LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What does MRI mean?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does MRI mean?
keh
Member # 9089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My MRI results are below. Any ideas?

Findings: There is a focus of high T2/FLAIR signal intensity in the right corona radiata, nonspecific. Several small subcortical foci of abnormal signal also indentified. No additional areas of abnormal enhancement are indentified.

Impression:
Several foci of high signal in the subcotical white matter, nonspecific, but atpical in appearance for demyelinating or chronic ischemic disease. Similar abnormalities are commonly seen in patients with migraine headaches, and clinical correlation is advised.

Any ideas? I think it says that it indicates migraines. I rarley (once a year) get migraines. Thanks.

Posts: 35 | From baltimore, md & nj | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It certainly says you do not have a neurological disease like MS or ALS! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
k-lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for k-lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have a neurologist order this MRI? If not, you might want to consult with one after you talk to your LLMD. Off the record, your MRI says that you have several small lesions in your brain located in the subcortical white matter. It continues on to say that the appearance of your lesions are atypical for demyelinating or chronic ischemic disease (basically that unless your doctor determines otherwise, it is unlikely that your lesions mean that you have these conditions.)
These findings are consistent with Neuro-Lyme. However, this is where I disagree with hiker, you might want to check with a nuerologist (preferably lyme literate) as to whether this could be MS as your MRI findings could also be consistent with that.

Take Care,
K-lyme

Posts: 227 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david1097
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david1097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noteworthy is that infectious process has not been ruled in or out. If I recall correctly such presentation can occur with things like herpes and a number of bacterial infections amoung other things.

If you can't get anyone to make anything out of the report you can send it in to a MRI reading service where there are quite a few MRI experts that will consult amoungst each other if it is an odd case.

If you want to do that PM me.

Posts: 1184 | From north america | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement