LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anxiety....lost my job today

Author Topic: Anxiety....lost my job today
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 9 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how long my insurance will keep up and cobra sure is expensive.

I'm still in shock, never saw it coming. As if I didn't have enough on my plate now, they found a lump in my breast that I have to have mammo'd and diagnosed in 3 weeks.

My lyme is worse and I am having a hard time walking these days. Not sure where to turn anymore except in the same circles I've been going in since diagnosis. [Frown]

I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can move this and my doc app't for more meds up ASAP.

Where is God? [confused]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry. If anything else, your last comment is the saddest. There is nothing worse than losing hope.

Will be praying for hope..hope...hope, and for you to feel Him meeting your needs.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my very dearest TTPH,

God is very much with you as you face these difficult challenges. As with every trouble we encounter, sometimes we must step aside and allow Him to do his work.

It is much like the "bottom" that some addicts experience. The bottom is where we are forced to LOOK UP! And when we truly know that we cannot

carry our burdens alone or fix anything by ourselves, then God gets our attention. For me, it took losing everything I loved and held close

and dear. I lost my job, my income, my home, my car, my husband, my friends, my sense of purpose, my former health, and countless other things that

I felt defined me. I was so ANGRY for so long and I learned later that it was wasted energy. I remember the exact time that I literally was on

the floor sobbing and yelling at God, saying, "Where ARE you? How can you allow so many bad things to happen to me?" I felt totally

whipped and beat up and hopeless and alone. When I was depleted and had gotten quiet, I moved to my bed and hugged my pillows. It was in

that stillness that I swear I heard a voice which said, "Now that your busy life and everything in it has fallen away, you will know me and hear me

and I will never leave you. I have always been with you, but you have not paid attention." To say the least, I was shaken. The next morning

nothing of my circumstances had changed, but my heart had. I recognized that I wasn't "floating the boat" and that I just needed to trust that God as I understood Him would work in my life as

He saw fit. It took a huge leap of faith to let go of my own ego and desires and belief that I could take care of everything. I realized that I

WASN'T taking care of everything....I COULDN'T! I hope in the coming days and weeks you will think upon this, that you will just say, "I cannot do this alone." That is sufficient.

And I also hope you will realize that God is not "out there" somewhere but is part of you, the part that is perfect, with no want and no need.

When you are able to tap into the divine within, you will be strengthened beyond any measure.

In the meantime, post, post post here! Allow us to support and help you. God works through us also. If you would like to talk, please PM me and I will make that happen.

My best love,

Janet

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One door closes, another one opens. Have trust in it.

This is a circle of life.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
poor, i'm so sorry to read this. yes, demand a sooner appt. about the breast lump, etc. they found.

find out when your insurance expires since we normally pay ahead of time for monthly coverage!

may god carry you during this emotional rollercoaster you began today and with the breast suspicions.

again, post here in support FOR SUPPORT. others have walked in your footsteps ok!

i have posted a link below from minoucat on a WIDE variety of things; check it out ok!
[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Resources for getting Disability, Insurance, dealing with HMOs
From MINOUCAT .... outstanding advice here!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=013935

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TNJanet

WHAT A TESTIMONY!!!

Tothe, please read and re-read TNJanet. Everything she experienced is truth. It is TRUTH like no other truth we have.

Please don't waste any energy trying to regain your job. It is very possible that job was hindering your ability to heal. If the job was draining your energy, then your sick body had nothing left to fight your illness. The solution may not be obvious to you now, but I pray in the very near future you will look back and see this moment as a blessing and a turning point in your healing.

As for your lump, I am so sorry you have yet one more stupid health issue to deal with. I pray it proves to be simple to resolve. For what this is worth, I just read an article about how CoQ10 prevents breast cancer. May cure as well???

I am making a note to myself to try to find that article again. I don't have time now as I must get ready for work, but I will research it tonight and will send it to you. It was pretty amazing and something I had not read before.

Try to google CoQ10 and breast cancer and see what comes up. It was a scientific report, not anything from a website selling CoQ10.

Please don't stop praying or believing in God. God has not abandoned you. He is moving you to a better place for you.

Tothe, we love you and we are praying for you. Never forget you have many friends here!

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, God works through people.

Everytime you post, TTPH , I know it will be something I can relate too- and wow what a zinger this time.

This thread is so inspirational I am going to print it and carry it with me. Thank you Janet for leading the charge against all odds.

When I initially hit hard times I thought I could take it all in stride because I had such a strong Faith and Belief in God. When I began to experience despair, depression, suicidal thoughts,anger, fear I was further disappointed in myself because I saw it as a lack of faith.

I felt worthless. I heard a song recently on the radio I would like to get a copy of-but the gist of the lyrics was "Sometimes God calms the storm, Sometimes God calms the child,Sometimes God calms the wind and rain, sometimes He doesn't, sometimes God calms the child"

God is with you. God is with me. God is here with us, to guide us through the storm. I'm still here, the storm may not have passed, but I can see patches of blue sky now.

Maya Angelou-" I know why the caged bird sings, on its darkest day it believes in Spring"

Shout out in the darkness, TTPH, so we can find you-and shout back to let you know you are not alone.
Love, Carol

Karenelee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karenelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello tothepoorhouse,

I can say I've been there. In 1992, 14 years away from a Lyme diagnosis, I had a health melt down, and in the process lost my job, my career, many of my friends, and my home.

I too railed at God.

I did not hear a response.

But...

I did have the strength to walk through those dark years one step at a time, and to ultimately walk out of the darkness and back into something that passes for "a life." I believe that inner strength was god manifesting in my life, though some who know me say it was "true grit."

Whether God appears by your side, or you find your inner strength, you will get through this.

The things that helped me were, finding and connecting with support, finding and utilizing professional help (docs), doing what I could do at any given time, and forgiving myself for my inability to do things when I couldn't do them.

Keeping the goals all manageable, doable, not looking for the major turn around, just looking to improve my experience by baby steps. For instance, just setting a goal of taking a daily shower, which at one point was not possible. Now it's not even something that requires thought. (just for today!)

One thing that helped me tremendously was affirmations. I posted little index cards around my apartment with positive affirmations of my worth. Loosing it all really took a toll in that area.

So along that line, there is something I've been wondering since I first read your displayed name here. What effect does "tothepoorhouse" as a name have on the way you think and feel about yourself? Is it an effect that is helpful to you, or otherwise?

I know this is a very sensitive subject, but I do think that sense of identity plays a very big part in our experience with illness and disability.

I'm sending you support and caring, and hoping you can find some resting time and space to care for yourself in the midst of these trying experiences.

Karen

Posts: 112 | From RI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please hang in there and know you are never alone. There is a reason for everything.

It doesn't have to make sense to us, but know that God is always with you. So are we.

TNJanet, I will print your post and carry it with me. Your words, spirit and belief reaffirms mine. Thank you. (Again)

Please see if you can get your mammogram moved up.

I am praying for you and a positive outcome. Asking God to have his Angels wrap their wings around you and hold you during this trying time.

Like TNJanet, I also had a spiritual experience a couple of weeks ago when I distinctly heard a voice tell me to Be still......and know that I Am.

You are never alone.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katcon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katcon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry to hear your news.

I have also felt the way you are feeling now.

Where are you now God?

I got Lyme five years ago, a very severe case, and actually got very well with abx. It took five years but I was functioning at 80%-100% somedays.

Only to get bit again this summer. I declined rapidly, and was hospitalized because I could not walk. My bed was padded because I was also on seizure watch. It was truly miserable.

I remember praying to God, in the middle of the night that I felt so alone, and had I not suffered enough. I felt like I was just starting to get my life back. More than anything I did not feel God close to me, I felt totally abandon.

The next morning when my husband came to visit he asked me what they thought was happening to me. I told him that they had taken alot of blood for testing, and that I had an MRI, and many neurologists had been in to see me. They were all interested with my history with Lyme, but of course I did not have Lyme because their tests said so.

Anyway I told my husband that they really didn't have any answers for me in the hospital. They thought maybe Mythanesis Gravis, but not sure. I told him "it felt like Lyme, but it just felt different this time."

Later in the day a pastor came in to see me. She asked if she could pray with me, and asked what she could pray for. I told her that I was having alot of neurological difficulties, and could she please pray for my family.

After she prayed for me she told me "I don't know what this means, but what does it mean to you that it is different this time."

I could not believe that she said the exact same words that came out of my mouth earlier in the day.

I explained to the pastor my medical history, and she said, I think God it trying to tell you something.

I was doubting lyme at that point, because I again I did not have the bullseye, and my symptoms were so different from before. When she said those words to me I knew it was lyme again, and God would see me through this again.

I also believe that was a message, telling me and all of us that we are never alone. God is always with us, even when we don't feel his presence .

A book called The Prayer that Changes Everything has helped me so much thru this illness.

I will be praying for you, and remember you are not alone in this.

Kathy

Posts: 175 | From Pa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
SYMPATHY'' POEM COLLECTION by Betty Gordon

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

please see my poem collection of poems other than sympathy. but losing a job is a DEATH also.

i redid this; most had gotten cut off somehow! there are 30-45 there again now! [Big Grin]

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, dear Poorhouse.

I know what kind of shock you must be feeling.

Possibly, the situation has been taken out of your hands for you. This is probably for the best.

Maybe now you will begin some better healing, minus the stress of working.

Perhaps otherwise you would not have been able to get better.

It may be a blessing in disguise.

Take the time now to take care of YOU.

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear TTPH,

You have received so many encouraging words in the above posts, that I agree with (and, yes, I have felt abandoned many times by God when I prayed for a diagnosis and prayed for healing and felt no response, but I still keep praying believing that somehow good will come, I will be stronger, and in the meantime, I've helped a lot of Lyme patients get into treatment).

Like Karen, I use lots of affirmations and scriptural verses about healing, not fearing, etc.

Anyway, I'd like to focus on your need to keep insurance coverage. Please do not let it lapse. Even if COBRA is expensive, please make sure you get it if there is no way to extend your current insurance.

I have been dropped from insurance so many times because of changes in employment or having a group policy and the group was dropped, etc. And I was not insurable because of pre-existing conditions - and this was before Lyme!!

It is much easier to roll from one insurance plan to another. So if you need to move heaven and earth to afford COBRA, it's worth it - because once you're on COBRA for 18 months, then another insurance plan will have to take you according to HIPAA regulations.

HIPAA is the only way I was able to get the insurance plan I have now - because I was dropped by my previous insurance plan for reasons beyond my control.

There have been years where I couldn't get insurance at all and paid everything out of pocket. Now, even with insurance, I have to pay for most Lyme treatment out of pocket. But it's better than having no insurance, and at least it covers all the other health testing and procedures.

So even though you have been hit with an emotional wallop, please focus on the practical issue of needing to maintain insurance.

My prayers are with you.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTPH: Dear one I am sorry for your circumstances and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. There are many days, in which I wonder where is God, how I am going to get through this, ( I have had vision losss with the lyme) . I have met good people along the way, whose kindness has revitalized my strength , courage and faith. I hope that your friends here on this forum will be able to help you too.Keep your chin up.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(((((tothepoorhouse)))))

I am so sorry to hear this [Frown] my heart goes out to you.

hang in there [group hug]

And don't give up.

I'll keep the prayer light on for you

hugs & healing [kiss]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karenelee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karenelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<>

I'd like to second that opinion.

When I got sick in '92 i lost my job. I was single, had a mortgage and was offered cobra. The cobra was about the same amount as my mortgage. I chose to pay my mortgage, and not the medical insurance.

I didn't really understand how sick I was. Within a few months I ended up needing to be in the hospital, and I searched and searched a finally found one that would take me. Without that generosity of their charitable foundation I'm sure I would have died.

In the end I got so sick that I lost my home anyway. the health insurance would have been a better option, because perhaps with care, sooner, I wouldn't have gotten so sick. But who knows really.

Karen

Posts: 112 | From RI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry about your job loss. I hope and pray you can find another job with better pay and better insurance.

You have a lot that you're dealing with and the timing of this was just awful! Make sure your dr. knows just exactly where you're at financially & the job loss. He may know of some programs to help you and be able to expedite the tests for you so it will be covered under this insurance instead of cobra.

Draw even closer to God than ever before. Ask Him to show you the path to take.

This is overwhelming to me and I'm not even in the situation. Take little steps and do the next thing. Spruce up your resume. Get a letter of recommendation from your former employer if possible. Can you apply for SSI and or unemployement? How about food stamps or other assistance?

God bless you and may you see new doors of opportunity opening for you!

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got breast cancer? Think CoQ10.

Ok. This is not THE article I read but when I did a google of CoQ10 and cancer, here is just one of many articles that came up about it.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james2.htm

Seems important to me!

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my dear almshouse bunk-mate-

i'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your job, and that you had no idea that it was coming.

even in the best of times, when nothing is at stake, it is so difficult to be cut loose suddenly, to have your life change abruptly, to feel so out of control.

and in your case, so much is at stake. it is definitely good advice to do everything you can to get and to hold onto cobra insurance, no matter what else you have to sacrifice to do so.

truly out of control would be not being able to help yourself get better. there is no need to let the situation get to that. for starters, how about telling your llmd what has happened and ask for advise about you can continue to be treated.

sending you big hugs ---dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement