LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tick Suit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tick Suit
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Spring being here in the Carolina's now & spring right a round the corner up north I thought maybe its a good idea to start a thread on tick prevention. I'll start out & want to share about my tick suit.

I just ordered my second tick suit. It came in the mail today. It's really a must for me. I live in the woods. Its a full body suit. It zippers up to the neck. Everything's covered. Tight elastic at the ankles.

It comes with a hood but I tuck it in & wear a hat with my hair tucked in. And spray the outside of the hat with insect spray. You can also spray the suite with insect spray for added protection.

I don't wear the gloves like in the picture.

It looks like I am a painter or something when I wear it. It is very thin/lightweight & breathable so doesn't get too hot in summer.

It costs Aprox &7.85 plus shipping .

the webb site is www.gemplers.com

The product number to type in the search box is #K600

*If you are worried about how you appear in public wearing the above suite the "Dupont Pro Shield coverall iteam #10029...looks more like real clothing & less like a haz-mat suit-
Little more exspensive at $8.25

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you help us navigate the site? I can't find the suit. Thanks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the direct link to the $8.15 coverall-not as baggie & looks more like normal clothing:

www.gemplers.com/search.aspx?HKW=10029

Here's te direct link to the $7.85 suit:

www.gemplers.com/search.aspx?HKW=k600

Hope this helps [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a really good idea.....I just don't think I would survive 95 degree heat with 85% humidity in that.

Shoot. We bake with swimming suits on.

Thanks for the info though.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Hi Geneal

I hear ya. I don't do well in very hight temps in the summer. I don't go out much in the woods in the height of mid day heat-makes me feel really sick...Yeck.

I do try to wear it early in the morning or late in the evening if I am going out in the woods ect.. Sometimes I will wet (mist the suit with a spray bottle) to keep cool.

For what it's worth it does breath well.

Not trying to sell anyone on this suit but to share whats helped me in the tick protection department.

I don't wear short much & go out into the woods.

The smell of the insect spray I
spray on my skin makes me feel really sick.

I have smell sensitivitys.

--------------------
5dana8

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just me...but I would rather "skip" the woods. They no longer interest me.

Thanks for sharing with us. Maybe someone could post the links for the tick tweezers here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the tick tool!

http://www.theticktool.com/

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dana!

Nice outfit you will have to add to your wardrobe!
For those with active outdoor lifestyles..this is what I have!
http://www.bugshirt.com/

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Hi Wilscondor

Thanks so much for posting the tick tool & link to your shirt bug shirt [Smile]

Lymetoo. I just don't wear it to go into the woods. I wear it to go to the park and also to walk my dogs. Any wear out doors I think there could be ticks. The only place I don't wear it is shopping.

I know I must look a little strange in my suit but don't really care much what other people must think of me anymore. The shock of finding a tick last summer on my legg was too much for me to handle.

Blessings [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:

The shock of finding a tick last summer on my legg was too much for me to handle.

That's why I'm not sure I'll ever own a pet again. Maybe.

I'm glad you are protecting yourself.

Thanks, WC! I need to get some tweezers, just in case!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement