LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Great week of great medical improvements!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great week of great medical improvements!
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently I began seeing an Internist because I need a LOCAL medical doctor should I need emergency care. Even though he is an Internist, he is acting also as my GP.

He has a strong interest in rheumatoid arthritis which I did not know prior to meeting with him. In examining me, he kept checking my joints and looking puzzled. I laughed and said "go ahead, tell me I don't have RA. Please!" He shook his head and said "I'm not going to override your rheumatologist". He did run some standard blood tests and included a sed rate which came back normal.

At the second visit, he said, you don't look like RA. Go back to your rheumatologist and see what he says. I did that this week and the rheumatologist (clinical exam only, bloodwork not yet back) shook his head and said "I'm a science-based doctor. I don't understand any of the things you are doing but either it is working or mother nature has decided to spontaneously heal you because you are NEARLY DORMANT!!!" Wow!!

The really amazing part about this diagnosis is that I was having a really bad herx flare that entire week due to having started some strong abx for the HP ulcer. My flares began 20 mins after the first dose and for days had me sleeping round the clock. Even the day after the rheumie saw me, I awoke in so much pain I couldn't work that day.

Just a word to the newbies who don't know me. I have done all my care to this point holistically (UNDER A MEDICAL DOCTOR'S CARE!). I have thrived and regained a normal life with just an occassional bad day. Not well, but not doing bad.

The meds for the HP came, not from the Internist, but from a D.O. I was whining to him about the endoscopy that I did not want. I didn't expect him to do anything about it, but when I said "Why can't I just take a round of Prev Pack like I did before (had this nasty booger in 2004). It wouldn't kill me! To my surprise, he agreed.

What I did not expect was the immediate and powerfully painful herx reaction to the meds. I never herxed like this in 2004. In fact, that fact says to me too that even though I had a bout with lyme in 1995 and even though LLMDs told me this round of lyme is from the original infection, I believe the lack of herx in 2004 says otherwise. Don't you? I ride horses and camp with them in the mountains all the time. Not unusual to get bit by many types of bugs.

My current lyme may not be as old as I had been thinking.

I do believe I'm herxing from a lyme die off since I didn't herx the first time I had HP. Any information about which bacteria cause herxes would be appreciated.

I am now 1 week into the meds and the joint pain is finally beginning to wane. Thank God!

My next really good news came Thursday when I traveled to my main doctor. After 1 yr of being too sick to chelate, he feels I am finally strong enough to begin chelation of the heavy metals. I tested very toxic one year ago.

I pray, I pray, I pray I tolerate this procedure well. Every doctor I have seen, without exception, says my load of lead is the cause of my illness. So even if we all believe it is lyme, getting rid of these metals will be a big step forward in my healing.

All in all, a really good week for me even though I have been riding a horrific herx wave.

I would love to tape record my rheumie and play his words over and over again....."you are nearly dormant", "you are nearly dormant", "you are nearly dormant".

Thanks for letting me share my joy with you guys!

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs,
Congrats! Sounds like you are really making some progress. I love to hrear stories like this, they give me hope.

I have been able to take short quiet rides on my girls ponies lately without getting a severe headache! Hope your painful herx is almost over.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs

What great news! You are proof that there is another way to manage this disease. I remember when you wrote about the RA. How long ago was that now? What do you attribute recovery to?

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm sure you are exremely happy about the latest news!

Boy, hard to tell why you didn't herx on the HP abx before, but you are herxing this time....

But let's face it, Luvs - you are not the same person now that you were then. You've made enormous changes in your diet and in your body with the natural treatments you have had in the past year or so.

So, I'm not sure I would automatically assume a more recent infection than you originally thought. Too many things are different now than they were a few years ago (in your "biological terrain").

Whatever the answer is, you are on your way to having a normal life, which is cause of celebration, for sure! [woohoo]

All the best -

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Luvs!

I didn't really understand everything you posted, but it seems you feel improvent! That's what matters.

What do you mean by 'you're dormant'?? Lyme is dormant? Limited English understanding here... [Wink]

I didn't understand if you herx with H.Pilori medication? Or with borrelia medication? ARe you taking any abx against pilori?

Anyway, it seems to be working for your arthritic symptoms, that's what's most important!

I also tested high (ART) for lead in the beginning. Now I dont' know anymore. But I certainly believe I have metals there in my knees as I feel some 'pull' when I take metal detox supps. Like stinging.

Be prepared for a tough reaction to heavy metal detoxing. At least for me, this is as tough as any bad herx...

Congrats again!

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys!

valymemom, my RA was diagnosed Jan 06 and it was rated high moderate. Just 4 pts from severe. At that time, I thought a wheelchair was in my near future.

truth, you are certainly right that I am not the same person. I am much healthier and less stressed than I was in spring 2004. The lyme may not have been active at that time and so did not cause a herx.

hardy,

dormant is the same as remission. No visable signs of RA. really good news.

the medications are 2000mg Ammoxicillan daily, 1000mg clarithromycin daily and 2 tsp bismuth subcarbonate daily. These are for Helicobactor Pylori bacteria, but they are also effective against Lyme. As far as I know, HP does not cause die off, but I'm not sure.

thanks for the heads up on the heavy metal detox. I seem to be very sensitive to every treatment, so I'm sure this will be no different.

I sure hope it is helpful!

Luvs

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear such great news!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs,

PlHelicobactor Pylori bacteriaease. Tell me more about your knowledge with Helicobactor Pylori?

Am I getting that confused with the one in the stomach that causes ulcers?

So glad you hear you are doing better and feeling good.

Best wishes.

[ 21. April 2007, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Boomerang ]

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Boomer,

You are not confused. I have the HP bacteria that causes stomach ulcers and ultimately stomach cancer.

I was treated for it in 2004 with a round of prev-pack and felt great! This time, I herxed which makes me wonder if it is also killing Lyme.

I am on day 10 and still having significantly increased joint pain, but in the midst of this, my rheumie declared my rheumatoid arthritis nearly dormant. So I'm hanging in there hoping this pain will go away and just counting the days until I finish the abx.

Luvs

--------------------

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our treatments can sure take surprising turns! And so often it is not in our favor. I am really happy to hear about these recent positive developments for you. Please keep us informed!

Also... do you know what type of metal detox protocol your doctors will have you do? Remember, there is some value in saunas and foot detox baths and pads, etc. It is nice when at least some of the metals can escape through the skin, rather than through the organs. Being in the 40 something age range... I think my own organs appreciate when I use these other methods.

Best wishes for continued good progress and health!

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow........then that is the same thing husband had.

Guess LLMD is right. He says "heal the gut".....

How are you feeling now? Hope all is okay with you.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Claire,

My doctor is using calcium EDTA for the chelation. I begin treatment 5/15 and I am hoping for the best results.

Boomer,

I finish my abx today. My doctor definitely feels I have been herxing. Since he is more into natural than antibiotic, he is following up this treatment with allicidin. I have not taken this before. It is a derivative of garlic and dr says it is about 90x more powerful.

My pain has waxed and waned during this but really hasn't stopped me from doing anything.

I'll keep posting. Hardynaka has kind of warned me that the chelation will be difficult. gulp...

Luvs

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement