LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Oval shape rash in bend of elbow..anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oval shape rash in bend of elbow..anyone?
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter started with an oval shape expanding rash in the bend of one elbow several months ago that disappears on its own, then reappears when symptoms intensify. For the past two months, it has shown up on other elbow as well. Each time, it seems to grow. The dermatologist says it is probably excema. The gynecologist who happened to see it believes that it is hormonal. The llmd's say it is "lyme-related" but give no more specifics.

Have any of you had such a rash? I am getting concerned that it is worsening over time and would like to at least know what we are dealing with. Thanks.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my 3 year old has that. also in the bend of his knees. His doc says ezema too. ( i have not tested him for lyme yet) I initially thought it was yeast related. Hard to say...i dont have them at all and i am very sick.

Use a lil hydrocortisone if its just a few spots.
Good luck

Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymeout,

My daughter and I had small, red, solid round rashes the first day...3 inches across, but they gradually enlarged to an oval.

My rash expanded to a 7 by 4 inch oval. My daughter's rash was about a 2 by 3 inch oval. Both rashes were very low on our belly's...below our waistband.

My daughter had a target looking spot with red in the middle, a whiter-looking center, and a darker red ring around the outside. My rash was solid red...dark red in the middle, and light pink like a sunburn on the outside.

Both rashes were red and expanded. This only happened when we were first infected.

My daughter broke out with a rash recently that looked just like ringworm in addition to some hive-like lesions. The ringworm-looking rashes didn't expand. They didn't go away with the ringworm treatment, so I think it's more than likely related to Lyme, the coinfections, or a drug sensitivity.

Our local MD (not Lyme literate, but a good physician) broke a wide tongue depressor in half, then firmly scraped her arm it ...the mark turned white on the edges and dark pink/light red in the center of the scrape mark. He didn't scrape her hard enough to hurt, but did it slow, firm and steady...along the inside of her forearm ...from just below her elbow to just above her wrist.

He said this was a positive test for an allergic reaction (possibly to her medication).

We've both been diagnosed with Lyme.
I have babesia and she has bartonella.

Nancy

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeout, I can tell you about my symptoms, but since I'm not yet being treat by LLMD, not sure how much help it may offer.

I got bit in May 2006 and began to see 1-inch round red spots on my elbows and different rashes on lower legs, knees and ankles since August 2006. Went to see dermatologist and he gave me some anti-inflammation cream. The red spots turned into brown but never dissappeared. Of course, I got no diagnosis.

I've got on-going rashes in different appearance, but I'll now only talk about my rashes on elbows.

Last week I had a rash ourburst on my elbows and they dissappeared the next day. Not sure if it's because of the coconut oil I just added to my diet.
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo28/ec/ca/afb124e4364f.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=22s9qa5q115qm8mf7wjx6e0wu

Yesterday I had more red rashes on my elbows, and they were itchy. I used anti-inflammation cream and this morning they are better, but still itchy and red.

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo21/b0/45/a5189ae243cf.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=f0040inzocrpxooq70iind3qm

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo22/da/a0/3b8cc2ce656b.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=f570p3ttiqy2b9d6b7ud4sdpb

The ID doc I saw last Tuesday couldn't figure out why I had and have these rashes, but he refused to do more blood test and he's positive I don't have lyme 'cause I don't have the bull's eye rash. What a duck! It really takes more than knowledge and compassion to treat this illness!!

[ 09. March 2007, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: justag ]

Posts: 196 | From atlanta/norcross, georgia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celiacs Sprue can involve rashes on arms and legs. I don't remember the details anymore.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didn't mean to disguss you with all these pix... but if anybody recognizes these rashes with diagnosed bacteria type, please be so kind to let me know (i.e. via personal message)

appreciated!

Posts: 196 | From atlanta/norcross, georgia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement