LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » heart palps mostly in the middle of the night.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: heart palps mostly in the middle of the night.
LZOChicago
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LZOChicago     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all-

I have had Lyme for almost 3 years now, (antibx for one year), and in the past couple of weeks I have been waking up in the middle of the night with what feels like my heart racing.

It does happen during the day too. When I take my pulse it is in the normal high range - around 70.

I am on Biaxin and Plaquenil (since January).

Does anyone have insight to this? i don't know much about the cardio issues with Lyme. I had an EKG in December before starting the Biaxin/plaquenil and it was normal.

Thanks for any insight!!

Posts: 117 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your heart feels "funny" I would make your dr aware of it. Lyme can cause heart problems that need to be addressed.

What is the normal range?

Mine is usually about 90 sitting doing nothing unless fatigue is very bad ...

then I think evrything in my body starts to fall asleep - my brain my heart all just sleeping [sleepy]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I get this too. Usually I'll be asleep and wake up with this. Drinking alcohol made me have this too.

I've had ultrasounds on my heart, and worn holter monitors, and the Drs just say it's skipped heart beats or mild tachycardia. One Doc said I might have mitral valve prolapse...

Basically never really got a definate answer. But I had them pre lyme treatment and still have it now. So hopefully these symptoms will go away. And hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the same thing and have for a few years now.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you usually laying on your left side when this happens at night? If so, the odds are overwhelming that it's a Mitral Valve Prolapse.

You are at the right stage for it....it usually develops in the 2nd or 3rd year of the disease.

Ask your doc for a referral to a Cardiologist for an echocardiogram (a painless ultrasound of the heart). VERY IMPORTANT = drink as little as you can stand for 12 hours before the echocardiogram, or a mild MVP can be missed. As many as 40% of MVP's are missed because ducks don't tell patients this.

It is important to know if you have an MVP, since you must take certain types of ABX before all procedures that may involve bleeding, even having your teeth cleaned, in order to prevent the small but deadly risk of getting bacterial endocarditis.

It can be treated to help lessen the palpitations by drinking a quart of water per 50 lbs. body weight per day to hydrate the valve, and by taking a highly absorbable form of Magnesium, like Mg citrate, to bowel tolerance, daily. IMO, all valve problems have Mg deficiency at the root of them,and we know that Bb causes massive loss of Mg.

Best wishes,

Klutzo (I have 3 prolapsed valves)

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At night I always associate it with Babesiosis!!!

My palps went away with 2 years of Mepron but I still have my MVP!!!! Wow- klutz- 3 valves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!
I see a cardio too-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

Crazy heart beat is most likely Babs--
symptoms usually get worse at night
and when laying down----Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LZOChicago
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LZOChicago     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies! I think I started two posts by mistake...

I think you all might be right about babs. I've always suspected this, but never tested positive for it. The Dr B (retired now) didn't think so, or that it was active, and Dr. P in CT didn't think so at first meeting, but I have a handful of the symptoms, and responded well to Zithromax before I was even diagnosed...I used to get shortness of breath, and now feels like I have less lung capacity.

If it is Babs, does it cause permanent damage to the heart, or do things resolve with treatment? Is Babs something that can "go away" for the most part after treatment??

Thanks again!

Posts: 117 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LZOChicago
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8641

Oh and it happens 99% in middle of night, and not when I am on my left side. I'm usually on my back or right side.
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Babesia to me. Try to get some EAV or ART or other energetic testing done to see if you can confirm. For me, those options have been so beneficial. Take care

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biaxin XL (as opposed to normal Biaxin) caused new and frightening heart problems for me. Just a thought.

ESG

Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement