LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Heat attacks at night-dont sweat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heat attacks at night-dont sweat
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes in the middle of the night i wake up soo hot. Like i have a fever. I checked my temp last night while this came over me and it was 95.5 under the arm! LOL I know you always add 1 point to temps taken under the arm but i couldnt believe it was low.

My temp is always low but i was boiling up so bad. I felt a lil naseaus too like i could vomit. It lasted a few hours. I dont sweat ever but if i was normal in that way im sure i would have been sweating alot.
normal thyroid tests....im sure this is bad 4 detox purposes)

Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though you felt hot, your body wasn't hot, so there was no need for it to sweat. That would be my guess.

Google Dr. Broda Barnes. He pioneered research on temperature as being a better indicator of low thyroid than the blood tests.

Do you use salt? I did the salt/C treatment while I was waiting for my LLMD appt. and my basal temps went up a whole degree! And they've stayed up even after I went off it and started the antibiotic regimen.

I have also heard that salt/c is used for adrenals. I know low salt diets can contribute to low thyroid.

Just some food for thought ... I don't have any conclusions or recommendations ...

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you. my skin even feels prickly and hot, as if I'm about to break a sweat, but I don't. And like you, I feel very feverish but my temp will be low. I've even been taking thyroid meds and while it does help raise my afternoon temp, i still get these episodes at night.

babesia maybe? I dunno...

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lyme thing according to my LLND. I've had this problem for ages and I don't sweat either. Like you, I'm sure if I did sweat, I'd be drenched. I feel like I'm going to burn up or spontaneously combust. It's horrible and makes it difficult to sleep.

The only thing I've found that really helps is bromelain. I'm not a doctor and I'm guessing but I think it has something to do with thick blood or possibly fibrin buildup since bromelain does seem to help.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your replies. Its not an easy problem to have especially with spring/summer coming. I even get these heat flashes in winter!

I tried Armour (1 pill only)..it increased my anxiety so llmd said not to bother then.
Terry...YES thats exactly what i was thinking last night during this awful feeling....how maybe this is how people internally combust! LOL From overheating without being able to sweat it out. (I let my mind get the best of me but i feel that hot)

i will be taking Artemisinin soon for possible babs and for lyme. I THOUGH i read this also contributing to thinning the blood. Not sure...but i feel my blood volume and thickness may have something to do with this. When i was pregnant i felt better and obviously had a higher blood volume.

I didnt test pos for babs but it is suspected. I HOPE treatment helps this problem as it makes me dread sunshine or any warmth at all.

Thanks again everyone!

Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by panicbegone:
When i was pregnant i felt better and obviously had a higher blood volume.

hmmm...I just started progesterone for endometriosis and I haven't had the hot flashes at night (it's only been a few days though). and I know progesterone is higher during pregnancy so maybe this symptom could be partially hormonally related?? although I thought progesterone raises your body temp, so I don't know...

lyme, babs, hormones, autonomic dysfuntion, etc...could be any/all

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtnwoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtnwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like hot flashes: an unbelievable flush of heat arises from your core, making you want to rip off your clothing?

I hadn't had a hot flash since I went on estrogen ten years ago, UNTIL that is, I started Mepron 6 weeks ago.

Now I have 6-8 hot flashed night and day, despite being on hormones!

Posts: 211 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It sounds like hot flashes:
I don't believe mine are hot flashes and I don't believe they are related to progesterone. I started having them in my early thirties (when I took my final crash) and I am still having them (rarely though as long as I stay on the bromelain) and I am 52. I did stop having periods most of the time when I got really sick - in my early thirties but according to tests, I was not in menopause.

My LLND stated that she sees these symptoms in lyme patients, including the accompanying low temp.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

yeah i'm only 25 so it's definitely not menopause, but hormones get messed up from the systemic infections.

mtnwoman - I got them so severely on mepron, it was out of control...so maybe it is the babesia.

I get them during the day too, but not usually in my house since i keep the heat so low (people hate visiting) - but that doesnt stop them at night (the "hot flashes" that is, not people visiting lol)

i take bromelain, but it hasnt affected this for me.

again, i think it could be a number of things, we're all so different.

bottomline is it sucks! [Mad]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get hot flashes once in a while, but mostly I get drenching night sweats. My LLMD told me it was definately the babs, not premenopause ... I'm 43 with no symptoms of premenopause at all.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

Low body temp and Drenching night sweats
are perty good indacations of Babs--

Check your temp many times a day
and night-- for a week or so--

Look at these numbers and get your
average temp--

With Babs your temp can change Quickly-
hours --many degrees--

I have had as low a 93 but Most folks
seem to be 95-96 range most of the time--

yesterday my temp was 95 and 97
today it is 100 and I am herxing alittle--

I have a instant scientific thuromomoniter
so it is real easy for me to check temp--

It can change Quickly--Minutes--
I was surprised how fast--

Most of the time my actuial body temp
has Not Much to do with how I feel--
cold - chills or burning up--

I have felt Good and Bad at both temp extreams--
Go Figure--

When I had the night sweats
it could be 95 or 55 in my room and
it made Zero differance on how much
I sweated --

Sweat poured off me--
Pillows soaked- shirt almost dripping--
perty much every night --

I had been sick many years tho --

My symptoms have changed before
treatment and are deffinatly changing
threw treatment--

I could sure see some one Not sweating
but be burning up--
Babs is a real wacky disease and it
can sure make you feel alot of diffrent
ways-- Quickly-

Over All for me I Mostly felt cold
when sweating with short periods
of feeling Hot -- 20 min to maybe
a hour or so feeling hot--

No Fun--

Hope this helps--Jay--

--

[ 06. March 2007, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: groovy2 ]

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that interresting. I am thinking that why my LLMD keep asking me if my temp is always low. I am 95-96 avg. Interresting!
Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1,000 units of vitamin D daily has raised my temperature from 96.5 to 98.

However, just recently, it dropped all the way to 93.1 during a gallbladder attack, which involves chills and nausea, only at night.

If I were you, I would keep track and see if what I ate for dinner correlated with the severity of these night problems. If it was high fat, esp. eggs, I'd be looking into gallbladder, since Lyme does seem to attack it a lot.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement