LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DR. JONES HEARING 4/19, Hartford CT, 9am!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DR. JONES HEARING 4/19, Hartford CT, 9am!
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I'm not Sandy, just passing this along... hope LOTS more people attend this time and/or contribute!! ldfighter)

Just to let you all know, Dr. Jones' hearing will resume on Thursday, April 19th, at 9:00. It will take place at 410 Capitol Avenue - Hartford, CT, in conference room A/B, adjacent to the cafeteria.

The attendance at the last hearing was very, very poor. Please plan to come to this one. We need to pack the room, to show support for Dr. Jones. Keep in mind what he has done for your children, and for the children of your neighbors and your community - WITH OFFICE HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK. How can we do less than support him by going to the hearings?

He also needs money to continue his struggle, on behalf of the children with Lyme, and on behalf of the rights of Lyme doctors to treat. Contributions can be made through the following website:

http://www.defendlymedoctors.com/contribute.html

Sandy

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found this on page 3.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I think one of the reasons for low attendance was the change in dates????? Could be.

We really need to do all we can for him. Let's keep this at the top.

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I think one of the reasons for low attendance was the change in dates????? Could be.

We really need to do all we can for him. Let's keep this at the top.

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they like us to bring our kids or is that not allowed?
Posts: 129 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, kids are definitely allowed! And you can leave at any time if you need to.

Here's some more info taken from a June, 2006 post for those coming from out of town (thanks kay):

quote:
Hartford, CT general info:

Nick's Pizza... Call 527-1111- open late and they deliver. (Menu at front desk in Days Inn in East Hartford)

Cab ride.. Dial a Ride Taxi- 860-796-8105.. ask for Cooper. He was great.

Margurita's Mexican Restaurant- across the street from Days Inn- 860-289-7212

Hotel- Days Inn- EAST Hartford, CT
1-860-289-4950.
333 Roberts Street
East Hartford, CT 06108

Cab ride from the Days Inn to the hearing approximately $15.00, plus tip. About 4 miles.

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to go......but don't have the money this time....
Hope someone can help me I really want to go....

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if there are any Lawyers doing pro bono work or partial pro bono work for LLMDs?

It would be a nice gesture.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it would be great for people who are not able to attend themselves to sponsor or help sponsor someone who can. Could the LDA serve as intermediary?

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.. if you can't go.. please do help someone who can attend but is not able to afford it. That would be great!

Lymeblue.. do you need a ride? If so.. from what state?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunshine State.....! TC!
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's in my calendar! i'll be there!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Lymeblue.. don't know if there is a carpool going over 1,000 miles north and back.. sooooooooooo.. we may have to look at other options. Ya think?

I'll put on my thinking cap tomorrow (it's in the shop tonight for repairs) and IF it works.. will let you know.

NO promises. This is a tuff one for sure!

[spinning smile]

hei.. hi!

Good for YOU!!!!

Please tell Dr. Jones Tincup loves him!!!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure thing, tincup! [Big Grin]

love,
heather.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

I'll do that Tiny.....
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that with the help of Trueblue, Tincup's thinking cap, and maybe a few of her friends, we're going to have the southeast represented for April 19th. Anyone from the Midwest coming?

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Lymeblue, Any progress? Checked your PMs? (My pm message alert isn't working. Anybody else's?)
What airport do you want to fly into? NY/ NJ ? I don't think JB flies into CT.

--------------------

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

More info on Dr. Jones' hearing, April 19th, 9am, 410 Capitol Avenue (The Capitol Avenue Complex), Hartford, CT:

The hearing will take place in conference room A/B, adjacent to the cafeteria.

More info re: The Capitol Avenue Complex

Capitol Avenue Complex: The 410 - 470 Capitol Avenue complex is located on Capitol Avenue, Hartford, approximately 1/2 mile west of the State Capitol and is comprised of four (4) buildings connected via an underground concourse.

The first building in the complex which is recognizable by its "beige" or white brick exterior, houses the Department of Public Health, the Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services and the Office of Health Care Access (410 Capitol Avenue). <= The hearing will be held here!

(Next 2 buildings in the complex are red brick.)

Parking

Limited "Visitor Parking" is available behind the 410 - 470 Capitol Avenue complex. There are security guards stationed in the parking lot to direct you to the visitor parking spaces.

If no visitors' spaces are available behind the 410-474 Capitol Avenue Complex, security guards will advise guests to proceed to the satellite parking lots at Oak and Capitol, and/or Forest and Capitol. If more than five visitors are expected for a meeting, all attendees should be directed to the Forest and Capitol parking lot.

The Oak and Capitol parking lot is 1/3 mile east of OPM. Heading east, Oak Street is the fourth light on the right past OPM. The Forest and Capitol parking lot is 1/2 mile west of OPM. Heading west, Forest Street is at the fifth light past OPM. Turn right at the intersection of Forest Street and Capitol Avenue. The entrance to the parking lot is the first left.
There is a shuttle service from the Oak Street and the Forest Street parking lots to OPM from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Shuttle Bus Service

The Department of Public Works runs a shuttle service for the convenience of employees and visitors to the 410-474 Capitol Avenue Complex. The bus is fully accessible (e.g., the bus has a hydraulic lift) and runs on a published bus schedule.
http://www.opm.state.ct.us/about/ShuttleSchedule2005.doc

Handicapped Access

Handicapped parking spaces are available at the 410 - 474 Capitol Avenue Complex as well as at the satellite parking lots at Oak and Capitol, and Forest and Capitol.

The 410 - 474 Capitol Avenue Complex has a pedestrian walkway near a mass transportation public bus station. There is also an exterior ramp and crosswalk near this public transportation area at building 450 Capitol Avenue.

There is also a ramped entrance at the rear of building 410 Capitol Avenue that has a ramped concourse permitting access throughout the 410 - 474 Capitol Avenue Complex.

Directions to the Capitol Avenue Complex

Located at 450 Capitol Avenue in the City of Hartford within the State of Connecticut in the United States of America.

Traveling on I-84 East: Take the Capitol Avenue exit (Exit 48B). At the end of the exit ramp, at the light, turn right onto Capitol Avenue. Travel through three (3) lights, and the complex begins at the four (4) story white brick building on your right (410 Capitol Avenue), which is after Hartford Office Supply.

Traveling on I-84 West: Take the Sigourney Street exit (Exit 47). Turn left at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto Sigourney Street. Pass under the highway and go through one (1) light. Follow signs to Capitol Avenue, bearing left at fork. Turn left at light onto Park Terrace. At the light, turn right onto Capitol Avenue. The complex begins with the second brick building on your left (470 Capitol Avenue).

Traveling on I-91 North: Take the I-84 West exit (Exit 32A) and follow the directions above for traveling on I-84 West.

Traveling on I-91 South: Take the I-84 West exit and follow directions above for traveling on I-84 West.

http://www.opm.state.ct.us/reach.htm

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Those of you who found Lymenet or other helpful information since the advent of the internet, may not realize how privileged you are to know about the Lyme controversy, ilads guidelines and the possibility of a referral to an LLMD.

Please understand that for thirty years other patients have been fighting for you to have this privilege. Please try to help out when requested, whether it is attendance at a hearing or rally or financial support for legal fees. We need to spread the burden around better.

Please consider attending the next rally for Dr. Jones or helping someone else to do so and/or sending a contribution to assist in the efforts.

--------------------

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi fire-

could you please PM me if you know what lawfirm is representing Dr. J now?

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Ok I'm all set to go...
Please this is very important.

PM me those who need a ride from Waterbury/Watertown area the day of the hearing.

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is vital that each of us actively supports this effort!

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for those who care about Dr. Jones and the kids with Lyme.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

(Reposting this from another forum. Please come April 19th and/or contribute! - ldfighter)

----

ONCE AGAIN, ON BEHALF OF DR. JONES, WE CORDIALLY ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO ATTEND THE UPCOMING HEARING SESSION on Thursday, April 19th, at 9:00. It will take place at 410 Capitol Avenue - Hartford, CT, in conference room A/B, adjacent to the
cafeteria.

We believe that the board does indeed notice the degree of support to Dr. Jones and the issues that his case represents. By turning out in large numbers, we tell them that we will hold them accountable for the decisions that they make.

Given bad weather and confusion due to rescheduling, the attendance at the last hearing was quite low. The timing on this one is bad for some CT families, since it is in the middle of school vacation, and many families will be away, so the support from patients in adjacent states is very important!

Please plan to come to this one. We need to pack the room, to show support for Dr. Jones. Bring your children, to show the panel that large number of children will suffer, should Dr. Jones lose his license. Feel free to contact me if you are in need of a ride - I will try to put you in touch with others who have offered to drive people there.

Dr. Jones also needs money to continue his struggle, on behalf of the children with Lyme, and on behalf of the rights of Lyme doctors to treat.

Our latest information is that the funds in the account currently only will cover the cost of one more hearing session. Contributions can be made through the following website:

http://www.defendlymedoctors.com/contribute.html

Many, many thanks for your attention to this important matter!

Warmly,
Sheila

Sheila M. Statlender, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
53 Langley Road - Suite 330C
Newton Centre, MA 02459

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be there if at all possible. I made it in November, but right now buying another transatlantic flight is not possible financially.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Although I don't post as often as before, here is my ``inspiring story''......

6 years a go I was a ``newbie''; I didn't know what this disease truly meant. Today, I'm 100% sx free; even my residual sx went away. God only knows for how long, but for now I'm feeling mostly sx free. This is more than enough compared to my first years not only suffering the horrible and indescribable symptoms but to find friends who talked the same ``language''.

I just want, with a few words, to let you know what kept me battling this disease even though I was getting, at some point, sicker and sicker. You know even after years of abx you might go down the hill if co-infections have not been treated.

The first LLMD I met was Dr. J, New Haven ,CT.

As some of you know, I got bitten at a state park in FL along with my 2 daughters in May 2000. To make the story short,
I was misdiagnosed by an ID; I didn't have the rash, FL is not endemic, my bloodwork was negative, my ``subjective sx'' were anxiety: the perfect recipe for disaster, or maybe a wheel chair. Who knows ?

At least I had the privilege of clearly recalling tick bites.

But, since things happen for a reason and I really find this one complicated to believe; since my daughters were infected, too, I ended up meeting with Dr. J in his office. He is our ``Angel''.

While I was treated by a NON LLMD DR, due to the fact that I didn't have enough money at the time, my daughters had the privilege to see the best LLMD in the world for children.

He treated them and both went into remission after abx treatment for 9 months. On the other hand, I was sicker even though I was on abx (wrong dosage, wrong abx, etc). Dr. J said several times that Lyme should be treated until sx disappear.

A couple of years later, in 2002, I was prescribed other abx `s some old sx disappeared other new ones appeared It seemed like the never ending story, but by repeating Dr. J's words in my head, `` Until sx disappear.'', motivated me to move mountains, to question my whole family, to stop visiting some friends and relatives and to build other relationships, to find the money to see an LLMD and definitely educating my self on medical studies, other lymies experiences , and above all listening to my body.

I had the privilege to be one of many patients that Dr. B, East Hamptons, NY treated. He addressed my bart and babs and other issues like H pillory, etc... At this point, not only the improvement was enormous, but Dr. J's words were proving to be true. ``Until symptoms disappear.''.

Later on Dr. B retired and although I was almost symptom free, regarding my health, I knew the job was not complete. One more time the ``enormous'' privilege or the ``miraculous opportunity'' to go to another great LLMD. Dr. H, NY.....after some months under his care he told me `` no more abx.'' and I've been abx free since then;only Cowden's+ supplements.

As you see Dr. J made, not only me, but my loyal husband also to believe and pursue what once I thought was impossible. Not only that I was going to be at a stable health level, but to believe in myself, too.

Now :
WITH TEARS STREAMING DOWN MY FACE
I'M MOVING MOUNTAINS FOR HIM
PLEASE HELP ME: COME TO THE HEARING.
MY FAMILY AND MANY OTHERS ARE FUNCTIONAL BECAUSE OF HIM
THERE ARE MANY MORE KIDS WHO NEED HIM.

P.S Wanted to add, too, that after more than 4 years abx and sx free my youngest relapsed or got re-infected. Of course, none of her local doctors knew she was relapsing or suffering of lyme disease. I was suspecting she was, but was not sure and having lyme myself I was tagged ``obsessed with lyme'' when she landed twice with cardiac involvement in the ER. One more time the only person who really helped was Dr. J and that's another story.

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

up!!!!
sstone
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 32 | From MA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalalu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See ya there hopefully.

Lalalu

[ 14. April 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: lalalu ]

--------------------
http://chroniclyme.blogspot.com/

"Illnesses, hover constantly above us, their seed blown by the winds, but they do not set in the terrain unless the terrain is ready to receive them."---Claude Bernard.

Posts: 131 | From US | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement