LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my hip surgery was CANCELED due to fever!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my hip surgery was CANCELED due to fever!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
updated 3-5-07, 251 pm

THEY CANCELED MY SURGERY DUE TO MY FEVER! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!.

to all of you, at this time, i would have been out of surgery! but all weekend i tried callingthe various phono nos. they gave me when i got sick without getting a LIFE person until late sat. night.

so called them 730 am, 1 hr. later got the call back saying NO SURGERY, RESCHEDULED FOR MARCH 26, NOON! i wasn't with the program so then needed to check how long my blood was good for. 1st unit expires 3-30; 2nd one 1 wk. later.'

called my drivers; they called back; they run their son's car wash all week while he's at a convention.

so frankly for any of you who live close to me and NO longer working, i really need your help to get me down there on march 26 for surgery. i've waiting now 7 long weeks.

i'll also pay your gas and food expenses the day! we'd eat at bonanza with their outstanding salad/hot foot buffet.

friends wandered if i could move it up or a few days later, but no booked solid. first time opening was april 2; too late for my blood. so i told them i would take this as is. i'll find a way there.

really ran the high temps last night and kept taking tylenol; fever finally broke 3 am and i woke up to a completely wet bed including all my blankets. so i went to jack's air lift chair to see if i could rest there and hat moistened heating pad on my extreme lower back pain.

couldn't get comfy. felt my airs and my body was just loaded with more moisture and everything was wet again. tried couch; no good at all. very weak today. since i vomited this week, my ribs are so sore i can't deep cough, and that would have been bad for my surgery since i had a collapsed lung and pneumonia after 1 of my surgeries.

yes, god provided another challenge of not doing it today, and we finally had good weather/roads in IOWA after they were all closed for 2 days.

i see many notes in my inbox for you; 30, i'll read as time permits but wanted to send this bulk mailing to get the news out to all of you. thank you for your love and concern for me.
betty gordon, ames, iowa xoxox

i've very weak so posting this here and on my post in medical; won't be doing much else; just need plenty of bed rest! but i wanted to report

this is my farewell for now.

however, i got the flu late friday night and been very sick these last 3 days. i'm to call the surgeon 1st thing monday to talk to him.

HOPEFULLY, he will go thru my hip surgery! otherwise, my blood has to be used in specific amount of time. if they freeze it, they charge me $70 per unit OUT OF POCKET.

so prayers needed SURGEON SAYS YES to noon surgery tomorrow. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

if NO surgery, i'll post promptly on here so you all know the latest on me. so talk to you all later.. for my GO OR NO GO on surgery tomorrow.

[ 05. March 2007, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and know we will be thinking about you!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask if this was caused by lyme?

The reason I'm asking is that I suffered a fall many years ago, and now my left knee is getting progressively worse.

Can lyme cause you to have to have surgery?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.. and if you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

IGNORE MY SIGNATURE!!!

PLEASE DON'T DANCE for a while!

We'll dance with you later!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless and good luck Betty. You do so much for others and work tirelessly for the Lyme cause. We really appreciate everything.

May your surgery go well. Our prayers are certainly with you. We'll be waiting for an update. [group hug] [Smile]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you SERIOUS good energy, BettyG!

A friend had this recently and life is SO much improved!

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I don't know if you will see this or not, but if you do, please consider carefully whether postponing the surgery might be best. You may want to look up surgical outcomes when the patient is ill... They are not optimal, if my memory serves.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back here on lymenet soon, you will be missed while you're recuperating. Take care.
Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with your surgery and remember that we will all be thinking of you! Christi
Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

good luck tommorrow.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our prayers are with you BettyG.
[group hug]

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers go with you, Betty. Trusting that however and whenever it goes, it will all go well for you. Hoping that you will be dancing before you know it!

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good Lucki, we will miss you while you are gone.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty--
I know they'll take wonderful care of you,
you just get well for that surgery and let us know how you're doing!
[kiss]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

May God give the surgeons and medical personal the skills they need to care for you. May God give you swift healing. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyg,

Good luck and God bless. Glad to hear from you.

hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck Betty, I hope you heal quickly.

[group hug]
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susiecv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susiecv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish you well [Smile] -Mother-in-law had both done in her 70s-she's doing great! Hope you will too
Sue

Posts: 249 | From finger lakes, ny | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothergoose650
Member # 8962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mothergoose650     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Betty! [Smile] Keep us posted if you can on your road to recovery! Best wishes,

Kathy,
as always,
[confused]

Posts: 64 | From MA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buggedbylyme
Member # 9556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buggedbylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for a speedy recovery! We'll miss you

but are looking forward to your return!

Posts: 70 | From essex fells, nj | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers will be with you Betty [group hug]

Good luck & hope you have a quick recovery & good outcome [kiss]

Blessings [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and God Bless Betty, let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Huggsss to all... [group hug]

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying everything will goes well for you. There is nothing but love and best wishes for you and your recovery!

Let us know how everything goes, but don't forget to rest well and take care!! [group hug]

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing thoughts to you, Betty...

Will be keeping you in my prayers,
Cactus

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rah! Rah! Siss-boom-bah!

Go ROCKETTE!

All good thoughts and prayers are surrounding you.

Much love and strength,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sstone
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once I registered in lymenet, Bettyg, you send me the newbie pages. I feel so good by this warm welcome. I wish everything will be fine for you.

I will keep you and you recovery in my prayer.

Sarah

Posts: 32 | From MA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

THEY CANCELED MY SURGERY DUE TO MY FEVER! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!.

to all of you, at this time, i would have been out of surgery! but all weekend i tried callingthe various phono nos. they gave me when i got sick without getting a LIFE person until late sat. night.

so called them 730 am, 1 hr. later got the call back saying NO SURGERY, RESCHEDULED FOR MARCH 26, NOON! i wasn't with the program so then needed to check how long my blood was good for. 1st unit expires 3-30; 2nd one 1 wk. later.'

called my drivers; they called back; they run their son's car wash all week while he's at a convention.

so frankly for any of you who live close to me and NO longer working, i really need your help to get me down there on march 26 for surgery. i've waiting now 7 long weeks.

i'll also pay your gas and food expenses the day! we'd eat at bonanza with their outstanding salad/hot foot buffet.

friends wandered if i could move it up or a few days later, but no booked solid. first time opening was april 2; too late for my blood. so i told them i would take this as is. i'll find a way there.

really ran the high temps last night and kept taking tylenol; fever finally broke 3 am and i woke up to a completely wet bed including all my blankets. so i went to jack's air lift chair to see if i could rest there and hat moistened heating pad on my extreme lower back pain.

couldn't get comfy. felt my airs and my body was just loaded with more moisture and everything was wet again. tried couch; no good at all. very weak today. since i vomited this week, my ribs are so sore i can't deep cough, and that would have been bad for my surgery since i had a collapsed lung and pneumonia after 1 of my surgeries.

yes, god provided another challenge of not doing it today, and we finally had good weather/roads in IOWA after they were all closed for 2 days.

i see many notes in my inbox for you; 30, i'll read as time permits but wanted to send this bulk mailing to get the news out to all of you. thank you for your love and concern for me.
betty g, iowa xoxox

i've very weak so posting this here and on my post in medical; won't be doing much else; just need plenty of bed rest! but i wanted to report

[ 07. June 2008, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you ALL for all of your above good wishes, prayers, recuperation, and the list goes on.

someone asked if this was lyme related; i feel NO; it's not. it was bone on bone. dad's knees were both bone on bone too. i strongly feel he had UNDIAGNOSED CHRONIC LYME since age 7 or 9 or 80 years!

i hope someone else with more experience/reading will jump in to answer this question better.

again, thank you ALL for CARING about me! your friendships are very valuable to me in this misunderstood lyme world we share together,
[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty, i hope things start improving for you. maybe the Lord is sending you a message.

just rest and take it easy. i hope you get up and around real soon.

God bless.......

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 7 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Betty,

I hope you are resting and do not see this, but when you do I wanted to tell you I am relieved that you didn't go through with the surgery in your condition.

I know you are disappointed that you have to put it off after waiting so long but the important thing is to get over your flu and it may take a while.

The flu that is going around here is really awful. Most people take about 3 weeks to recover.
So rest, rest and rest. Drink LOTS of fluids. Sweating is GOOD to release toxins....that's the way that the largest organ in our body (the skin) deals with viruses and bacteria.

I posted elsewhere here in response to a question about your surgery. There are so many well-wishers sending you good energy and positive thoughts. Take care, dear friend.

Janet

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No surgery today- what a bummer!
Roads were clear, you didn't even need a Hummer.
Back to bed
Rest your head
You'll still be in good shape by summer!

Carol

wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty G!

Rockettes don't need you for their Easter Extravaganza, however, they hope to hear from you for the Christmas 2007 Pageant.

Rest, sweat and be relieved that you didn't go into surgery with the flu in your system.

Your angels are on alert and making sure all your systems are go before you move on this hip venture!

Sit. Stay. Heal.

Love,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH noo Betty ! I am so sorry to hear this.
Its going to be a long wait for you. [Frown]

It sounds like a nasty case of the flu. Make sure to drink lots of water & replace your electro-lites after having such a bad fever. Lots of chicken soup too.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason -like maybe today the surgeon might have had an off day or maybe someone may have slipped up?

So your still in Gods Safe arms.

Hang in there [group hug]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] Feel better soon.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest up Betty, and thanks for the update.

Everything happens 'zactly how it's 'spose to.

When you DO have it, it will go perfectly!

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO surgery? Well ya know what that means?

ICE CREAM!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care of yourself! Hope you start feeling better soon. Hope March 26 come soon for you, so you can be dancing again! [group hug]
Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

thank you all!

randibear, janet, carol, dana, savebabe, michelle, tincup, amy, etc.

yes, been drinking tons of water and thats all i drink daily except for th2 2 sprite my neighbor brought me and i had saltine crackers with them; sothing on my tummy.

chicken soup, i was just reading the ingredients, and BAD NEWS for my GLUTEN & CASEIN allergies; no wonder i vomited it up as quick as it went down. so don't want to repeat that.

i vomit very vilently; i've bruised ribs and even cracked some in the past.

so i was in NO SHAPE fpr surgery when deep breathing is required so i don't get pneumonia or a collapsed lunch which i've had happen in 1 surgey over the years. not a fun journey.

janet, if sweating is all those toxins, i'm on a roll. did that all last night, went to bed 9 pm tonight and slept till 2 am .... woke up my bed is drenched again! so really uped the house temp and hang my flannel top sheet over itto dry. so that's why i'm here; it's only dry place i've found, and i won't be here long; too weak and exhausted.

cobweb, sweetie pie, your rhymes keep gettng better and better and i count my blessings for being the recipient of so many lately. god bless you for your extra kindness and time.

gang, it's so wonderful having people care about you; we walk in each others shoes lately; each gving when we can, and taking when we can too, like me now.

god blessed us all when he got us all to lymenet to help each other thru some really bad times in our lives. later, [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I'm praying you get your surgery real soon.

My sister had hip surgery and it took her from the wheelchair to dancing at my daughter's wedding! "Not immediately, of course!" :-)

I wish I were in Iowa to drive you to the hospital.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

luvs, you bring tears to my eyes wishing you lived here to drive me to the hospital! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

thanks my dear friend. i copied what i typed earlier for family/friends when this happened, and just left it intake so i had so strength to edit it.

GOOD NEWS! woman neighbor called me back at 630 pm tonight, SHE WILL DRIVE ME THERE/BE WITH ME DURING SURGERY! her husband will run the car wash alone. they had a very serious talk after i told them the latest going on this morning, and i refused to operated on 1 wk. later paying $140 out of pocket to freeze my blood.

so good things work out; joyce told me, we've both been with you from day one and know all the details, where to go, etc. i wasn't going to desert you now! wow! these 2 were my husband's very good friends before we married 32.5 years ago. he was a groomsman. these are 2 special, caring people to have and KEEP as close friends!

bettyg
Unregistered

put another rough night in last night; woke up again soaking wet.

had little appetitite of jello only salad, saltine crackers w/squirt pop which really felt good on tummy, orange, apple,

every step i take has to be forced; so painful, and my butt kills me sitting anywhere for any length of time especially pc wooden chair with 4 pillows to sit/lie against!

starting to have DEEP coughs vs. shallow ones but have to hold my gut or hold a pillow up to those areas.

i hadn't been on here for any length of time, and 20 more folks joined! i thought i'd never get them all sent me newbie links/advise! [Frown]

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee Betty - Murphy's Law, I guess, huh?

Well, to be perfectly honest, if you were going to get the flu anyway, I'm glad you got it now rather than AFTER your surgery. Things really do often happen for a very good reason.

Sounds like you are on the mend and the calvary has arrived to help you later in the month. Good friends are certainly priceless, aren't they?

All the best -

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi betty,

good to hear that they did not operate while you had a cold
but i know you are waiting for the surgery day

will keep prayin for you
Gods's timing is alway right

take care and get those dancing shoes ready

mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

thank you tracy and mags,

yes, it WAS MEANT TO BE; i'm so glad this occurred prior; this has sucked everything out of me, and i have not been this breathless and weak in many years!

yes, these 2 special married couple, neighbors of us, have just become the closest friends to me, and have been hubbyi's long before we married.

it's a friendship i will cherish and return as much as i can in future!

dancing shoes; guess it will have to be my lyme green tennies! [Roll Eyes]

5dana8
Member # 7935

Betty

Maybe you should get a chest x-ray and or a sputum culture-if your cough contined-it sounds bad. Have you tryied a vaporizer?

hope you are feeling better soon

hugs & healing [group hug]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

bettyg
Unregistered

dana, thanks for your concern.

today was the 1st day what little coughing i did, did NOT hurt me where i had to cover stomach area to protect it! major improvement there. just gradual improvements daily.

hubby was spouting off giving me a hard time, and i argued right back .... yes, i'm on the road to recovery!

still light appetite, but great way of taking off 4 lbs. since monday.

dana, when i had my pre-surgery physical AGAIN, blood tests, EKG, i'm requesting a CHEST XRAY to make sure my ribs weren't injured and if they are, what they show for the surgeon's benefit!

good suggestions on sputum testing. i'll have to write these in my surgery booklet or these thoughts go to never, never land. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement