LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Questran alternatives?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questran alternatives?
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. My LLMD doesnt like questran ..and wont prescribe it. I need something to bind and eliminate the neurotoxins. Anyone know of alternatives to Questran to decrease the neurotoxin load? If you know of something please list the amount I should take as well. I have tried to search this topic but have been unsuccessful. Thanks, Nikki
Posts: 129 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you searched posts by GiGi? she's posted TONS of amazing info about eliminating neurotoxins.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charcoal, Beta Sitosterol, Apple Pectin, Chitosan, Chlorella and several others can be very useful.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, can I take chitosan and chlorella together? Where can I find the dosage that will help? Thanks, Nikki
Posts: 129 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take a product for detox called fiber fusion by Enzymatic Therapy . It is pretty good .

Psillium in a glass of water also is helpful .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge fan of glutathione. I believe we have the same llmd, so maybe you can ask him about it.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Thanks, I will.
Karenelee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karenelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A naturopath told me about a natural product that she uses instead of cholestyramine -- i think it may be called cholachol, but I'm not certain.

Karen

Posts: 112 | From RI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psyllium.

Metamucil.

Apples...(wash and eat with the skin ON)

The apple or Malus sylevestris dates back to 6500 BC. It is not native to the United States but is native to southwest Asia.

Julius Caesar planted the very first apple tree in England and the English brought seeds to the New World. The Massachusetts Bay Company planted the first tree.

The apple tree is twenty to thirty feet tall when it is fully-grown. It belongs to the rose family because of its blossoms that eventually turn into apples.

The apple is made-up of 85% water, vitamin A and C, potassium, pectin , and fiber .

There is also malic acid in apples. The malic acid is what gives the apple its aroma, taste, and also healthfulness.

There is also a lot of starch in an apple that is crunchy but is little in an apple that is mushy and grainy.

Malic acid is an important ingredient in apples, therefore it is also known as apple acid. Malic acid is a colorless crystalline compound that is a metabolite in the Krebs Cycle that produces 90% of the energy within its cells.

Malic acid binds to aluminum.

It removes the aluminum from the enzyme tubulin-which protects and maintains nerves-then is removed from the body through urine. There is roughly 0.2-1.0 gram of malic acid in an average apple (the part that you can eat).

Malic acid is what makes the saying ``An apple a day keeps the doctor away'' true!

You cannot become deficient in malic acid because the body produces malic acid itself.

Malic acid also helps prevent many diseases and conditions. Fibromyalgia is a disease that is in the muscles and malic acid is a very popular remedy to decrease pain related to it.

Malic acid also is a remedy for hypoxia-related conditions which is respiratory or circulatory insufficiency, or when you don't get enough oxygen.

Some scientists believe that malic acid can also reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Malic acid also helps the body make ATP more efficiently. ATP is the energy currency that runs the body, from food.

http://www.selah.k12.wa.us/SOAR/SciProj2003/AlyssaB.html

[ 22. March 2007, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to add Destroxin to Scott's list.
Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welchol, cholestyramine, and questran are similar prescription drugs (I think).

Chlorella, pectin, seaweeds (sodium alginate) and bentonite clay work for me.

I take a lot of a formula called Solaray Detox- cheap stuff that contains pectin and sodium alginate. There are some expensive and supposedly very good versions such as modifilan (google it).

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement