LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How should I space out med's?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How should I space out med's?
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skimpbiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'm about to start a 2 week abx regimen and wanted to ask your advice on how to space out everything I'm supposed to take. I don't really know what shouldn't be taken together, so if you have any ideas that'd be great. Please keep in mind I'm very sensitive to meds in general, and they have an exaggerated effect on me.

List of daily med's/supplements to take:

Zithromax 500mg
Toprol XL 12.5mg
Tindamax 500mg
Co-q10 100mg
Zithromax 500mg (2nd pill)
Acidophilus
Tindamax 500mg (2nd pill)
Magnesium 125 mg

Any ideas or recommendations on what time I should take each of these in a 16 hour (time awake) day would be greatly appreciated. Typically, I wake up at 9 in the morning and go to bed around midnight or 1am.

Thanks a million,

Marc

Posts: 173 | From Lakeland, FL 33813 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take probiotics an hour before every meal even I'm taking antibiotics. If I can, I space the probiotics two hours away from antibiotics, though my LLMD said an hour was fine.

Minerals need to be taken 2 hours away from antibiotics.

Why only two weeks?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time of day do you take the Toprol Xl?
It looks like you can easily space out your meds every 12 hours with meals, and take the acidophulus in between with the magnesium.
Oh, and yes, why the heck is it only for 2 weeks?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skimpbiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My apologies as I should have specified. I've already been on longterm abx and have made a significant amount of recovery, I'd say 60-70%.

I plateaued, and since the drugs weren't helping me more at the time, my llmd wanted me off them for awhile. He has been trying to increase the amount of time I can be off abx, with the ultimate goal to not have to take them at all.

I went without abx for my longest stint ever, 5 months, and did ok but just recently had a relapse of symptoms. As a result, he prescribed a quick, 2 week burst. The 2 weeks I'm sure can be extended if need be.

I don't know how I could have the abx 12 hours apart when the instructions on the bottle for both the zithromax and tindamax say "take one tablet by mouth twice daily," meaning to take one of each at two different times per day.

So assuming I wake up at 9 am and fall asleep at 1am at night, how would you break up the med's/supplements using the clock? I typically take my toprol xl between 12 noon and 1pm - lunch time.

Zithromax 500mg
Toprol XL 12.5mg
Tindamax 500mg
Co-q10 100mg
Zithromax 500mg (2nd pill)
Acidophilus
Tindamax 500mg (2nd pill)
Magnesium 125 mg

Posts: 173 | From Lakeland, FL 33813 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

bump - help please
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

bump a second time
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

bump, please reply

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement