LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Detox-can it cause a herx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Detox-can it cause a herx
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, few replies to my last post-I'll try again.
I stopped all meds on Saturday per my LLMD (Just finished malarone) Sunday I started vial PSP, a detox supplement my LLMD gave me.

Sunday I was sooo tired, felt worse on Monday-tired, shakey, fast heart and had horrible dry heaves first thing in the morning.

Just as bad today.

I don't know if it's a herx, or from the detox. I never really "detoxed" before, other than drinking water. Took a few baths, didn't do much.

Did anyone "herx" when they took a detox supplement? Or did anyone get worse when stopping malarone?

I took malarone with zith everyday, so I don't thinkthe bart could relapse that quick.

Thanks-hope I get some responses!

Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mississippilyme
Member # 11205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mississippilyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Shoney,

I have never taken vial PSP, I tried to find something about it but I need more information. Does it have a name?

I have only taken Detox Max Plus. It made me feel better. If you have only detoxed with water until now, chances are you have a good many toxins in your body.

I have also used activated charcoal and extra virgin olive oil, and unpasteurized honey with apple cider vinegar, with extra vitamin C.

I always feel better after detoxing. I hope you will soon feel better. I am sorry you are sick.

I hope someone else can add something to help you. Sorry I couldn't.

Sherry

[Smile]

Posts: 69 | From mississippi | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karenelee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karenelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shoney,

I can't really comment on any of your specifics. It's sounds like you should call your llmd.

I'm managing my health with a working theory that an important part of dealing with lyme is detox. I'm trying to keep mine going *during* treatment with cholestyramine, saunas, water, homeopathic detox formula and oil-pulling, as I take my doxy and nystatin.

So far, I've noticed that I feel worse if I don't stay on top of the detox. And I feel worse if I go to fast with the detox.

Sauana every day was way too much. I felt like I had the flu. Sauna every other day is not quite enough, but better than too often. I'm going to try 36 hours as an interval. We'll see what happens.

I knew right away when I started doxy and nystatin that toxins were an issue. The back of my hands and arms became red and inflamed within 24 hours. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction, but it wasn't. It was either yeast die off, or bacteria die off toxins.

When I read about oil-pulling and how oil might "pull" toxins out, I decided to start putting oil on my hands before I showered. It seemed to help.

good luck,

Karen

Sharing my experience, not meant as advice.

Posts: 112 | From RI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks-Vital PSP is a rice product-google it. My LLMD speaks highly of it. I haven't really detoxed in 8 months-perhaps this is what's going on.

What is oil pulling?
And how do you detox with oil, honey etc.

Guess I better keep up with it

Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detoxing can make you herx....but going off malarone or mepron should not.... at least in theory!!'

Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mississippilyme
Member # 11205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mississippilyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again,

Sorry it took so long to answer, I have brain fog and can't remember things so I had to find it in my hand-outs.

First my Dr. says you need to take a high quality multi vitamin with minerals as lyme depletes many.

Second in importance are antioxidants these neutralize free radicals,(toxins). Free radicals burn cell membranes, DNA (genes), and everything else they touch.

Antioxidants include vitamin C and E, beta carotene (taken by itself can cause lung cancer), pycnogenol, selenium, N-acetyl-cysteine and others. Take a supplement with multiple different antioxidants and phytonutrients ( antioxidants found in plants).

My Dr. recommends Deeper Greens, One scoop is equivalent to five fruits and vegetables. I can tell you in a PM where you can obtain this product if you would like to try it.

Charcoal is drug of choice in ER for acute toxicity from a great variety of poisons. Charcoal will bind with a great variety of toxins and carry them out of your body. It will also bind with medications so it is important to take this one hour before or two hours after your meds.

Our poisons are chronic not acute, therefore it will take a long time to bind enough toxins with charcoal to make us healthy, but it will be worth it.

The liver secretes toxins like lead, mercury, cadmium, tin and radioactive substances into your bile and bilirubin to try and get rid of them. Much of the bile is reabsorbed back into the body,the toxins are also reabsorbed.

Try (1) tablespoon of charcoal powder or (4) capsules of activated charcoal or (8) charcoal tablets, twice daily, mid morning and afternoon.

Along with charcoal you must take 1-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. This stimulates liver and gall bladder to release bile and bilirubin into the intestines along with the toxins so that the charcoal can bind them and carry them out of the body. As charcoal binds toxic metals and carries them out, the toxins continue to diffuse out of tissues and into the liver.

Vitamin C neutralizes many toxins. It is water soluble so you don't become toxic, your body passes it through urine. The body is 70% water, vitamin C scavenges free radicals in water.

Vitamin C also recharges Vit. E which is fat soluble. Vitamin E scavenges free radicals in the fat (cell membranes,fatty tissue, nerves, brain, etc.) part of the body.

If your stomach lets you, take 1000 mg. of Vit. C a day, gradually increase dose until you develop diarrhea or side effects occur. Then lower your dose where you were not having problems. I usually take 10,000 mg. a day with no problems. Others take 18,000 a day.

I can't find how this cleanses the body, but I drink it three times a day. My Dr. said to mix (2) teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with (2) teaspoons of raw (unpasteurized, unheated) honey with a glass of water three times a day.

Although I haven't had problems, my Dr. says that detoxification may cause significant reactions. Some people have to get worse before they get better. When you mobilize toxins, that mobility may bring toxic substances in contact with tissues in the body and cause symptoms such as pain, fatigue, brain problems and neurological symptoms, "symptoms of recovery".

Part of this reaction may be caused by malnutrition. For cells to deal with toxins they need help from multi vitamins with minerals, antioxidants, essential amino acids and essential fatty acids. You can get these amino acids in powder form that body builders use.

I still highly recommend Detox Max Plus. It gets rid of toxic metals. It made me feel great. I can give you information where to purchase in PM if you would like.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

[Smile]

Posts: 69 | From mississippi | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Thank you Sherry for the comprehensive reply. I will be more diligent about taking my supplements-I have the whey protein powder I'll start to take again. I've lost 20 lbs-I think I also might be malnourished-I'm working on eating more, but my stomach is trashed.

You can PM me on the detox vital max, but I know my LLMD likes Vital PSP-thanks

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh....I see...

"If you are searching for an extraordinary nutritional product that may help improve your overall health, HealthyWize offers an all natural whole food supplement of polypeptides, spirulina and complex carbohydrates that may have an effect on the health of each and every cell in your body.

The amazing formula of Vital PSP+ is a unique and proprietary blend consisting of a complex form of carbohydrates, polypeptides and essential minerals.

Vital PSP+, formulated from a rare strain of ancient gmo-free rice grains which provide essential nutrients, offers an all natural whole food supplement that provides fuel for the brain.

The amino acids in this all natural whole food supplement contain carbon chains which can be converted into glucose to unite brain cells.

Vital PSP+ also contains vitamins, essential minerals and antioxidants to help protect cells from damage and dysfunction.

As well as polypeptides, the Vital PSP+ all natural whole food supplement offers another source of all natural fiber with nutritional support to:

improve digestion,
improve the immune system,
eliminate toxins from the body's cells,
aid in cellular repair,
support neurologic function and
help normalize blood sugar levels.

Spirulina, a one-celled blue-green algae that thrives in fresh water tropical climates, has a higher concentration of nutrients than any other food, plant, grain or herb.

Spirulina contains all essential amino acids and is higher in protein than meat."

http://www.genuwizesolutions.com/vitalpsp.html

Like I said in another post today...spirulina is really powerful. It was given to kids post Chernobyl.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mississippilyme
Member # 11205

Thanks Marnie,

This sounds like a great product also. It sounds very similar to DetoxMax Plus, do you know if it is? Here is where you can read about this product:

DETOXMAX PLUS

Shoney,

My Dr. says that even if you eat enough and the proper things you may still be malnourished, because borreliosis depletes your vitamins and minerals. Malabsorption is also common.

He also said that most of the patients he tested were deficient in essential amino acids and essential fatty acids, along with low levels of vitamins and minerals. Essential means your body can not make them, they must be absorbed.

Amino and fatty acids are the building block for cell membranes, enzymes, chemical messengers, muscles, nerves and brain tissue. Part of the problem is what we eat but part is due to poor absorption of nutrients from the intestines. Another factor is excess consumption of nutritional substances by germs and abnormal wasting by excretory organs such as the kidneys.

My Dr. highly recommends Jiroffa nutritional products.

I hope you feel better soon.

Sherry [Smile]

mississippilyme
Member # 11205

quote:
Originally posted by shoney:
Sunday I was sooo tired, felt worse on Monday-tired, shakey, fast heart and had horrible dry heaves first thing in the morning.

These symptoms sound similar to those of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), which are a fast heart rate, sweating, tremors, shaking, palpatations (heart skips beats), nausea, weakness, headache, confusion, and/or convulsions.

Just an idea, might be worth checking into.

Sherry [Smile]

shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Sherry_ ate something before I went to bed last night, and didn't have the dry heaves this am-you may be right about the hypoglycemia.

I read in an "adrenal cure" book to eat before bed.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement