LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chorella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chorella
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried doing a search for this but search engine does not want to work for me....

Where is the best place to order it, Who has the best made?

Also has it helped or hurt you in your treatment...?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct spelling is chlorella.

I'm allergic to it so others will hopefully come along with their experiences and opinions.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.biopureus.com

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ByronSBell,

I'm using a 'cheaper' brand because I find it too tiring to order from so many different places. I already have an account with iherb.com and so this is what I am taking: Chlorenergy.

The first time I took it it seemed like I had the runs for a couple of days, but if you search the forums, you will see advice to start slow, etc.

Also, the advice has been to take it 1/2 hour before meals so that it's mineral rich materials are positioned to mop up any toxins released with your digestive processes. (to keep the toxins from recirculating into your body instead of heading out of your body).

Now that you've got the spelling down, do a search. You will find lots of helpful info! [Smile]

Healing thoughts.

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just ordered chlorella tablets from biopure. what i'm wondering is, just how slow should i start? i've read GiGi's posts cautioning to make sure to take ENOUGH chlorella, so that the metals are mopped up and not just moved around.

any ideas?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella from vitacost.com. for a couple of years. It helped a lot with detox from the die off.

I had to start really slowly, with one capsule every 3 or 4 days! It took me over a year to build up to 4 caps, 3 X daily. Each cap had 500 mgs.

I just switched to a whole food supplement by Doctor's Nutrition called "Greens First". This has chlorella in it, and was prescribed by my TCM doctor. I don't know if it will work as well, since I've been off my Lyme tx for quite awhile due to severe GI problems.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand it is worth it to purchase chlorella from a reputable company.

Just as chlorella will absorb mercury from the body, it can also absorb mercury from the environment where it is produced.

We don't want to unwittingly consume the agent we are trying to expell.

However, I do not know which brands ae considered safe and which ones are not.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know anything about Sun Chlorella? It seems to be okay but doesn't specifically say that it doesn't contain mercury.

I know Biopure is the best but may be running out of time to order it before dental work.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

wait... what type of chlorella do I order?
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for GiGi or Selma 'cuz they know best. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one item where we only buy Biopure (tablets). I know for certain that the quality is watched carefully. Most other chlorella is collected at a central point from all growers and sold to the highest bidder. Chlorella has to be grown with great care, cleanest environment possible, in order to be toxin-free.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

thanks GiGi. what about starting dosage?

--------------------

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elyte is another brand that is grown only by them and it is a very good product. My LLMD has me on it (4 tabs 2x per day).
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Can someone point me towards the right product to order, I am desperate! Which one do I buy...?
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

bump^ [Roll Eyes]
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, Please read Scott's post and read my post --- above. The answer is right there.

Mojo, Elyte is not a chlorella as far as I know. It is a brand of electrolytes in liquid form -- the minerals most of us lack and need for detoxing. I was not aware that it was in tablet form - never seen it that way, and can't imagine it being produced that way. But Elyte definitely has nothing to do with chlorella which is a plant grown in water, not earth.

Heiwalove, read www.neuraltherapy.com/articles.
The Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol explains exactly how and what to do if you don't tolerate chlorella. I started with 5-10 tablets and increased to the handful as I was detoxing. It worked fine. Read the articles --- in other words, if you are moving metals, more is better than too little.

Also read my post on chlorella - explaining what it contains, when to take it, etc. I have posted it umpteen times. Just do a search.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take the Biopure version in Europe, from the INK. I take the vulgaris, tablets too, I can't complain at all, it's been my best friend in my whole lyme treatment!

My daughter takes in powder though.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I know Biopure but there are about 5 or 6 different types of chlorella...?
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean by types of chlorella? Here in the INK I can only chose 2 species, the pyrenoidosa and the vulgaris. There are different sources (companies). Then you can chose powder, capsule, pills....
Can you be more clear?

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

on their website it has more than 6 different kinds
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I did chlorella for about 2 years, and before this for about 2 years, and feel it did little to help with the mercury. I felt it may? have built me up and strengthened me, a little,

not sure. I did the DMPS injections, and the first one I had, REALLY detoxed me. The next injection was done a month later and had much less detox reaction.

I feel chlorella may help in some say, but after feeling what the DMPS did, and seeing that I was not reacting to the chemicals

as much at all with my breathing.

The DMPS did it, not the chlorella. My NP at that time was right, he said that the oral chelation was NOT really effective,

what the DMPS could do in a very short time, the oral chelation would take years, years.

This is my experience with it.

Trish

[ 25. April 2007, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Health ]

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there.. I have purchased the pure chlorella pyrenoidosa which is the first option you will see on the Biopure page. I also have used the Sun Chlorella brand, and Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella from www.luckyvitamin.com. Biopure is most likely the best, however I have been told the other two brands test "clean" by other lyme patients that get their supplements muscle tested. Chlorella needs to be chewed before meals. When I take it faithfully, around 30 a day in two seperate doses, I feel good. Gigi, member #259 has some excellent posts re: chlorella.

Hope this helps

Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Thanks that is what I needed to know!
hardynaka
Member # 8099

I just checked what you mean. They dont' have chlorella vulgaris (the one I take), only chlorella pyrenoidosa (a bit more difficult to digest).

The rest are CGF and an extract of chlorella, it seems. I'm not familiar with the extract (1:18). I wonder if this is used for the same purpose of the whole plant...

CGF is also an 'extract', not the whole plant(it's white in color while the plant is deep green).

I guess then that's the first one of the list, pure chlorella pyrenoidosa?

Selma

Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor sells this brand of Chlorella:

E-Lyte Chlorella

I've been using it for years and it works good but is expensive.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement