LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lab results and fighting workers compensation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lab results and fighting workers compensation
lemonhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello folks,
It has been a while since i have posted. I am fighting Federal Workers Compensation as I contracted Lyme Disease while on the job.

They recently had me go to a third opinion doctor who gave me a 20 minute exam, asked questions for thirty minutes, then had me go to Quest Diagnostics to have a Western Blot test done to determine whether I had Lyme disease.

It came negative as I suspected it would. The test i had taken from IgeneX several years ago showed that i definately had Lyme disease.

Now, workers compensation is denying my claim. I must submit in 20 days evidence or an argument, in writing, to workers compensation if i want to continue receiving compensation.

Basically, the doctor does not know about Lyme Disease, would not look in my records as I could not remember every date, would not show me the 3/4 inch stack of paperwork that comp. gave him to make a decision. He also would not believe that i had an Erythem migrans, even though i told him i did and a fellow employee wrote comp a note saying she saw the bite.

I do have a lawyer although i am not sure how up to date he is on the medical and diagnostic aspects of Lyme disease.

Here is what i need from you. Papers explaining how the bacteria can change from the spiral form to the cyst form and hide in the tissues, info. concerning how tests performed after being on antibiotics can and will change diagnostic results.

Anything else you think that would help.

Basically the doctor said that I have lied, and also that in the big state of Texas, it is very unlikely that I would have caught Lyme disease.

I have a fight on my hands, and i hope and pray that you will help.

Thank you, Lemonhead

Posts: 156 | From Corpus Christi, Texas USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you know about the FDA advisory on lyme testing. It is in the newby links, as are other useful pieces of info. Then there is the two year study by Johns Hopkins on lyme testing. The first sentence in the abstract of the published article says Lyme is a clinical diagnosis.

Also, good stuff at lymeinfo.net

And I have some recollection that the Lyme Times published something on workmens comp cases. You could go to their archives and see what you can find. Might be in one of the more recent special issues, which are not on-line but can be purchased for $10. You could email the editor and ask her specifically what they have published instead of hunting around for a long time on your own.

Good luck.

Are you in touch with any of the support groups in the state? Might be a good idea to check in with them.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm going to send you my 45 pages newbie links, advise, with 20+ pages of info on SSDI, disability insurance experience of mine, connie mc's great info, and DISINISSUES free WEB SITE with info on LTD, WC, SSDI, SSI,

don't believe i've seen federal ltd before.
skim it, and see it you find some things to help you. i know there are links there you ARE WANTING. [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, I know it wont make you feel better, but I am glad I dont have to fight Worker's Compensation.

I know we did rule Lyme Disease compensable one time, but I cant locate the claim. I really would like to look at the file. I'd like to know who treated the poor fellow. Maybe that was before everyone was afraid to treat for Lyme.

Good luck, I wish you the best.

Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement