LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nervous about test results and weirdo herxing???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nervous about test results and weirdo herxing???
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So tomorrow is officially 11 business days that I. lab has had my blood and they swear they'll have my results in the am. We're talking the whole shebang - elisa, wb, co-infections, the works.

Then I have to get them to call my doc and my doc to call me b/c I. lab won't give out results to patients. Gah.

I'm nervous as heck. What will I do if they're all negative? Am I going to freak out? Laugh? I really don't know.

And then comes the question of my odd herxing. If the tests are negative, but I think I'm herxing, that means I should keep going w/tx.

I *think* it was herxing, because I felt like I had been hit by a truck - sort of a flu/hangover feeling only way worse. Maybe both flu AND hangover at the same time, plus my regular pain times five!

BUT, my herxes (there have been two separate ones in the last week) start like 18 hours after I take my abx and only last like 8-10 hours. I'm drinking lemon water and detox tea, doing seated yoga (all I can manage) and I had a detox massage (focusing on lymph massage), too.

I was FINE before the massage and for 20 mins afterward. Then it HIT. Man, like one minute I was okay (normal pain level) and then WHAM! Dizzy, achey, hurting, muddy headed, headachey mess.

That was at noon. The rest of the day was pure torture and I felt so bad I swore I needed to be in the hospital. By the next morning I was back to my normal pain level with no flu/hangover-ish sx.

THEN, I took my abx last night and today was a normal pain day. Only a slight headache and weird throbbing in my left ear when I look to the right. Freaky, I know. Plus, some weird twinges here and there. No big hangover/flu deal like the other two times.

So I'm wondering, geez, if the tests come back negative, is all this "herx" stuff in my head? I can't see how it could possibly be, but I *know* I'm going to think that.

And *then* I think, well, I should just wait for the results and then talk to my llmd. Yeah, I *know* I should, but I can't help freaking out a little tonight. I'm just so nervous.

I thought college exams were tough. These lyme and co-infection tests are the hardest tests I've ever taken! [Wink] Well, at least waiting for my scores on them!!!

Anyone else go through any of this?? I could use a little hand-holding and me-tooing!

Sarah
(Yes, I know, I was taking a break, but here I am. Blame the herx I was having, or credit all the wonderful people who calmed and soothed my savage lyme. Either way, I think I really *need* you guys!)

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may take longer than you think on the results. Most of the time it takes 2-3 wks. I'm just telling you that so you will be prepared in case it does take that long.

I will pray you get the results ASAP!!!!!!

Your LLMD will treat you regardless of the test results, so don't worry about that. The herxing is NOT in your head, it's in your body!!

If you were taking abx every day, you would be herxing constantly. So your herxing is not "weird" by any stretch of the imagination.

Hang in there. We'll definitely hold your hand for you!!!! [group hug] [Smile] [group hug]

PS... Most lyme patients will herx after a massage. You must tell the therapist to go easy and then make sure you drink plenty of water afterwards and drink some antioxidants down.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both - Igenex just called and said they were faxing the results from all but two PCRs to my doc right now. The other two should be done this afternoon.

It's actually been two weeks to the day, but 11 business days counting today.

Igenex has been VERY nice and wonderful about letting me know the status of the tests. Plus, they don't think I'm crazy for calling to make sure they're faxed to my doc asap. So nice!

So now I'm just minutes away from knowing and I'm doing yoga and breathing deeply and trying very hard not to put my hopes on these tests.

Man, though. I'd *love* to be able to send copies of it to all my docs who *didn't* dx lyme. I guess we all feel like that, though, huh?

Edited to add: Thanks for the herx info, too. I was hoping for the clockwork herx, but so far it's a no-go with me. I didn't feel *any* different yesterday, which made me nervous. Hubby is very good about reminding me this is all a crap shoot.

The crappy part of the crap shoot is, how can I make *any* plans, ever?? He's going to be out of town this weekend and we're scrambling to find backup plans for me and our son if I herx horribly or something.

Thanks again,
Sarah

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dlp252
Member # 10711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlp252     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, I'm just about to go through testing (I see a LLMD for the first time on Tuesday), so I sort of understand what you mean! The same thought crossed my mind too...what if the tests come out negative! I'm trying not to think too much about it...I'll leave that until AFTER the test has been done, lol, but it's hard.

Thanks Cave for that post...I think I'll need to print it and keep it handy.

Posts: 83 | From us | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement