LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bottom of heels ache

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bottom of heels ache
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My whole body is weak and painful..but the bottom of my feet (the heel area) is also very tender. Does anyone else get and is it just part of the over-all body pain?

I tested negative for all co-infections.
igenex pos for both igg and igm, neg Elisa
cd57 is 80(within range but very very sick supposedly from lyme)

Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the heel pain can be from lyme but it could also be from bartonella or a bartonella like organism (BLO). The tests for co-infections are not reliable, according to Dr. B, only 20% who have a BLO test positive for bartonella. There are many strains that are not tested for and new ones being discovered.

I've had the overall pain for years and at one point felt like I had been run over by a truck 24/7. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had very severe heel pain for a very long time. I couldn't even go to the grocery store and walk for 15 minutes without being in pain.

It is much better today, I actually can't remember when the last time I had that pain. I've been on Mino for 2 years, and I have tested positive for Lyme, Bart H, & Bart Q, so not sure which one caused the pain. And my CD57 went down to a 3!!! (was a 6 before)

But just letting you know it does get better. [Smile]

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both! [Smile]
Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my x-rays show plantar fasci------, can't spell it, and i also have 2 HEEL SPURS; very painful for 20-25 years. [Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
panicbegone
My feet hurt all the time. It is mostly the bottom of my feet but they also hurt on top when I walk.
I have been on meds for only five months so I haven't seen any improvement yet.
sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bottom of my feet hurt too!!!

I believe this is related to bart. At least my LLMD believes it to be.

I also have swollen lymph glands all over my body.

I've changed shoes, stayed off my feet....you name it. Massage doesn't help either.

Sometimes when lying in bed, the soles of my feet hurt. Sometimes the heel, sometimes the arch, sometimes just one foot.

I have had this for a long time prior to Lyme dx. I just thought I was getting "tender feet"

I am to start bart treatment, I think, next month.

Hope your feet and you get to feeling better soon.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PT & strectching excercises were very helpful for me. Mention this to your LLMD and/or MD.

Mine was plantar fascitis, probably exacerbated by Babs.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

This is one of the more painful problems I have too. Am being treated for BLO now which might have caused plantar fasciatis.

I put my feet on an ice pack covered with a towel and have bought gel insoles for my shoes. I don't ever go barefooted either when my feet are hurting.

I also take Naproxen for inflammation which is an over the counter drug.

Hope this helps! [Cool]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has this problem and Dr. J. said it is probably because of Babesiosis (which he has).
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience there are two different kinds of lyme-related foot pain.

One is the general don't want to step on them in the morning kind. My impression is that one kind of owie comes from toxic liver. It tends to improve when I drink tons of water or do a liver cleanse.

The other is the plantar fasciitis kind, from tendons on the bottom of the foot that get too tight. Seems to be related to low adrenal function, but who the heck really knows. FYI that kind can definitly be treated and relieved by a good massage therapist!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, I had this exact series of problems and for a long time had no idea it had to do with Lyme. It eventually went away for the most part. When it comes back infrequently, I control it with boneset tea (which Buhner recommends for both liver disease issues (in his Hepatitis book) and for bartonella).

I test negative for bartonella but this and another couple of symptoms make my doc suspect I've had/got it. The Buhner herbs and detoxification stuff seem to control it.

I asked him if it was OK to take the tea for pain control long-term and I believe he said yes- the liver book certainly suggests taking it longterm.

The amazing thing is that I barely walked for a year, gained 30 pounds (I was always super-skinny so this is a LOT for me), lost all muscle tone- and all that time had no idea this is a Lyme/tickborne illness thing that could have been addressed with antibiotics/herbs. Dammit.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KKYOUNG
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKYOUNG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Marvel Foot Detox Pads have been a god send for me. The pain in my foot was so bad I couldn't stand to put any pressure on them. It was like a nerve in my tooth - searing pain. Someone else on here had mentioned them and I thought it sounded crazy but at this point, worth a shot. I SWEAR BY THEM. Any day I start to feel the pain I put them on that night when I go to bed and the next day - magically, the pain is gone. The first time I used them about 3 nights in a row. I did not realize there was more than one type (color) and I got the red cayenne which actually are not the ones promoted for lyme - but they worked great anyway. I have now ordered some blue ones which are the ones for lyme. If you are really having that much pain - as I did, I would encourage you to try them. They are cheap compared to some of the herbs. Also, if you order directly from them, after so many orders they will send you free ones. I see Avon is now selling them also but they are more expensive. When I saw Avon had them it made me more convinced they were a valid product - Avon has been in business to long to promote something they haven't tested.
Posts: 32 | From INDIANA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill ATL
Member # 7817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill ATL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the symptom that, for me, convinced me that I had some sort of Lyme issue. When I saw it listed on Dr. B's list of symptoms, I about fell out of my chair.

My issues seem to be neuro/muscular with emphasis on the tendons. I only had it in my left heel (same side as most of my other symptoms). This mysterious plantar "tendonitis" drove me to an LLMD.

I ended up CDC positive along with Babs.

For me, the issue is one of those "come and go" symptoms...I never know what, if anything, sets it off.

--------------------
Bill

**Question everything...it may save your life!!!**

Posts: 80 | From ATLantic Seaboard | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement