LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme and dentistry: cavitations?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme and dentistry: cavitations?
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Does anyone have any information or experiences of intensive Lyme-related dental procedures?

I think they are called cavitations?

Any other Lyme-related dental experiences?

Any comments or links greatly appreciated!

s_pax [confused]

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a search.

Gigi has posted a lot about that.

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there! [Cool]

yeah, just type in "cavitations" or "teeth", etc and you'll find hours and hours of reading material.

GiGi's member # is 259...others have also added interesting posts.

the decline of my health all began with my wisdom teeth surgery.

several years later, I found out I had osteomyelitis/osteonecrosis (cavitations) and felt it was important to address in order to make progress with the systemic infections. there was no blood flow through my jaw, giving the bugs a nice hiding spot. The Rocephin was much more effective after the surgery.

I'm also dealing with increased decay and an absurd amount of cavities that I didn't have pre-lyme. (and I don't eat much sugar, so that's not the cause) There's definitely a connection with lyme/systemic illness.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past few years, I've experienced what seems to be an unusual number of broken and chipped teeth.

I chalk it up to the infection making my vitamin 1,25D too high, and that leads to excess turnover in bone, and bone weakness.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Hardynaka, Sun Ra, dguy for the comments and tips; I'll take a shot at the search.

[hi]

s_pax

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yashin
Member # 11159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yashin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats's really intersting beacuse when I first got sick I had an episode of decalfication a few days before all of my symptoms started.Iwonder if it was related.
Posts: 33 | From newenglandusa | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debbiet
Member # 10608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debbiet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
santa-

I have had 3 cavitation surgeries. I am still battling osteonecrosis on tooth #8. I did not get a lyme diagnosis until after my 2nd surgery.
The 2nd surgery saved my life. I had lost my drive to breath every time I ate. I had cavitations on teeth 14,13, and 19. I still have more to go.

Debbie

Posts: 54 | From Clovis, California | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four days prior to the illness from hell striking me, I had a molar removed. That tooth had cost me $$$$ trying to save it for 5 years.

Finally after days of constant throbbing I went and told them to remove it now. Didn't know what I know now. I believe there was a serious bacteria (strep) surrounding that tooth and when he removed it the bacteria spread to other areas.

Did he give me abx for a possible bacteria infection? No! I'll never know if this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debbiet
Member # 10608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debbiet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam-

That dentist probably opened up a cavitation site. That happened to a friend of mind. Her throat swelled to the size of a tennis ball.

Deb

Posts: 54 | From Clovis, California | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

This is not exactly what you are talking about, but just wanted to throw in my two cents.

My daughter had never had a cavity until becoming sick with lyme and co-inf. She had a very small one shortly after becoming sick. We attributed it to being so sick and in the bed all the time that her brushing habits had slipped. Maybe there is more to the story...

She also had oral surgery (wisdom teeth removal) 5 months before becoming sick.

Keep on Keeping on!

MommaK

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally have had a bad experience with a biological dentist using a cavitat machine and giving me misinformation.

A cavitat machine can be manipulated by the operator to make it look like you have cavitations even if you do not. Choose your dentist wisely.

Check out how they do the surgery very carefully. Just cutting and scraping the bone down is not a good method. I will try to find the research article I read and post it.

http://www.casewatch.org/civil/cavitat/greer.pdf

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
I personally have had a bad experience with a biological dentist using a cavitat machine and giving me misinformation.

A cavitat machine can be manipulated by the operator to make it look like you have cavitations even if you do not. Choose your dentist wisely.

I do agree with doing your research before jumping into this with just any bio dentist.

Mine was dx'd on panoramic x-ray by an oral surgeon very skilled in reading them (there are few) and although I trusted him, I still got a 2nd opinion.

He wasn't a fan of the cavitat machine either. I don't know if it was due to the reasons above or something else.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Wow! Thank you guys for these comments. Im glad there are a few different viewpoints.

This dental stuff is totally confusing [dizzy]

Debbie, what is involved with the cavitation surgery? Are the teeth removed? Do they have to put in materials to replace bone or tissue they remove?

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Withe the state that we are all in, I would never have this surgery unless the same results came up by 3 different methods of diagnosis. My homepathic doc also uses the cavitation machine. I would see what came up on this and go to 2 other dentists, one a natural and then a good standard oral surgon.

Then I would also make sure that I was the healthyest I counld be before any cutting.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement