LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New symptom...quick question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New symptom...quick question...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK,
so I know that spontaneous bruising and odd random red/purple spots are most likely caused by Babs, right?

So...

what causes your skin/muscle tissue to FEEL very bruised (slight touch) when there is no obvious sign of any bruising and you KNOW that you didn't hurt yourself in that location?

Babs again?

Thanks in advance!
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One reason that I know of are trigger points. They can sometimes hurt to the touch and are very painful. Search here for trigger points for more info.

I hope someone else will come along with more info.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't tell you why this happens, but I can tell you that this very thing happened on numerous areas while my husband was being treated with mepron/zith for babs.

Just the slightest touch on certain areas was very painful. Seems to have eased up since being off of babs treatment.

Not much help, I know--hope you feel better.

Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babs herx.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you each so much!

Terry,
I think I do have trigger point issues, but this is not the same, as in it is not in specific small locations, but more like large patches.

Sojourner,
Yes, I am also on the mepron/zith/art protocol, so it seems to correlate.

TC,
Well now, that explains all the other nasties coming back out of hiding. (fever, nausea, insomnia, chills, extreme fatigue, etc.) Wicked, wicked Bug!

M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*nods*
wicked and strange!

More things that can hurt than anyone could have imagined. [Roll Eyes]

I've had things hurt like that and then have a bruise apppear days later, go figure!

I hope the herx is short lived, Melanie. [Frown]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it is a herx... or else it had something to do with talking to me on the phone earlier?

[Big Grin]

Sorry for the short answer above.. I was on the phone again... and again... and again. Just got off.

So my guess would be a babs herx... OR maybe even the neurotoxin protocol? Even if going 1/4 the dose.. it can cause some wicked stuff to happen.

Actually that is the kind of pain that I describe as feeling like my skin was removed.. then the meat underneath was put through a meat grinder.. then it was pressed back into shape... and then the skin was put back in place over it.

If it doesn't hurt quite that much right now... it will. Sorry!!!! I DO hope you will feel better quickly!!! That is some nasty stuff.

And I can tell you keep looking at the affected areas.. thinking WHY don't I see a bruise there... cause that is how it feels... so, logically there should be one... but there isn't.

Am I close?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi melanie,

i get a sensation that sensation - it comes and goes--

the doc call this hyperthesia- they tell me
the nerves are shot ( I knew that!!?!)

Irritated nerve ending from the toxins
hope it goes away!!

[Smile]

mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup- trueblue- I also got those spots where I would have that pain and then later a bruise would appear-

Babs!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie watch that your not getting drug induced fevers I did it lasted 30 days sweats chills fevers high and low dang near offed me whew! as soon as I stopped the mepron they stopped the next day. Check with your doctor that its not that now granted this was about the third month i was on mepron when it started.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Hey BlueBird,
Sorry, I KNOW you are having your own Babs party over there. Feel better soon.

TC,
Forgive me for pretty much hanging up on you...nausea overcame me. But I DO appreciate the follow-up call! And YES, I had forgotten all about the CSM...can I add cognitive issues to the symptom list? Ground up flesh pretty much does describe this, thanks for that.

Mag,
Yes, quite a few of my PN and other misc. nerve issues are misbehaving and even switching sides right now. It feels like the bugs are packing up and looking for new places to take up residence!

CaliforniaLyme,
Thanks for your input as well.

Tree-hugger,
Hey Dearheart, so sorry to know you have been through the ringer recently. I do hope things are calming down? I've had to stop all meds a couple of times in the last year due to toxin overload, but think I am OK with it now.

I really don't want to keep interrupting the Mepron specifically (and my doc wholeheartedly agrees) due to all I have read re: Babs resistance. Although, I am well aware that sometimes meds just have to be stopped to clear everything out. (Learned that the hard way a few times now)

Again...THANK YOU to each!
M

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melanie Reber:
Hey BlueBird,

Tree-hugger,
Hey Dearheart, so sorry to know you have been through the ringer recently. I do hope things are calming down? I've had to stop all meds a couple of times in the last year due to toxin overload, but think I am OK with it now.

I really don't want to keep interrupting the Mepron specifically (and my doc wholeheartedly agrees) due to all I have read re: Babs resistance. Although, I am well aware that sometimes meds just have to be stopped to clear everything out. (Learned that the hard way a few times now)

Again...THANK YOU to each!
M

Well heres just my weekend nephew got ran over with a farm tractor hes doing okay needs prayers.
Iam still fighting the headchest cold flu virus and my aunt died too this is my life. But Gods got it under control and Iam getting stronger in my ability to deal with problems.

Now back to you dear one just keep track of the stuff I told you and listen to someone around you that is keeping a eye on you because when this fever/high/low thing happens and herx's are thrown in its hard to make good dicisions when you are under that type of stress. It dosent hurt to check with LLMD luvya!!!

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement