinary healing and detoxing benefits.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tickedntx:

Is it possible that four years of antibiotics cured his Lyme disease and he just needed to get off of them and let his body rid itself of toxins (with perhaps some help from his cleanses and diet) to FEEL better?

I agree!

I think it's possible to keep from relapsing by doing juices and natural things. But I still believe you need abx or Rife to kill the boogers.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement