LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Let's go back to ozone saunas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's go back to ozone saunas
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. BREATHING ozone is really dangerous!!!

But the ozone saunas, with one's head sticking out and a towel around the neck to prevent breathing ozone, have been reported (here) to help.

WHY?

* Ozone removes metals (iron, manganese, zinc, copper, etc.)

* Oxidized organics also precipitate

* Filtration and clarification are enhanced by precipitation

Sanitation/Disinfection

* Ozone is THE most powerful disinfectant available

* Rapidly kills bacteria and viruses

http://www.vistekcorp.com/ozone.php

Another advantage is the ability of ozone to destroy zinc, copper and nickel cyanide complexes (ref. 243).

http://www.nmfrc.org/bluebook/sec623.htm

Oxidation

Inorganics-

Oxidation of inorganics with ozone will not result in the removal of metals, but it does facilitate their precipitation and subsequent removal through filtration.

Iron and manganese are easily and readily oxidized into a particulate for filtration downstream.

Sulfides are rapidly oxidized to sulfates, thus eliminating the ``rotten egg'' taste and odor associated with sulfides.

Heavy metals such as arsenic, copper, and lead are easily reduced to below detection limits with ozonation followed by filtration.

Trace metal removal of cadmium and zinc through oxidation with ozone and subsequent filtration has been found to be effective in reaching MCL levels established by the USEPA in the SDWA.

Nitrite ion is oxidized very quickly to nitrate as are organic nitriles, nitrites, nitrous compounds, hydroxylamines and the like.

http://www.puretechgroup.com/page/page/3522225.htm

Unfortunately the treatments are costly and I would never in a million years try to build my own unit. Playing with oxygen (requires Rx anyway) and electricity can be very dangerous.

Still...this looks to be an alternative route that helps.

I believe there ARE multiple paths to rid Bb and this very well maybe one.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drinking ozonated water is very helpful and very easy.
Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you drink ozonated water? How is it easy? Do you mean easy to make your own?

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is a post i put up on lymenet recently about o3 h20.
i also do saunas and other things with my ozone generator and oxygen concentrator, but the water is by far the easiest. i do it every day, and it is quite helpful.
i just made a silicone bubbler too out of some tube and it works great. i was using ozone stone bubblers but they were falling apart over time.

-------------------------------------
notes on ozone from bob becks book:

before adding ozone water to the beck protocol, some people were having massive detox and

die off, and felt very uncomfortible.
ozone therapy alleveiates this.

air is pumped through a bubbling stone into chilled water.
depending on strength of equipment the water is saturated in a few minutes and must be drunk

immediately.
(ozone will start to come out right away, it lasts 20-30 min max)
(i give my half gallon 25-30 min. of bubbling)

ultra violet o3 - cheaper but not as effective.

o3 as stand alone is contravesial, but mixed with the blood electrification there is a major

boost to oxygenation of body and rapid detoxification.

measurements show dramatic increase in oxygen in the body within minutes.

o3 unlike other oxygen has a negative charge that specifically counteracts free radical

damage, ``scavange crosslinking'', and recharge depleted cells.
ionic silver assist by restoring free electrons.

o3 rapidly converts(oxidizes) all known toxins and wastes long present int he body to H2O

and CO2 which flushes out quickly without help from colonics, lymp, spleen, liver, kidney,

or other detox.

you cannot use corona discharge for insufflation or anything like that because of nitric

oxides and acids. pure o2 as an input will not give this problem.

medical and welding o2 are the same, but industrial is cheaper.

the colder(much higher saturation) and purer your water(nothing to clean and oxidize), the

deeper the container(more pressure), and a smaller volume of water, the more ozone you will

get in the water.

ideally you want a ``2.5 ft high and 2.5 inch wide container.
(i use a fairly up and down container, but not like this. you want to use glass or pyrex)

how to use:

submerge airstone to bottom and bubble 10oz container of half ice plus 1/2 cold water.

bubble for 2-5 minutes. drink right away. works rapidly, and much better than store bought

oxygen or ozone water.
o3 cannot be stored.

never breathe ozone or ozonated air as it damamges (oxidizes) lung tissue, even in small

quantities.

(really i think its probably partially the junk in the lunks being oxidized)

bob also says that you should drink as much ozonated water as you can confortibly ingest,

but i would think that you should add minerals to yourself if you are drinking a whole lot.

you dont want to leech minerals.

thats what bob beck has.
what i do is chill the water, by putting it outside or in the fridge. i do not use ice, but

i try to get it cold. im drinking a gallon of ozonated water right now in half gallons. i do this every

morning when i get up.
right now i have my gear set up in the bathroom, with the extract fan. you dont want to be breathing ozone. in the summer i set it all up in the garage.

i would start by NOT chilling the water, or using a stone. this will give you less

ozone to start with. i have done this myself when ive been off the ozone, and im getting

back on. its possible to be real toxic, and feel sick from the detox if you hit it too

hard too fast. so i would recommend just starting out with what youve got: tube, no stone,

no chilling. you can probably make a cool bubbler out of the end of your tube if its soft

silicone like mine. i think you can cut it so there is a little peice you turn around and

jam in the bottom hole. and then make needle poke holes all in the tube so it bubbles out of

the holes and the bottom a little.

this stuff really helps! its helping me a lot lately.

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medical and Welding oxygen are NOT the same. Medical O2 is pure oxygen, Welding O2 contains contaminants. You dont need a prescription for welding O2, but you need a prescription for Medical O2. And in hospitals full strength medical O2 is never given- you will die.
Posts: 116 | From Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozone is O3...trivalent. NOT O2.

"Dalton's Law says that we can increase the inspired concentration of oxygen if we deliver air or 100% oxygen under increased surrounding pressure"

http://www.vet.utk.edu/vhms/pdf/Physiology_of_Hyperbaric_Oxygen.pdf.

Website explains hyperbaric oxygen systems...how they work.

I have lots of ozone files, if anyone interested.

The two reactions are
OH + O3 --> HO2 + O2
HO2 + O --> OH + O2
----------------------
Net: O3 + O --> 2O2

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie.........So.....if you could do one. Would you do far infrared sauna or ozone sauna??

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie, yes you are correct about o2 and o3. But in some ozone setups, you do need to use medical oxygen to help generate the mixture. There are machines that dont use oxygen. I use the longevity ozone generator + medical oxygen in he sauna and drinking water. If you want to argue uses of O2 in the ozone process speak to Longevity.
Posts: 116 | From Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

From a COST standpoint, I'd purchase (and I have) a far infrared sauna. I supplement the minerals after I use my sauna.

However, I would try an occasional ozone sauna and I would Rife too, using ONLY a state-of-the-art Rife unit that sends the frequencies thru an argon light. From what I have learned, this unit appears to be the most powerful (as well as the most expensive).

I am fortunate in that Florida embraces "alternative" therapies and they are available down here. One still has to be careful though not to get ripped off by some!

I also know a doctor in Florida who understands and uses a "Meyer's cocktail" (IV Mg with B vitamins). He is very aware that MOST Americans are ALREADY Mg deficient (due to our diets and lack of exercise).

I would also take very specific nutrients, and "clean up my act"...take walks, swim, eat and drink ONLY healthy things, pray, laugh more, etc.

It takes an all out approach.

This is one mean pathogen!

But..the bottom line is...you CAN get well. It does NOT happen overnight, but takes many months. You must have a very strong belief and commitment to FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE.

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

the idsa doesnt want you to have it
so its gotta be good!
ozone kills every pathogen under the sun

IDSA GUIDLINES:
``Because of a lack of biologic plausibility, lack of efficacy, absence of supporting data, or the potential for harm to
the patient, the following are not recommended for treatment of patients with any manifestation of Lyme disease:
first-generation cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, carbapenems, vancomycin, metronidazole, tinidazole, amantadine,
ketolides, isoniazid, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, fluconazole, benzathine penicillin G, combinations of
antimicrobials, pulsed-dosing (i.e., dosing on some days but not others), long-term antibiotic therapy, anti-Bartonella
therapies, hyperbaric oxygen, ozone, fever therapy, intravenous immunoglobulin, cholestyramine, intravenous
hydrogen peroxide, specific nutritional supplements, and others (see table 4) (E-III)."

Marnie
Member # 773

Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003 Sep;84(9):E34-E35. Related Articles, Links

Return of muscle strength and function after use of intravenous immunoglobulin for Lyme disease-associated acute demyelinating polyneuropathy.

Patient: A 58-year-old man with babesiosis and Lyme disease.

At follow-up 8 weeks later, muscle strength had fully returned.

Discussion: This case illustrates that Lyme disease-associated demyelinating polyneuropathy may be treated with IVIG.

The potential use of IVIG in this population is based on its efficacy in those with acute demyelinating neuropathy of alternative etiologies.

Conclusion: IVIG can be considered as a treatment option for demyelinating polyneuropathy associated with Lyme disease.

PMID: 13680780

The above link no longer works which is very puzzling since it was a ``cut and paste'' on my part.

If whoever is reading this has access to a hard copy of this journal, I urge that person to find it and copy it. The Sept. 2003 issue of that journal may be found in hospital or medical school libraries.

Immunoglobulins are very expensive (I believe they have to be obtained from MANY donated units of blood) and are ``reserved'' for very serious life threatening situations such as flesh eating staph infections which kill in a matter of hours.

But I still believe in Freedom of Information.

(Immunoglobulin A (IgA) (human) Alkaline Phosphatase)

Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozone sauna may not be for everyone.

I built one approx. 2 years ago. After about 8-10 sessions I developed a contact allergy to ozone - yes, that's possible!

I got a horribly itching full body rash (except my head which was outside the sauna). It lasted several days and from then on I got it everytime I tried the ozone sauna again.

What I also didn't like: it's next to impossible to seal the opening for your head hermetically. There is always some ozone leaking out, and even with a strong ventilator you can smell it. Therefore, I had to use a protection mask. Looked very funny but it was hard to breath through it.

I would only recommend it when you can do it outdoors.

For all these reasons I bought a FIR-sauna and I never regretted it.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

i dont know if this is what you got but
in groups where people are doing ozone sauna, a serious detox rash is fairly common. what they were doing was pushing through it with great results. i figured i might get it, but never did. i did get the detox rashes and bumps with salt and vitamin c however. this is also a common occurance.

yea its nearly impossible to seal the top, so what i do, and it works, is put a big towel around my neck and put a fan in the window directly on my face. these two together work well, otherwise ozone rises up and its no fun breathing it.

oxygen is very fundamental and elemental. divine stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielle:
Ozone sauna may not be for everyone.

I built one approx. 2 years ago. After about 8-10 sessions I developed a contact allergy to ozone - yes, that's possible!

I got a horribly itching full body rash (except my head which was outside the sauna). It lasted several days and from then on I got it everytime I tried the ozone sauna again.

What I also didn't like: it's next to impossible to seal the opening for your head hermetically. There is always some ozone leaking out, and even with a strong ventilator you can smell it. Therefore, I had to use a protection mask. Looked very funny but it was hard to breath through it.

I would only recommend it when you can do it outdoors.

For all these reasons I bought a FIR-sauna and I never regretted it.

Gabrielle

Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by break the chains:
i dont know if this is what you got but
in groups where people are doing ozone sauna, a serious detox rash is fairly common. what they were doing was pushing through it with great results.
yea its nearly impossible to seal the top, so what i do, and it works, is put a big towel around my neck and put a fan in the window directly on my face. these two together work well, otherwise ozone rises up and its no fun breathing it.

Maybe it was a detox rash... I read it can takes months to stop. There is no way that I could have supported this so long [shake] it was really horrible.

And I had the towel around my neck - it stank of ozone anyway.

I admit this treatment scared me.

But I really should try the ozone water. Would be a pity not to use the generator anymore. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

i had a friend who had the same problem because she was not using a fan. she was using a breathing mask also. im not sure they would stop ozone. it seems like the partice size would be very small. i mean oxygen has to be getting through. i know if im breathing ozone that im doing something wrong, i never breathe any.

i use a nice big towel and a window box fan. i think you have to do something like this.

Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

My ND told me the rashes, esp the bad ones occur because of the contaminants in industrial oxygen, and plastic accessories. Also depends on the ozonator unit, said some of the units float up in concentration and dont know you are getting too much. On the unit, there are additional guages so can see if the concentration is steady. She used a glass funnel in the sauna. All of my ozonated water is done in heavy duty glass jugs with ice at the bottom and sea salt. I was told the sea salt helps to hold and spread the oxygen down deeper in the dig tract as I drink it. My ND wont let me do the ozone sauna with out a mechanical lympahtic drainage session right before and after the sauna. It does make a difference. I have my own small unit now for making water, etc.
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

quote:
Originally posted by break the chains:
i had a friend who had the same problem because she was not using a fan. she was using a breathing mask also. im not sure they would stop ozone. it seems like the partice size would be very small. i mean oxygen has to be getting through. i know if im breathing ozone that im doing something wrong, i never breathe any.

i use a nice big towel and a window box fan. i think you have to do something like this.

I had a breathing mask suitable for ozone. And I had a thick huge towel and I used a huge fan in front of the open window.

Another thing I forgot to mention was the fact that the portable steam sauna that I used was done from PVC inside. I had it examined in the lab of our company and for sure it contained plasticizers which are NOT healthy. Working in a company that produces stabilizers for PVC I know enough to avoid them.

The sauna took the smell of the ozone very fast and still today it smells of it. So, I guess a chemical reaction took place and I have no way to say if and how dangerous the vapour was that was produced there.

So what Sue says could be true also. Maybe I would try it again in a professional sauna made from glas. But I don't have any confidence anymore in my do-it-yourself setup. I'm suspicious that I was doing more damage than good.

Gabrielle

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

your right about the cheap sauna, it could well be giving off something. it could be a toxic or allergic reaction or both. if you dont have good feelings about it then yea, i wouldnt do it ...
ive got a cheap sauna and ive never had any problems with it breaking down after a lot of use or anything corroding. i was worried about it for a little while and was looking at getting the full fiberglass set up or something else. my sauna now works really well though and has held up great so i decided to hold on to it. there are even cheaper saunas you can get now that are made for ozone use. this industry is growing as it is becoming more popular. ive even got tyvek suits that are ozone safe you can pipe the ozone into in the sauna. ive done it, and it worked okay, im still working on that.
it was the fiberglass saunas the people were getting detox rashes in, so that was clear. but as sensitive as that sounds it could very well be an allergy or something.

ozone water is great though, ive got some right here. [Smile]

lhm312
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for Marnie, pretty please....are the Florida doctors you are referring to anywhere in proximity to SW Fla? I have been hunting for over two years and have yet to hit the jackpot.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement