LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Repeat or Worse Staff &/or Strep infections?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Repeat or Worse Staff &/or Strep infections?
MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have repeat &/or worse infections after lyme/co-infections?

I am assuming these are staf &/or strep but have not had all cultured for exact organism.

I did read that the founder of Indivisible Disabilities Advocate, www.myida.org Sherri Connell had "chronic headaches, constant bouts with strep throat, the flu and bronchial pneumonia", after contracting lyme. Much later she was diagnosed with Late-Chronic Lyme and MS.

I actually found that wonderful website by googling all my daughters symptoms.

My daughter has had strep many, many times. Her pediatrician says staff &/or strep probably lives in her sinuses because of the number of times she has impetigo on her nose and face.

Impetigo is back with a vengenance and is the worse case so far. The Dr this time said it looks like it could be from a virus from the herpes family.

One Dr also said she could be harboring Epstein-Barr virus that reemerges.

I am thinking that she has had lyme for several years and perhaps the last two tick bites brought the two co-infections?

I was hoping someone out there had experience with staff &/or strep infections that would shed some light on how this plays into the lyme picture. Or the possible virus issue.

Thanks again for all everyone here does for each other!

MommaK

here's the link to the page that tells Sherri's story http://www.myida.org/booklet.htm

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, well, I don't know if I can be of help, but I have strep a lot. I would suggest getting the ASO titer checked. It is the # of anti-bodies for strep in the blood.

Good luck!

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reply Wilsongal22!

We may need to repeat the ASO. I know one was done about a year ago.

How I found out about the ASO is once my daughter had a fever of unknown origin for 16 days until the ASO came back positive! Dr said the strain of strep she had was in the 5% that the quick strep test doesn't catch!

What puzzles me is her throat is never the typical red or inflamed. Her eyes don't have the tell-tell strep look. She just runs a fever and has a headache!

She has had too many antibiotics over her life. It's a wonder any of them work anymore!

Mommak

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, yea, I agree. My ASO has been high for 2 years yet I never have any strep symptoms. Sometimes, however, I have the regular sore throat and evrything. Never a fever though. nd that is when my throat culture is positive.

But an ASO in normal range is 200 or below. My orthopedist did one for no reason just something he put down with a bunch of others and it just happened to come back high. It was off the charts at 1633.3. And I have had it done tons of times since then and the lowest it hit was 800 yet it always went back up.

Last week I had it done again and it was 800 once again. So...I don't know. But, I have read that if your ASO is high you will not test positive for Lyme because lyme feeds off of the strep and it will overtake the test for lyme or something.

I can't remember exactly. But, I have a post on here called ATTN:nancyb...ASO something like that and you can read more about it on there.

I hope that can help some. And I wish I could help more. Good Luck!

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, the idea of strep masking a lyme positive. I havn't heard of this before. My lyme test mostly come back negative, but strep is always high. I have full on strep throat right now. I'd like to hear more on this.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gambler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had impetigo a bunch of times. I know this started when I started to feel worse.
Posts: 243 | From chicago | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To clear out the strep and staph in the sinuses you may want to try sinus irrigation. I use warm saline and a quality colloidal silver. This provided a huge relief from my chronic fatigue.

If it's systemic I suggest adding some CS orally. Chronic strep and some staph eventually become biofilms which are very difficult (not impossible) to erradicate.

good luck

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There IS a connection. I know someone has posted about it before. You might contact "cave76" to help you find the article....OR....do a search here with cave's ID #

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try doing allimax capsules as they're very good stuff. Do colon cleanses - capsule based, very gentle, clear the gut, drink a little Apple Cider Vinegar each day. And finally, Rain Tree Cat's Claw.
Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement