LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » When does the pain stop and the fatigue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When does the pain stop and the fatigue
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does the severe fatigue and all the muscle and joint pain stop. I slept 2 hours last night because of the muscle twitches and pain.

I have been on antibiotics for about 6 weeks but the fatigue is worse instead of better, I think. I thought the pain in my hands, elbows, shoulders and kneees would get better too. But that has not happend either.

The doc says to give it time. But I really need to go back to work. But, like my husband says, if I cant make it up at home for more than a few minutes I am not going to make it to work.

Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Sorry that you have been having a hard time.

Fatigue an insomnia together is a wicked brew.

Do you know how long you have had lyme?

I felt worse on abx, then fatigue and pain started lifting in about 6 months; 12 more months and I am much much better and off.

My LLMD says continue abx til you are symptom free.

When I or my kids got too miserable, we cut down the dose or with my son went to MWF dosing.

Also, we needed sleep and pain meds to get through.

Take Care,

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds very normal. The only way out is THROUGH.

Just hang with us for support. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

I'm at 6 months of treatment. At this point I have noticed that my brain function and eye sight has improved slightly. However, fatigue, muscle tremmor and pain has set in.

We are all different, but from what I am going though, sometimes your main symptoms improve only to surface new ones.

I also got new issues once I switched abx. Again, its a good sign that you are herxing.. your killing the bugs. Gotta get through it.

Talk to your doc about Provigil. It has helped me with the fatigue, but it's expensive.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD started me on NT Factor last month. I don't know if I've just had a major breakthrough or if it's the NT Factor, but after my last herx two weeks ago I jumped from 25% to 50%.

I don't feel nearly as fatigued as before, though I still have many of the annoying babs symptoms -- air hunger, heart palps, and Lyme symptoms. The fatigue is still there, but I'm more functional than I've been in two years.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gailsy
Member # 10536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gailsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can take a long time for things to even out. I also felt the same way as you when things started out. Very tired. Even after 7 months of daily treatment tiredness can creep in. So if you can take a nap during the day that is really good. Your immune system is working hard to fight what is going on so it's no wonder you are tired. Go with it and let your body have the rest it needs. Best of luck.
Posts: 31 | From Bloomfield, New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have only been treated for 6 weeks, then you have a long way to go. How long have you been sick? Are you co-infected? What is your current protocol? Any other health issues?

It took me 3 years of treatment to be able to function, and 5 years to be able to work again.

Everyone IS different...need more info.
the good news is that as long as you are aggressively treated, you can get better. [Smile]

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement