LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is Goji juice a scam too?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Goji juice a scam too?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend, Ann, who takes Goji juice. She swears by this stuff. I told her if it tastes like fruit punch, then it probably is.

Because she's so strapped financially (she's also selling some make-up called something collections) I bought some from her. More to help her out than anything.

I admit the brochure is very fancy but I feel I'm out the $20. It was worth it to help her tho.

So there juice type drinks are all basically scams aren't they? I mean have they ever really helped anybody? And if they do, then why are there so many prices for the same thing and they're not sold in stores?

How do these things affect lyme if they're basically sugar?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Goji does have some benefits. I market Xango and I've seen amazing things happen in my own body and in hundreds of others. It's amazing stuff.

As for why there are so many prices, I can speak to why there are many prices for mangosteen.

Xango was the first to bring mangosteen to the market. They spent 7-8 yrs working on the formula. They came out with an amazing product!!

It was so amazing that every Tom, Dick, and Harry decided to put out a copycat product. Some of them were produced in a matter of MONTHS, not years. You get what you pay for!

NONE of the copycats contain the WHOLE FRUIT PUREE, which is VERY important.

As for the sugar content, Xango only contains 2 grams per ounce of natural fructose. Since you only have to drink a few ounces per day, that is NOT much at all.

I think Goji contains a bit more sugar and you probably have to drink more of it to get any result.

Hope this helps!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:

How do these things affect lyme if they're basically sugar?

Missed this question above! I don't know what affect Goji has on Lyme, but mangosteen is a natural ANTI-INFLAMMATORY. 'Nuff said!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that I ate a half bag of goji berries and felt like a swarm of something evil was brewing inside my head. I can't eat any fruit really. Goji was definetly no exception.

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I recall the Goji juice is not something you want to be drinking if you are already on a blood thinner (ie heparin, etc).

My Dad swears by this stuff, but as of yet still has diabetes, heart disease, knee pain, etc.

I've never tried it. Afraid to with the hypocoagulation issues with Lyme.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:

My Dad swears by this stuff, but as of yet still has diabetes, heart disease, knee pain, etc.

Tell him to switch to mangosteen! and get the REAL DEAL!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goji are another berry anti-oxidant.

Why not eat the dried berries rather than the juice? Our local health-food store sells the berries: to me, they first taste sweet but I swear they have a mild sardine-like after-taste!

I sprinkle some on an open peanut butter or almond butter 'sandwich', along with dry blueberries, another super anti-oxidant, and some coconut flakes.

ESG

Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
research these things, there is some good information. they help some people who can take the sugar.
its too much sugar for someone as sick as me. also im all messed up from the years of antibiotics i did.

i agree you should buy the raw berries and soak them and make your own juice, or eat them. any juice you will buy is almost always not raw and is denatured and has less energy.

check out this information about goji. wild oregano is also said to have a very high vibration, perhaps higher than these other things. there are some seaweeds and other thigns as well i do believe which are high vibration/energy and very healing.

http://www.infinitelyblessed.com/NoCancer.html
"Gobi Juice Provides Remarkable
Nutritional Support

Something to drink that tastes good
and fights cancer very well is Gobi
Juice. Over the last few years several
exotic, health promoting fruit juices
from various parts of the world have
proven to deliver remarkable health
benefits. Noni Juice, Xango from the
Mangosteen fruit and Goji Juice have
been the main three. I've looked at
and tried them all, and my personal
opinion is that Goji Juice from
FreeLife is the best of the bunch.

First, on a purely subjective level, for
the little that's worth, I like the way
it tastes, and I noticed after using it
about a month that my eyesight was
improving. I take a lot of nutritional
supplements, just about everything
you are going to read about in this
report, in smaller supplemental
amounts. So I usually don't notice
anything when taking a new
supplement and don't expect to.
However, I was noticing my eyesight
improving and that only thing
different was the Goji Juice. This
impressed me.

When I am checking out different
products, I ask people who know a lot
more about the product than I do how
much someone needs to take for
serious health conditions like cancer.
With Noni Juice, at least from the
company that supplies the vast
majority of the juice sold, the
amounts commonly used that helped
with cancer were 8 or more ounces a
day. I heard there was an ND who
was getting spectacular results in a
few weeks having his patients drink a
bottle a day. That's 25 ounces and
gets a bit pricey. The numbers I heard
from people working with Goji was
that 4 to 8 ounces a day was the
therapeutic range. So Goji came out a
bit on top in that informal survey.

Then I looked at them in terms of how
much you are actually getting. Both
the popular Noni juice and Xango
have a lot of fruit juice added to
them. 40% or so is the amount I heard.
While the Goji Juice was 98% Goji
juice and each batch is analyzed to
confirm purity and usefulness.
Another interesting comparison comes
from energetic readings done on
several of the popular drinks. First,
an explanation of the Bovis Scale.

Thanks to a French researcher in the
1930's by the name of Antoinne
Bovis, we have a means to measure
the "life force" or "natural earth
energy" present in water, plants, rock
formations and the like. Ranging from
zero to infinity, those trained in the
required intuitive methods can assign
a "Bovis" value to whatever they
measure. For example, human beings
show a reading on the Bovis scale of

Scientific research has correlated the
clockwise or right spin of atoms and
molecules with a Bovis reading above
6,500 is essentially energy
invigorating or enhancing to us.
Besides mismanagement of the
environment, readings below 6,500
are the effect of underground streams,
geological faults, and Earth's
magnetic grids. Several of Earth's
energy vortices exceed 2,000,000
Bovis.

FreeLife's "Himalayan Goji Juice"
shows a reading of 355,000 ... the
highest reading that many health
professionals have reported ever
receiving. Some recorded Bovis energy
ratings: Noni Juice 17,000, Sea Silver
24,000, Limu 54,000, Himalayan Goji
Juice 355,000.

The Hertz Energy Scale is named for
the German physicist Heinrich Rudolf
Hertz (1857-1894), who proved in
1887 that energy is transmitted
through a vacuum by electromagnetic
waves. It is another way to measure
the energetic quality of a product.
Some recorded Hertz energy ratings:
Noni Juice 0 - 500, Sea Silver 2,000,
Limu 2,000, Xango 3,000, Himalayan
Goji Juice 6,000. Goji comes out on
top again.

Goji berries are exceptionally nutrient
dense, and their antioxidant and
immune boosting activities have
proven to be valuable for cancer.

Goji berries are the richest source of
carotenoids of all known foods . They
contain 500 times the amount of
vitamin C, by weight, than oranges.
They also contain polysaccharides
which fortify the immune system. A
polysaccharide found in this fruit has
been found to be a powerful
secretagogue (a substance that
stimulates the secretion of
rejuvenative human growth hormone
by the pituitary gland).

Goji berries have been traditionally
regarded as a longevity,
strength-building, and sexual potency
food of the highest order. In several
studies with elderly people where the
berry was given once a day for 3
weeks, in 67% of the patients T cell
transformation functions tripled and
the activity of the patients white cell
interleukin-2 doubled. In addition,
the results showed that in everyone,
spirit and optimism increased
significantly, appetite improved in
95%, 95% slept better, and 35%
partially recovered sexual function."

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Both the popular Noni juice and Xango
have a lot of fruit juice added to
them. 40% or so is the amount I heard.

NOT TRUE for Xango!

www.mangosteenmd.com
www.lovemangosteen.net

TWO grams of fructose per ounce of Xango.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the manufacturer says:

"The ingredients in Xango are:

* Reconstituted garcinia mangostana juice from whole fruit
* apple juice concentrate
* pear juice concentrate
* grape juice concentrate
* pear puree
* blueberry juice concentrate
* raspberry juice concentrate
* strawberry juice concentrate
* cranberry juice concentrate
* cherry juice concentrate,
* citric acid, natural flavor, pectin, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
"

any fruit sugar is really hard on me, and just about everyone i know that is really sick. i would never get better if i hadnt stopped eating all fruit and sugars. i even need to stop eating nuts and stuff.
as it is, i have only been eating raw vegan organic food for two years and that has been one of the most wonderful things i have ever done. it is fixing this situation.
i like goji berries but they are way too sweet for me, and dried fruit/cooked juice is even worse than fresh fruit. since the juices are diluted i would think that making your own juice from berries(or eating them) could be very cost effective as well

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The fruit juices are there so that the taste is good. The rind of the fruit is VERY bitter. And it's the RIND that contains all the benefits.

The added juices constitute only 20% of the drink.

2 grams of fructose

Don't let that hold you back from an incredible product!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOJI Juice is a bunch of hooey. When you order they automatically put you on auto ship. Then to get out of it you have to fax a letter to their office in Greenwich.

I order 4 bottles the first order, figuring I'd give it a 4 months test. (1 bottle is supposed to last a month). Next month another case shows up. When I called that's when I was told you're put on automatic shipment.

Besides, how can a capful of the juice twice a day make any difference?? I can see how the people of the hymalyians could benefit since they drink so much as part of their diet & culture..but IMO don't think capfuls do anything.

By the way, Goji does taste good, but after 8 months (couldn't return the second case easily) Goji didn't do anything.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replies. Whew, I'm glad I didn't buy it through some site or something.

She bought a bottle and sold it to me personally so I'm not out anything except 20 bucks.

Like I said I was just helping her out.

Now if I can just get her to not push this make-up thing......

I think I will try the Xango thing tho. I don't order through the Internet at all so I've got to find a local distributor in or around the Fort Worth area.

Again, thanks.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about Goji, but when we first started with our LLMD, I asked him about all the marketing stuff I'd been pushed for my daughter.

The only thing he said that had any merit was Mangosteen. He also liked colostrum. He sells the colostrum in his office, but has no affiliation with mangosteen.

He warned us that we don't want to take it starting out with antibiotics because it could cause a herx on top of the one my daughter was about to start.

We haven't tried Mangosteen, yet, but I wouldn't rule it out. If you do decide to try it, go through Lymetoo; she wouldn't steer you wrong.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryann B
Member # 11066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryann B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear,

My husband bought me some Goji juice. That was last summer. I saw no improvement.

He paid $100 for 2 bottles. (I think they were 64 oz..can't remember).

When I see a high sugar content, I am very skeptical.

MA

Posts: 9 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by dmc:

Besides, how can a capful of the juice twice a day make any difference??

You don't need much Xango to make a difference. That I know!

[bow] Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kelmo!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

wild oregano oil is said to be one of these high vibratory plants. actually it is said to be the highest vibrating plant in the world. it will only grow on slabs of whte marble in the mediterranean mountains overlooking the sea. it is very picky and cannot be cultivated.
i do believe its vibration is stronger than these other things. as such it is a very potent anti bacterial/fungal/viral etc.
also it has zero sugar to feed pathogens.
it sheds its energy and almost works like a rife machine with hertz frequency.
you can get the pure oil from survival enterprises and mix it with coconut oil which is a wonderful carrier oil. you can save a lot of money this way.
i know of people who have cured debilitating chronic lyme disease with just oil of oregano and silver after being sick for years.
the oregano, silver, and ozone together may have really helped save my life when i was battling with something i got that was way worse than all the years of lyme and mycoplasma.

jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont see very many who say this goji did any good for anyone. I tried mangosteen dried caps took like 1/2 a bottle and didnt feel a thing from it...I think its just a money hole.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by jamescase20:
I tried mangosteen dried caps took like 1/2 a bottle and didnt feel a thing from it...I think its just a money hole.

You're right. Dried up mangosteen in a capsule is worthless.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Thanks LymeToo...someone did "jump"...I was coming back to post that and I did something to make my post "poof"...Hmmpphhh. I am just glad I could help someone out that feels it works for them!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow! I just deleted my reply after I saw you disappeared!! [Big Grin]

I wish [for your sake] you had given it a few months to work for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jamescase20
Unregistered

Lyme two are you saying the conc reconsiituted stuff is better? its boiled down to an extract then water added to make a juice. Seems like drying it out might actually be better. I have never seen ANY mangosteen that was mangosteen, not pasturized not conc, not reconsidiuted.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Xango is NOT reconstituted. I should have caught that error by "break the chains". Xango is a whole fruit PUREE.

It is harvested at the optimal time of harvest [twice a year] and the entire fruit is ground up whole.

The other ingredients are added to it and it's frozen. It is shipped to the US frozen.

Then it is bottled here in 3 manufacturing plants.

It is never dried.

I think maybe "break the chains" copied that info from one of our competitors, because our company would never have stated what he/she stated.

Hope that helps.

Johnnyb....sorry you missed the offer of free Xango from "1bitten2xshy"!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first study has already been published.

Many companies in the nutrition industry promote their products with big claims, but offer little or no scientific support to back them. FreeLife is raising the bar by demonstrating the benefits of GoChi in rigorously controlled human clinical studies worthy of publication in leading medical and scientific journals. This high-level of scientific validation provides people with the assurance that they can count on getting the results that were promised.
Why did FreeLife conduct the initial 14-day GoChi� study?
Since 2003, Himalayan Goji� Juice Customers have reported dramatic 14-day improvements in energy levels, quality of sleep, feelings of calmness and contentment, reduction of stress, and other key health aspects. To investigate this, a study was designed to attempt to validate our Customers' reported results by attempting to replicate them under rigorously controlled clinical conditions. Since GoChi is the next generation of Himalayan Goji Juice, we chose to conduct this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical study on our new product.
What do the terms randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled mean, and why are those things important for a clinical study?
A clinical study is only as valuable as the safeguards that are designed into it to ensure fairness and honesty. The ``gold standard'' of clinical design is randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled. Randomized means that subjects were assigned to two groups based on ``luck of the draw,'' which assured a good distribution of people. Placebo-controlled means that one group got GoChi� and one group got a placebo, meaning a drink that looks, smells, and tastes like GoChi, but without any LBP - the active ingredient in GoChi. Double-blind means that neither the participants nor the scientists knew which group was drinking GoChi and which group was drinking the placebo. This eliminates any bias on the part of the scientists and also rules out any psychologically-caused effects on the part of the participants.
What were the results and significance of the 14-day GoChi� study?
The results were quite dramatic! Nearly 90 percent of the GoChi drinkers in the study experienced multiple improvements in their health and well-being. The study clearly indicated that daily consumption of GoChi can cause immediate and significant improvement in 13 key health aspects, including increased energy, less fatigue, increased focus and mental acuity, improved athletic performance, reduced stress, increased feelings of calmness and contentment, feeling happier, healthier and more regular, better quality of sleep, and easier ability to awaken in the morning. In contrast to the GoChi group, the placebo group showed statistically significant improvement in only 1 of the 13 categories (happiness).

All findings were found to be statistically significant, meaning that the researchers were 90 to 99% confident that the great results experienced in the GoChi group in each of the 13 categories were a direct result of drinking the juice. To the contrary, any small changes experienced by the placebo group were declared to be a result of mere chance.
Do independent scientists agree with the findings of FreeLife's 14-day GoChi� study?
Yes. This groundbreaking study was accepted for publication by the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (JACM), a leading medical journal. As a peer-reviewed publication, JACM requires that studies will not be accepted unless they are approved by an independent panel of expert reviewers. These strict judges ruled that our study design was sound, our methods were consistent with good clinical practice, our data and calculations were accurate and our findings were valid. Publication of the GoChi study in a peer-reviewed journal represents a first for any juice product in the direct selling industry.
Why did FreeLife conduct the 30-day GoChi� antioxidant study?
Many juice products talk about their high antioxidant scores based on a chemical reaction test known as ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity), but that only measures antioxidant potential in a test tube. It can't determine if an antioxidant will actually work in your body, and that's a far more important thing to know. Sadly, many high-ORAC fruit antioxidants are poorly absorbed from the digestive tract, or not at all. That was the conclusion of a landmark 2004 study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Am J Clin Nutr 2004; 79: 727-47).

What your body really needs are more of its own powerful antioxidant enzymes, superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase. These antioxidants circulate in the blood to protect every cell against harmful free radicals, but our production of these essential enzymes diminishes with age, or if we're under stress. We were aware of research that suggested that goji could increase both SOD and glutathione peroxidase, so we decided to put the theory to the test by sponsoring a randomized, double-blind and placebo-controlled study at one of Asia's most prestigious medical centers.
What were the results and significance of the 30-day GoChi� antioxidant study?
After tracking 50 healthy adults for 30 days, we found that the GoChi group had improved their antioxidant status, with highly significant increases of both important blood antioxidants, SOD and glutathione peroxidase. An increase of these two enzymes has other benefits: SOD is essential for maintaining the body's healthy defenses against inflammation, and glutathione peroxidase is important in many of the body's detoxification reactions.

The increase in antioxidant power seen in the GoChi group was also accompanied by a significant reduction of MDA, a particularly toxic and dangerous free radical. And so, the GoChi group had their antioxidant activity increased in two ways, and free radical damage was reduced. Unfortunately for the placebo group, they just didn't receive any meaningful benefit in any of these areas.
Why did FreeLife conduct the 30-day GoChi� immune study?
The ancient healers of Asia observed that people who took goji every day were significantly healthier and more resilient than those who didn't use it. Today, scientists believe that this is because of goji's unique effects on the immune system, and that's been shown in a number of studies. But those studies were done mainly in the laboratory, not in people. We wanted to see if 4,000 years of tradition could be scientifically validated in a human clinical trial, which was conducted at a renowned medical institute in Asia.
What were the results and significance of the 30-day GoChi� immune study?
Our human study followed 60 healthy adult volunteers for 30 days, and at the end, those who had been given GoChi had their immune defenses enhanced in three important ways, as confirmed by significant increases in three key markers of immune health:

Lymphocytes - white blood cells necessary for immune defenses against bacteria, viruses and toxins. Lymphocytes also have a large role in commanding and directing many functions of our highly complex immune systems. The GoChi group experienced a 27% increase over starting point values of these important immune cells. No significant improvements were seen in the placebo group.
Interleukin-2 (IL-2) - an essential cell messenger protein, which sounds the danger alarm when the body's under attack. IL-2 recruits stem cells so that they can be turned into T-cells, which are specifically targeted to neutralize and destroy threats to the body. IL-2 levels were increased 58% over starting point in the GoChi group, with no meaningful improvement in the placebo group.
Immunoglobulin G (IgG) - a powerful antibody, which can identify bacteria, viruses, molds, yeasts and allergens, and then mark them for destruction by other divisions of the immune system. Compared to starting point values, IgG antibody activity increased 19% in the GoChi group, with no significant change in the placebo group.
Also noted in the GoChi group were health and well-being improvements that had been seen in prior studies: significant improvement in sleep quality, reduction of fatigue, and a tendency for increased short-term memory and mental focus. No significant improvements were observed in the placebo group in any category

Not Pasteurized, certified Kosher, and is standardized. Flash steralilzed for 4 seconds.

This has helped me more than anything natural I have tried. This Co. is a MLM...word of mouth or ads...we all pay for advertising one way or another.
Jamescase I PM this to you earlier.

Mary

--------------------
 -
This is only my opinion and/or experience with Lyme Disease. I am not a medical professional.

Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dmc,

No one gets put on autoship unless it is requested. You best check it out.

--------------------
 -
This is only my opinion and/or experience with Lyme Disease. I am not a medical professional.

Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by MaryMi:
No one gets put on autoship unless it is requested.

I don't have any affiliation with Goji, but I'm sure what you said is true of every company.

No one can force you to be on autoship, but if you're using the product regularly, you'll save a lot of time and trouble by being on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was put on autoship automatically. When I called was told that.
Told to fax a letter to their main office in Greenwich, CT to STOP it.

Would cost too much to return so had to bite bullet ...did give couple bottles away for others to try.

Besides, why the hell would I order 4 bottles 2 months in a row for more than 100 bucks?

You obviously have no IDEA what your company's customer "no" service says. (Clark Howard's expression from his radio show "how not to get Ripped Off)

This thread was from over a year ago...bringing it up since you're now a sales rep?

It may help some but placebo does too.

The issue I had was the audacity of autoship.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re:

"The ingredients in Xango are:

* Reconstituted garcinia mangostana juice from whole fruit
* apple juice concentrate
* pear juice concentrate
* grape juice concentrate
* pear puree
* blueberry juice concentrate
* raspberry juice concentrate
* strawberry juice concentrate
* cranberry juice concentrate
* cherry juice concentrate,
* citric acid, natural flavor, pectin, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
"
---

The stuff seems to be "reconstituted" or from concentrate. It's very hard to find fruit juices that aren't reconstituted, from concentrate, or pasturized.

I believe all of these methods reduce the viability of beneficial aspects of the fruit including enzymes, etc.

Studies done in Asia or other countries can just be stuff some company made up. I am particularly suspect if the company with all the studies is the one selling the product. Also, is the study conducted with the actual product or fresh juice from the plant?

I'm sure these products have some value but they are pricey & may not be everything that the company claims they are.

They do make for great cash cows for the producers. You could probably make some of these claims (or equally different ones) for papaya juice or pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, etc. It may just be that these juices are "exotic" to the US so there are claims of all sorts of things about these products because they are not familiar to the American public.

If you have the money - it probably won't hurt. I tried some Noni Juice someone gave me & it didn't do much. Maybe it wasn't a good brand? It did taste like dirty socks, though.

Look what the study of lycopene by Heinz has done for tomato juice... There are probably 10s of thousands of phytonutrients in fruit, veggies, herbs. Many claims can be made for just about any of them.

You do have to proceed with alittle caution if you don't have mega bucks.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS - I just found this... (see below). Doesn't it strike you as being alittle weird that Heinz funded this study.

And they even specify in some articles that the content of the lycopene is enhanced by processing...

Kind of makes you wonder... I think there are all kinds of claims for lycopene now - like it prevents cancer, etc.

Maybe it does but it just strikes me as being a bit odd.

There are also studies to genetically modify the tomato to enhance the lycopene, make it ripen quickly, etc. It seems healthy but it could just be clever marketing of a "franken-food".

-----
http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=3437

Recent Research Suggests Lycopene May Help Fight Osteoporosis; Results of Study Funded by Heinz Revealed at ADA Conference

2002-10-22 - H.J. Heinz Company

PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 21, 2002--Today at the 2002 American Dietetic Association Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition (ADA FNCE) in Philadelphia, researchers from the University of Toronto revealed study results that suggest lycopene may have some preventative effects on osteoporosis. Leticia Rao, Ph.D. and Venket Rao, Ph.D., both of the University of Toronto shared their study results today at a press lunch sponsored by H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ).

Lycopene -- a powerful antioxidant found abundantly in tomatoes and processed tomato products- has been shown to reduce the risk of other diseases such as cervical cancer, breast cancer and heart disease. Its affects on osteoporosis are just now being looked at closely.

Osteoporosis is a fairly common condition in which bone becomes fragile and fractures easily. It is a chronic, silent disease that has no warning symptoms. Over 10 million Americans, 8 million of them women, suffer from osteoporosis and an additional 34 million people have low bone mass placing them at increased risk. But, this recent research may give new hope to those suffering from the disease.

Because epidemiological studies showed that the incidence of osteoporosis is low in countries consuming large quantities of tomatoes and tomato products and that oxidative stress has been shown to be associated with osteoporosis, the Drs. Rao carried out studies on a cellular level to determine the role of lycopene in prevention of osteoporosis. Besides risk factors such as family history, lifestyle, nutrition and low calcium intake, oxidative stress has been linked to the disease. It was this risk that was studied. "Dietary antioxidants, such as lycopene, offer an effective strategy to prevent oxidative damage and therefore may prevent bone loss," Dr. Leticia Rao said.

Dr. Leticia Rao's studies have indicated that lycopene stimulates parameters in cells that are important for bone formation and prevents cells involved in bone resorption from completing their function. Those findings indicate that lycopene may have an important role in the prevention of osteoporosis. "Our research suggests that treatment and prevention through diet such as the consumption of tomatoes and tomato products rich in lycopene may offer a viable alternative to medication," Dr. Leticia Rao said.

Because the cellular research shows some promising results, the research studies will continue. "We are excited about the results we have thus far and are looking forward to finding out more during our clinical research," Dr. Leticia Rao stated. This clinical research has already begun and participants include post-menopausal women who are at high risk of osteoporosis. The study should be complete in about two years.

About Heinz

H. J. Heinz Company is one of the world's leading processors and marketers of high-quality ketchup, condiments, sauces, meals, soups, snacks and infant foods through all retail and foodservice channels. A host of favorite brands, such as Heinz(R) ketchup, Ore-Ida(R) french fries, Boston Market(R) and Smart Ones(R) meals and Plasmon(R) baby food are the growth drivers in Heinz's two strategic global segments: Meal Enhancers and Meals & Snacks. Heinz's 50 companies have number-one or number-two brands in 200 countries, showcased by the Heinz(R) brand, a global consumer icon with $2.5 billion in annual sales. Fourteen additional brands, each with more than $100 million in annual sales, generate a further $2.6 billion. Information on Heinz is available at www.heinz.com.

Available for Interviews: Dr. Leticia Rao, University of Toronto

Dr. Venket Rao, University of Toronto

Dr. David Yeung, General Manager-
Global Nutrition, H.J. Heinz Company
This press release is also available at www.jackhorner.com.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

dmc,

I did not realize this thread was an old one....I did not bring it back up.

It's sad that too many don't want to hear about health improvements from anything other than meds.

Many have taken a different road when the meds no longer seemed to do much....sharing on this board at times seems useless.

I don't have prescription coverage....my juice is a deal compared to a bottle of Biaxin.

I wish you well, regardless of how you get there.

Mary

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sparkle....Xango is NOT reconstituted. It is a whole fruit puree. That is one thing that sets it apart from other mangosteen products.

I wouldn't put down a product you haven't even tried. Seems like a silly idea to me.

dmc.....Your autoship experience really sucks. That does not happen in Xango unless it were a mistake. You are specifically asked when you sign up whether you want to be on autoship.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust exoctic juices and prefer powders, dried fruit or the actual fruit. Many of these super fruits are so exoctic it is difficult to get real fruit. If i drink a juice it usually a combination of cherry / cranberry / or pineapple from different bottle I mix myself.

I think goji is better to purchase as dried fruit and is very inexpensive. If you purchase it dried make sure to thoroughly rinsed to remove any pesticide residue.

You can get goji berries at the health food store for $12 for a 7 oz bag. I purchase a pound from an asian market for 5 dollars a pound. I'm not sure I buy the idea that health food goji berries have greater healing qualities then any other goji berry product.

I eat a small handful of goji berries in the morning. If I eat them any later then that I won't sleep at night. In other words I definitely receive energy from eating the berries and its better then drinking coffee.

Just a side note: I started seeing a physician using ART. I brought the bag in at my first visit (bring all your supplements to be evaluated). I did and when he evaluated the bag he said take no more then 3 berries a day. I was confused, either these berries are enormous powerhouses or they aren't that good. So I thought about and ran into an article that talked about all the pesticide use in China especially in reference to goji berries. I got a brain storm, I'll rinse the berries thoroughly and have them tested again. This time he recommended a handfull. It was enough for me and it has become just another element of my daily diet.

I decided mangosteen powder was better then the juice and far less expensive. The powder is from the periacarp not from fruit. Much of the benefit from mangosteen is in the periacarp where the xanthones are located. Most mangosteen juice is a juice with a little of the periacarp powder thrown in. I get a pound of powder for a little over 30 dollars and lasts me about 3 months. www.royaltropics.com if your interested to research further.

I have thyroid issues and I also purchase a noni powder a pound at a time from the same vendor. I've noticed greater benefit from the noni much more then the mangosteen probably because of my thyroid issues. I'll take a heaping teaspoon of noni powder twice a day, which probably equates to about 5 grams or more. I just put the powder in my mouth and chew it so it mixes with my saliva and swallow (just trying to do what nature intended). It actually tastes pretty good at least to me, mangosteen on the other hand is very bitter and best mixed with a little bit of honey or whatever.

I offered the above as a different take to getting certain nutrients from these super fruits. Especially a more affordable one. However determining real value is extremely hard. I noticed energy increased with goji, I noticed slightly better metabolic performance with noni, mangosteen it may have helped in a number of ways but hard to tell.

It is extemely difficult to determine benefit from any of these products. What is the benefit of eating an apple? But I eat one every day to keep the Ducks away. They products are not quick fixes, I prefer to look at them as dietary choices with long term benefits, real or imagined.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dried up ANYTHING can't be as good as a puree. You get all the enzymes with a puree and it's much fresher that way.

PS... It was "jamescase" who brought this thread up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely agree, puree is much better. In my case its a cost / benefit, it easy to get the dried for affordable price hopefully there is some benefit long term.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re:

"I wouldn't put down a product you haven't even tried. Seems like a silly idea to me."

This is true. I don't mean to sound closed-minded.

It's just that these products have been hyper-marketed as being all around paneceas & they are expensive.

It's easy to come up with all kinds of claims & get studies to back it up if you pay enough money to the researchers.

It just makes me a little suspicious. Everyday, people are looking for ways to make a quick buck. They look for opportunities.

Finding an exotic product & making a bunch of claims just makes me alittle suspicious.

There are thousands of herbs in Chinese medicine or from the Amazon. Someone could take any number of them & create a new product.

I don't know if noni, mangosteen, or goji are any better than tomatoes, blueberries, papaya, or liquorice root...

I guess I'll have to do some research. I'm not against anyone using herbal or plant formulas to get well. I use them myself.

I just don't go for the hype. I met a lady & the first thing she wanted to tell me was that I could buy Noni from her & it would help my health issues.

I just hate that we all become some monetary targets for people selling products before we even say hello... It's almost like a religious fervor.

It just turns me off... even if the potential benefits of the fruit or product may be good.

Many people are like this about Ambrotose or Mannatech products, Juice Plus, or Young Living Oils, etc. Then, if you go ahead & try it - they make you order it so your bank account is automatically charged every month or 3 months or they come up with these weird payment plans.

I just don't go for that.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, the proof is definitely in the pudding. I was able to get off 9 prescription meds by taking Xango. Believe me, or not....doesn't matter to me.

Go to Pub Med and type in "mangostana + xanthones." You'll be amazed at what you find. Then do the same thing by typing in blueberries!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sparkle7
Member # 10397

OK - will do.

I'll get back with you later on this.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I did actually check this. I did find that berries in general were being studied for their medical properties.

Mangosteen had a number of studies but so did other fruits. Grapes & other berries were of interest due to catech, resveratol, quercetin, and anthocyanin and other benefical elements which may improve health.

So, I'm not really convinced that some of these exotic fruits are really all that much better than the "average" ones we have been consuming all along.

Hence, I don't know if they are worth the extra expense.

-----
from my search on Pub Med

Blackberry, black raspberry, blueberry, cranberry, red raspberry, and strawberry extracts inhibit growth and stimulate apoptosis of human cancer cells in vitro.

Seeram NP, Adams LS, Zhang Y, Lee R, Sand D, Scheuller HS, Heber D.
Center for Human Nutrition, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA. [email protected]

Berry fruits are widely consumed in our diet and have attracted much attention due to their potential human health benefits. Berries contain a diverse range of phytochemicals with biological properties such as antioxidant, anticancer, anti-neurodegerative, and anti-inflammatory activities. In the current study, extracts of six popularly consumed berries--blackberry, black raspberry, blueberry, cranberry, red raspberry and strawberry--were evaluated for their phenolic constituents using high performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet (HPLC-UV) and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) detection.

The major classes of berry phenolics were anthocyanins, flavonols, flavanols, ellagitannins, gallotannins, proanthocyanidins, and phenolic acids. The berry extracts were evaluated for their ability to inhibit the growth of human oral (KB, CAL-27), breast (MCF-7), colon (HT-29, HCT116), and prostate (LNCaP) tumor cell lines at concentrations ranging from 25 to 200 micro g/mL.

With increasing concentration of berry extract, increasing inhibition of cell proliferation in all of the cell lines were observed, with different degrees of potency between cell lines.

The berry extracts were also evaluated for their ability to stimulate apoptosis of the COX-2 expressing colon cancer cell line, HT-29.

Black raspberry and strawberry extracts showed the most significant pro-apoptotic effects against this cell line. The data provided by the current study and from other laboratories warrants further investigation into the chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic effects of berries using in vivo models.

---

Berry fruits: compositional elements, biochemical activities, and the impact of their intake on human health, performance, and disease.

Seeram NP.
Center for Human Nutrition, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA. [email protected]

An overwhelming body of research has now firmly established that the dietary intake of berry fruits has a positive and profound impact on human health, performance, and disease.

Berry fruits, which are commercially cultivated and commonly consumed in fresh and processed forms in North America, include blackberry ( Rubus spp.), black raspberry ( Rubus occidentalis), blueberry ( Vaccinium corymbosum), cranberry (i.e., the American cranberry, Vaccinium macrocarpon, distinct from the European cranberry, V. oxycoccus), red raspberry ( Rubus idaeus) and strawberry ( Fragaria x ananassa).

Other berry fruits, which are lesser known but consumed in the traditional diets of North American tribal communities, include chokecherry ( Prunus virginiana), highbush cranberry ( Viburnum trilobum), serviceberry ( Amelanchier alnifolia), and silver buffaloberry ( Shepherdia argentea). In addition, berry fruits such as arctic bramble ( Rubus articus), bilberries ( Vaccinuim myrtillus; also known as bog whortleberries), black currant ( Ribes nigrum), boysenberries ( Rubus spp.), cloudberries ( Rubus chamaemorus), crowberries ( Empetrum nigrum, E. hermaphroditum), elderberries ( Sambucus spp.), gooseberry ( Ribes uva-crispa), lingonberries ( Vaccinium vitis-idaea), loganberry ( Rubus loganobaccus), marionberries ( Rubus spp.), Rowan berries ( Sorbus spp.), and sea buckthorn ( Hippophae rhamnoides), are also popularly consumed in other parts of the world.

Recently, there has also been a surge in the consumption of exotic "berry-type" fruits such as the pomegranate ( Punica granatum), goji berries ( Lycium barbarum; also known as wolfberry), mangosteen ( Garcinia mangostana), the Brazilian a�a� berry ( Euterpe oleraceae), and the Chilean maqui berry ( Aristotelia chilensis).

Given the wide consumption of berry fruits and their potential impact on human health and disease, conferences and symposia that target the latest scientific research (and, of equal importance, the dissemination of this information to the general public), on the chemistry and biological and physiological functions of these "superfoods" are necessary.

-----

PS - Lymetoo - were you taking "only" mangosteen? Did you take any other supplements or remedies?

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the sugar, I cant have sugar either. I get burning in my feet and other odd symptoms.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by catalysT:
[QB] I know that I ate a half bag of goji berries and felt like a swarm of something evil was brewing inside my head. I can't eat any fruit really. Goji was definetly no exception. [QUOTE]

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I also take B-complex, CoQ10, calcium, mag, MSM... stuff like that.

===========

from Pub Med:

Anti-inflammatory activity of mangostins from Garcinia mangostana.Chen LG, Yang LL, Wang CC.
Graduate Institute of Biomedical and Biopharmaceutical Sciences, College of Life Sciences, National Chiayi University, 300 University Road, Chiayi 600, Taiwan, ROC.

The fruit hull of Garcinia mangostana Linn (Guttiferae) is used as an anti-inflammatory drug in Southeast Asia. Two xanthones, alpha- and gamma-mangostins, were isolated from the fruit hull of G. mangostana, and both significantly inhibited nitric oxide (NO) and PGE(2) production from lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. The IC(50) values for the inhibition of NO production by alpha- and gamma-mangostins were 12.4 and 10.1 microM, respectively. After iNOS enzyme activity was stimulated by LPS for 12 h, treatment with either alpha- or gamma-mangostin at 5 microg/ml (12.2 and 12.6 microM, respectively) for 24 h did not significantly inhibit NO production. The data show that the inhibitory activities of alpha- and gamma-mangostins are not due to direct inhibition of iNOS enzyme activity. On the other hand, expression of iNOS was inhibited by alpha- and gamma-mangostins in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells, but not by COX-2. However, the level of PGE(2) production was reduced by the two xanthones. In an in vivo study, alpha-mangostin significantly inhibited mice carrageenan-induced paw edema. In conclusion, alpha- and gamma-mangostins from G. mangostana are bioactive substances with anti-inflammatory effects.

PMID: 18029076 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

++++++++++++++++++++

Inhibitory effect of xanthones isolated from the pericarp of Garcinia mangostana L. on rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cell degranulation.Itoh T, Ohguchi K, Iinuma M, Nozawa Y, Akao Y.
Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Bio-active Substances Research, 1-1 Naka-Fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504-0838, Japan.

Mangostin, Garcinia mangostana L. is used as a traditional medicine in southeast Asia for inflammatory and septic ailments. Hitherto we indicated the anticancer activity induced by xanthones such as alpha-, beta-, and gamma-mangostin which were major constituents of the pericarp of mangosteen fruits. In this study, we examined the effect of xanthones on cell degranulation in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells. Antigen (Ag)-mediated stimulation of high affinity IgE receptor (FcepsilonRI) activates intracellular signal transductions resulting in the release of biologically active mediators such as histamine. The release of histamine and other inflammatory mediators from mast cell or basophils is the primary event in several allergic responses. These xanthones suppressed the release of histamine from IgE-sensitized RBL-2H3 cells. In order to reveal the inhibitory mechanism of degranulation by xanthones, we examined the activation of intracellular signaling molecules such as Lyn, Syk, and PLCgammas. All the xanthones tested significantly suppressed the signaling involving Syk and PLCgammas. In Ag-mediated activation of FcepsilonRI on mast cells, three major subfamilies of mitogen-activated protein kinases were activated. The xanthones decreased the level of phospho-ERKs. Furthermore, the levels of phospho-ERKs were observed to be regulated by Syk/LAT/Ras/ERK pathway rather than PKC/Raf/ERK pathway, suggesting that the inhibitory mechanism of xanthones was mainly due to suppression of the Syk/PLCgammas/PKC pathway. Although intracellular free Ca(2+) concentration ([Ca(2+)](i)) was elevated by FcepsilonRI activation, it was found that alpha- or gamma-mangostin treatment was reduced the [Ca(2+)](i) elevation by suppressed Ca(2+) influx.

PMID: 18328716 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
++++++++++++++++

gamma-Mangostin inhibits inhibitor-kappaB kinase activity and decreases lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression in C6 rat glioma cells.Nakatani K, Yamakuni T, Kondo N, Arakawa T, Oosawa K, Shimura S, Inoue H, Ohizumi Y.
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8578, Japan.

We investigated the effect of gamma-mangostin purified from the fruit hull of the medicinal plant Garcinia mangostana on spontaneous prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) genase release and inducible cyclooxy-2 (COX-2) gene expression in C6 rat glioma cells. An 18-h treatment with gamma-mangostin potently inhibited spontaneous PGE(2) release in a concentration-dependent manner with the IC(50) value of approximately 2 microM, without affecting the cell viability even at 30 microM. By immunoblotting and reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction, we showed that gamma-mangostin concentration-dependently inhibited lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced expression of COX-2 protein and its mRNA, but not those of constitutive COX-1 cyclooxygenase. Because LPS is known to stimulate inhibitor kappaB (IkappaB) kinase (IKK)-mediated phosphorylation of IkappaB followed by its degradation, which in turn induces nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB nuclear translocation leading to transcriptional activation of COX-2 gene, the effect of gamma-mangostin on the IKK/IkappaB cascade controlling the NF-kappaB activation was examined. An in vitro IKK assay using IKK protein immunoprecipitated from C6 cell extract showed that this compound inhibited IKK activity in a concentration-dependent manner, with the IC(50) value of approximately 10 microM. Consistently gamma-mangostin was also observed to decrease the LPS-induced IkappaB degradation and phosphorylation in a concentration-dependent manner, as assayed by immunoblotting. Furthermore, luciferase reporter assays showed that gamma-mangostin reduced the LPS-inducible activation of NF-kappaB-and human COX-2 gene promoter region-dependent transcription. gamma-Mangostin also inhibited rat carrageenan-induced paw edema. These results suggest that gamma-mangostin directly inhibits IKK activity and thereby prevents COX-2 gene transcription, an NF-kappaB target gene, probably to decrease the inflammatory agent-stimulated PGE(2) production in vivo, and is a new useful lead compound for anti-inflammatory drug development.

PMID: 15322259 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement