LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PLEASE READ ! Important Lyme Event !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE READ ! Important Lyme Event !
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This announcement is from Marina's { MJO lymenet name} group on the WI/MN border.

The Minnesota Lyme Action Group will be holding a "Lyme Walk--For Those Who Can't/Run for Research" on May 5th in Forest Lake, Minnesota.

Since many lymenetters can't walk to the mailbox let alone travel to Minnesota to even observe the race, you and people you know can still be included in this effort by sending your first name or first names of people you know who can't get around very well--those crippled by Lyme disease, to me in a PM. Please, no last names!

Please include the county and state of residence of "paper participants."

Paper participants should send their information like this:

"Bill S. Westchester County, Pennsylvania"
or "Mary Lou, Pine County, Minnesota".

We'll write your first name (and last name initial if you wish)and your county and state in the middle of a Lyme green paper circle. We'll post the circle names on a cork board for all to see.

Each circle will have the slogan, "Walk For Those Who Can't" at the top and "Run for Research" on the bottom. Runners and walkers will be able to pull a name or names off the corkboard and pin them on their shirts or hand carry name circles along the 3.2 mile trail.

This is a FREE but significant way you can be with us on May 5th. Will you help?

Group leaders, please ask your members if they'd be willing to be paper participants. My vision is a large board with lots of green circles fluttering in the wind. Everyone needs to see how many lives have been taken over by Lyme disease and co-infections. This is one way we can show the debility.

We're really excited about this event. Last week one of the local banks gave the group $500!

If you're interested in "sponsoring" someone for the $15 entry fee or being part of the Walk/Run, please visit the group's website at www.minnesotalymeactiongroup.com.

Thank you all so much!

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great!

I'll spread the word! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an excellent group and should be supported. Great idea Marina. How'd you get $500 smackeroo's outta' of a bank ? Normally, it's the other way around. [Razz]
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike!

Our fearless leader Joan went in the bank asking for donations. It's her hubby that's sick, not Joan, maybe that helps.

She also plans to lead the MN group with legislation. I know that's an arduous process but anyone who can walk out of a bank with $500 for our cause must have more moxie than the rest of us! Way to go Joan!

Thanks Mike!

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^up^
Thanks Marina and Mike!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

quote:
Originally posted by mjo:
Hey Mike!

Our fearless leader Joan went in the bank asking for donations. It's her hubby that's sick, not Joan, maybe that helps.

She also plans to lead the MN group with legislation. I know that's an arduous process but anyone who can walk out of a bank with $500 for our cause must have more moxie than the rest of us! Way to go Joan!

Thanks Mike!

Marina,

Let me know when you guys are going to tackle the MN. legislators. Should be a real hoot with a Mayo dominated state like Minnehaha. [Big Grin]

mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Mike, we'll probably need full body armor for a MN effort!

Glad so many have sent me names. Thank you! Hope you'll all pass this along and keep the topic up.

We need lots of names to carry on our LymeWalk/Run. Think how great it would be if we had first names and counties from every state!

I didn't mean to imply that there are certain requirements to be "paper participants." Maybe you were unable to crawl from your bed at one time but you're better now or maybe you can't work at the job you had before you got sick with Lyme, those are crippling effects of the disease and they count as Lyme's debility or disability.

And if you threw away your crutches and walk free and well now, that counts too!

I promise we will put up pictures on the website for you to see after the event!

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mike, Where is this event exactly at? I already sent them my name but maybe possibly if Im feeling okay I could go. I didnt realize it was on the border. Could you pm me please? Thanks

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lisa, Mike and all!

We already have 100 people signed up to walk and run in our May 5th event in Forest Lake, Minnesota. Donations are pouring in! We're pretty pleased with ourselves. Not one of us has any experience with fund-raising.

I'm disappointed tho in how few lymenetters have sent their names or names of others (First names only please! with county and state). I'd really hoped to have at least one name for each walker and runner to carry.

Remember how powerful those signs were at the Westchester Medical Center? The signs that said the names of groups from other states were on board?

I'm still hoping for more names! I can't wait to see how the runners and walkers respond when asked to chose someone--a paper participant--to run or walk for. Don't you think they'll be touched?

Lyme cripples in many ways. You need not be crippled in a wheel chair or use a walker to send in your name. Maybe you'll never return to your work, or you can't drive a car anymore. That's crippling. Hopefully, you're better now, but I know lots of you couldn't get out of bed for a while.

Please help keep this post up. Thanks!

We need your paper particpant support!

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 6 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very excited to be able to be in Minnesota! (even if it's just on paper) [Smile]

Thank you!

Who else wants to go? The more names and states the better. *nods*

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cause I've never been to Minnesota. [Big Grin]

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

^up^

--------------------
more light, more love

Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to reread the post several times to figure out we need to pm the names to you. Maybe others got distracted by the other part of the post. I don't even have a lyme brain excuse. Will be pming my husband's name.
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 6 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All!

We're at 150 preregistered walkers and runners! We expect to have a lot more if the day's nice. There are thousands of dollars in donations already too!

This morning my email was filled with names! One even from Canada!

And a funny comment from Rory in Florida asking for his name to be included. He wrote, "I'm excited about not being there!"

Names have come in from Florida, California, Arizona, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, Vermont, Oregon, Illinois, Tennessee, Maryland, Maine, New Jersey, Delaware, and of course, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I know people are suffering in every state so please help gather names. First name and last name initial if you want and county and state.

Thanks to you Tutu for pointing out that the original post was exclusionary! Not meant to be! So many of us have been crippled by Lyme in some ways at some times, even those of us who are better now.

Please keep the post up and the names coming. We've got two whole weeks before May 5th! I promise I'll stay up all night before the event if that's what it takes to have every name written in each person's own circle.

We're one big circle, aren't we? Let's show everyone just how big we are! Our strength is in numbers.

Thanks all!

Marina

trueblue
Member # 7348

Cool! It's like we're all flying there in paper airplanes. [Big Grin]

(I also hesitated before sending my name because I was evaluating my level of not walk/running, as I can walk but when I saw 3.2 miles... I thought, nope sure can't do that.)

--------------------
more light, more love

NP40
Member # 6711

Up for more names. Make sure to send your FIRST name and last initial, along with your county and state. Please send it in a PM to {mjo}.
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent my name in.. and a dear person has agreed to take me on a hike with her.

How fun!!!!

NICE project!!!! Thanks for doing it!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 6 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! We have 170 people pre-registered to walk and run for us on May 5th!

Over 200 "paper participants'! New states to be counted in: West Virginia, New Hampshire, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey. How great would it be if every state was with us on the walk?

Nova Scotia, Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland will be represented too!

Keep em coming!

Remember to send just your first name and the first letter of last name (if you want to include that, not necessary0, your county (not city) and your state.

Thanks all!

trueblue
Member # 7348

^up^

--------------------
more light, more love

Lyme Wolf
Member # 5463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**bump**

The biggest Lyme event in the history of the state of Minnesota is about to take place!!

Keep on, keepin' on,
-Lyme Wolf

Posts: 63 | From Twin Cities, MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IOWA was represented; i sent you around 20-25 names! [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Minnesota Lyme Action Group, supporters, walkers and runners, for bringing attention to this disease in the Midwest.

Iowans will be thinking of you today.

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know how it all turned out! We want details!

Meantime, we are walking like crazy up heah in the northeast corner, and thinking about Minnesota today.

Take care,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

^up^
How'd it go?

Thanks for taking me along! [Smile]

--------------------
more light, more love

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement