LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How's Dr. J's Hearing going?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How's Dr. J's Hearing going?
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Does anyone know how Dr. J's hearing went or is going?

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came to check and see how testimony went today.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking about the trial all day. Hoping, praying for good news...anyone?
Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
News, anybody? Bueller?
Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear All,

We're back after a very long day. The good news is that the turnout today was terrific - adults and kids filled the (smallish) room from NY, Maine, Florida, MA, and more.

Standing room only - someone counted about 75 people.

Some media people were there, including the folks from "Open Eye" productions.
The spirit of support for Dr. Jones was wonderful, as evidenced, for
example, by the handwritten greeting card which was being circulated among the
audience who wrote good wishes and signed it, in order fo it to be presented to
him later in the morning - and also by the number of very cute kids wearing
"Dr. Jones, We love You" t-shirts.

On a more frustrating note, the location was a little shabby room with paint
peeling off the walls and terrible accoustics down the road from the state
capitol and legislative office building - with a very remote parking lot
requiring shuttle bus service to the site. Not great while it was drizzling this
morning.

The explanation given for this (and for the fact that many ill patients had to stand in the back of a cramped room) was that the state
legislature is in session, and very few rooms were available to host the hearing. It
was hard at points to hear the testimony.

And, with Dr. Jones having prepped
himself for hours upon hours to explain and justify his approach to the
treatment of mycoplasm fermentans, the state attorney unexpectedly decided that
he no longer wished to question him on this matter.

We hope that Dr. Jones will have the opportunity to speak on the subject at some point, but it didn't happen today.

The ex-husband/father did testify as scheduled during the morning session.

Testimony via telephone also was given by one authority from the school, and
by two physicians who had treated the children previously in Nevada.

In part due to the time difference, and to scheduling difficulties on the part of
the professionals in Nevada, they didn't testify until much later in the afternoon, prompting a two-hour break.

As a result, the proceedings went unusually
late, making for the long day.

I will leave it for Sandy, with her usual dedicated and careful notetaking on her laptop, to post the details of what transpired.

The next session is scheduled for Thursday, May 31, at this point for a half day beginning at 9:00 a.m., location TBA.

Please mark the date on your calendars!

Many thanks to all of you who sent good wishes and good vibes, whether in person or from afar. Stay tuned for more info from Sandy.

Warmly,
Sheila

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Tin Cup, I know you must be tired and appreciate the report from today. I was just about to sign off.. and you responded. I can sleep a little better now..Thank you!!
Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update TC. Thanks to everyone who attended -- glad to see the good turnout.

Any clue if the next hearing will really be the last one?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the up date. I am glad it is being filmed.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you know.. I wasn't there. This came to me and was posted on sites... from Sheila who was there. They must all be exhausted.

Just figured everyone would want some news... like ME!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, TC!! I'm still praying for this angel of a man!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Tincup. I was wondering about the hearing all day today. And, thanks for going. Know you represent those of us from the West coast unable to make it.
Posts: 364 | From California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiz
Member # 10301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....still waiting for Sandy's report.

How does this wonderful man cope with the stress of this trial. Why is it dragging on so long?

Chiz

Posts: 67 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 7 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to those who attended the hearing and helped in any other way to support Dr. Jones through this exasperating time!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was there, though just too exhausted to stay until the very end of the hearing; i'd caught a 5:30 am bus from nyc that morning and by 1 pm was ready to collapse.

i did hear the father's testimony (yuck!), the five short minutes of testimony they allowed dr. jones before the 2 hour afternoon break, and the school authority's phone call.

the turnout was amazing, as mentioned before. in fact, the front desk workers, who were responsible for checking everyone in and handing out nametags, said they'd never seen such a huge turnout for a hearing in that building. they seemed to be genuinely awestruck and flabbergasted. i told them we had come from all over the country to prevent one of the most incredible pediatricians in the world from losing his medical license.

the most exciting part for me was finally having the opportunity to meet dr. jones and personally thank him for everything he does for lyme families and kids. he's my hero, and i told him so. it was really emotional for me; i almost started crying when he walked into the room!

as others who were there can probably attest, the father's testimony was just.. awful. he went on and on and on and it was more like a bad episode of divorce court than anything else. it makes me furious that dr. jones is embroiled in all of this bull****. it was clear to me that almost everything coming out of mr. sparks mouth was a lie.. and he was so terribly cocky the entire time, too. just awful, and it was so so hard not to, i don't know, start screaming or pounding the wall or SOMETHING. i just bit my lip and took A LOT of deep breaths.

[shake]

so much love and gratitude to everyone who showed up!!

[group hug]

[ 21. April 2007, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: heiwalove ]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bumping this up [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you Sandy?

We need to know what was said and what was the meaning.

[ 21. April 2007, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Areneli ]

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kay, thanks for asking; i came here to read all the news i could! fantastic 75 folks there, but BUMMER THEY HAD TO STAND; THE OVERFLOW! [cussing]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement