LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DR. JONES HEARING - 4/19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DR. JONES HEARING - 4/19
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save the date!

Exact location hasn't been announced, but the next hearing for Dr. Jones will be on Thurs., 4/19 in Hartford (or nearby).

He really needs support, especially after the low attendance last time.

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all future hearing dates:

April 19
May 31
June 7 (if necessary)

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot get off from school for the 19th but could travel to CT for the 31st of May. Is that a fairly likely court date too??

this sucks.

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's ld for the dates!

i just can't understand WHY SO MANY HEARINGS??
from what i saw last year on jemsek, he had 2 or 3 hearings;

jones must be 5-7 hearings by now? please help us understand.

when will this witch hunt END?! [cussing] [toilet] [puke]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They can't get him on medical charges so they are going to try and destroy him by dragging this out for as long as they can.

They get to use state money while he has to use his own funds. It is not considered malpractice so he cannot use malpractice insurance.

Ha! How ironic! Ct. being the insurance capitol of the US.

They don't care if your children can't get proper medical care for Lyme and co-infections.

They don't want you to.

Get it?

[cussing]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for those to plan on going to dr. jones 4-19 hearing in conn.

please represent those of us who live many states away from conn; we thank you! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, May 31 is a confirmed date.

I agree 100%, they're dragging this out to wear him down and bleed him financially, and scare off any other would-be LLMDs in the process. [Mad]

The update at http://www.lymesite.com/Jones_critical_developments_in_dr.htm also explains why there are more hearings - the state has added new charges involving divorced or estranged parents fighting over their kids' care.

Dr. Jones urgently needs more people to attend and/or contribute to his defense. Info on that here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=052719#000000

bettyg
Unregistered

up....who all is going to these? please represent those of us from many states away who can't go! thank you. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who will come to give support to this man?

Anyone?

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there for one if not two of the sessions this spring.

I'm travelling a long way to be able to attend. I hope others will also want to demonstrate their support by making every effort to be present.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll be there.

~heather.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

i wrote out my check tonight for his defense fund, and will type a letter to Charles tomorrow in support of him.

i'll be with you all in spirit/heart! i'll be recuperating from my march 26 hip replacement surgery! give him an extra hug/kiss from this unknown stranger to him....thanks! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for those of you who will make an effort to go! He REALLY wants folks to be there. That is wonderful you will support him!!!

And to those of you who contribute to his defense fund.... you are so very kind and generous. He will so much appreciate it.. as will the kids who will have him to be their doctor.

And whew..............

You think WE are tired of this garbage? Think what HE must feel like.

But... those who are responsible for this.. they will have their day. No unkind deed goes unpunished. And I wouldn't want to be within a thousand miles of the IDSA guideline authors when it hits the fan.

For sure!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Thank-you, ldfighter, for posting the hearing dates.

Thank-you,mjbucuk, for coming on the 31st.

Thank-you,bettyg, for your spiritual and financial support.

Thank-you,FightFireWithWater, for making a hard and long journey to attend.

Thank-you,heiwalove, for coming to the hearings.

Thank-you,Tincup, for your unwavering support.

Now....

Who has doubts about this man's integrity?

Who has questions concerning this kangaroo court being held against this pediatrician?

Now is the time to find your answers.

You have more to lose by being silent.

sstone
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there on 4/19.

Besides attending, what I should prepare for that hearing?

It's my first time to go.

Shara

Posts: 32 | From MA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymefamily
Member # 10699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymefamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be at the hearing with my three children who are patients of Dr. Jones. Many schools in CT have spring vacation that week.

I have attended all of the hearings except the first one. Sometimes, it is almost too painful to watch Dr. Jones testify and endure all of this harassment. But, I feel that I have to be there to support him.

The medical board wanted him to give up his license. He did not do that, and the board is putting Dr. Jones through the wringer. So, while he is defending his actions, he still continues to practice and treat children because he knows he is doing the right thing.

Anyone else would have given up a long time ago, but not Dr. Jones. Taking a day out of my life to give support to such a wonderful human being is a privilege.

Hope to see you there

Posts: 3 | From CT | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

sstone, they ask that all cell phones or other electronic devices that might make a noise be shut off.

We are to remain silent (although when I heard Shapiro perjure himself, I almost spewed). No clapping or comments....but it can be hard!

I hope I answered your question. And ,thank-you for coming and showing your support!

sizzled
Member # 1357

P.S.

There is a very nice, carpeted,large cafeteria within a few yards of the room (usually)if the hearing is being held in the capitol building.

You can excuse yourself anytime to relieve yourself, get fresh air,eat or scream (scratch that last one!).

Parking was free and easy in the same building.

Hopefully, we will get the exact place,time and directions soon.

I wish I could carpool,but I have to be back at work right after the hearings so it makes it a bit of a rush to even be there. BUT! I will be there for Dr. Jones and the children that need him!!!

sizzled
Member # 1357

Up so sstone can see.
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dr. jones' hearings, while horrifying and criminal in the way they can drain him financially and otherwise as a state agency with very deep pockets,
still, his hearings are a tremendous opportunity to get the word out regarding the Lyme crisis and our kids.

we can do this by helping make sure hearing attendance is high,
and getting GOOD, humanitarian stroies related to this is the media, and making sure his defence fund is maintained.

at a recent appointment dr. jones agreed that ultimately this is an opportunity to unite and raise public awareness. despite all, it seems that is what is important to him above all else.

i think we can and should take advantage of it running long.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sstone
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did it usually last for the hearing?

Do you think my 3 yrs kids can stay quiet all the time?

I think my 5 yrs daughter can make it.

I want to bring my two girls with me. But worry about my 3 yrs could not stay quiet.

If my husband can go, he can take the young one outside while she is fussy.

Please PM me the address, time if you know.

Thanks,

Posts: 32 | From MA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement