LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New with Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New with Questions
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and TIA to anyone who has the time to answer. =)

I'm new here. Mom of 3 with one on the way. My dh, my kids, and I all have been diagnosed with Lyme. And since I'm pregnant, new baby will most likely have Lyme as well. [Frown] So I'm working on dh and I, along with an 8, 5, 2 year olds, and baby on the way - to help us be as healthy as possible and kick these bugs to the curb.

My treatment is currently suspended, except for nutriceuticals. Everyone else is on an antibiotic rotation, along with vit C, probiotics, and t36-c5 oil. We also take our vitamins, omegas, pro-vex cv, eat generally healthy, and have a rebounder. I'm looking for anything easy to add to our regimen. We just got our CD-57 NK cell results back and, while promising, everyone is still in active lyme.

What do you think about the following? Any personal experience? We are already spending so much money between the tests, vitamin C, probiotics... I need to balance effectiveness with additional cost.

Mangosteen / Xango? I have a friend who supplied us with a few free bottles. It was very tolerable, easy to give to the kids. Is it worth the cost? I saw it was mentioned in the Top 10 Book?

Chlorella Our doc recommended this and I was reading up more here. Is www.biopureus.com the best place to get this? Doc just said I should be able to get it at the health food store, but I wasn't sure.

Detox foot bath Where would you buy one? Effective/helpful? There is a local doc that I know that just got one and offers treatments, but its a little expensive. I'm not sure of the namebrand that she has. Cheaper to buy one?

Again, thank you for your time. I know its a sacrifice to give to someone you don't know.

Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mommy of 3,(almost 4)

Wow. You certainly have your hands full with you and three children having Lyme.

And with a new baby on the way...Double Wow!

God bless you....

I am currently awaiting Igenex testing on my 5 and 4 yr old....Both their Dad and I have Lyme and co-infections.

I do take the mangosteen....I find it helps me a lot.

There are many here on the board who can attest to what it does for them and how it makes them feel.

Do a search under Mangosteen and you may get more info regarding this.

I would ask though how much would be an appropriate dosage (based on child's weight).

I don't really know enough about the other two questions,

But did want to respond again with Wow!!!

My hat is off to you....

Congrats on the new baby.

Hang in there.

Sending you and your whole family healing thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Welcome!

Wish you guys weren't dealing with lyme. Hopefully we will be a help to you.

Are your kids real symptomatic right now. It sounds like a lot.

My two, 15 and 13 have lyme and they are getting better but its been rough.

I have read here on this site that specific abx during pregnancy can help a baby in utero be protected from lyme.

You can read about it under "Newbie Links" in Medical.

Best Wishes,

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by char:
Are your kids real symptomatic right now. It sounds like a lot.

No they aren't. We are some of the lucky ones who happened to have a really smart family doc who is lyme literate. My youngest has food allergies, but we don't have a family history plus he was exclusively breastfed and didn't start solids until 10 mo. Between that and the fact that I was just little more tired than a mom of 3 who is nursing a baby typically is. Our doc suggested a lyme test through Igenex. The kids have never had a tick on them (to my knowledge) and dh and I haven't ever had any suspicious tick bites, although we saw plenty while playing on the farm as kids.

All in all, we are very lucky. We have very few symptoms at all. And without our doctor, may never have suspected lyme, or that we were even sick. All of the symptoms that we have, we had just marked up to the fact that we have three young kids and never get enough sleep.

Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really sorry to hear that you and your family all have to deal with this illness. I have only one child to treat, in addition to myself, and I often find that overwhelming.

Here is a link to a recent topic on foot detox baths. It will list some different machines to google, of varying costs. There may be other machines as well, that I am unfamiliar with.

Mine has really helped reduce some of the toxic effects of the illness. And when my daugther started having strong mood swings in 7th grade as a result of the illness, it really helped.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=052860

Regarding chlorella, I know that biopure is a very high quality product. Because chlorella absorbs different toxins, one has to be concerned about the environment in which it is grown. Source Naturals seemed okay for me, but I never had it tested to know for sure.

I have heard many good things about mangosteen, but I have not taken it myself.

Best wishes,

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mommy of almost 4 [Wink]

The Xango has helped me a lot. I've slept better than I have in years. I took lots of strong pain meds before, even the scary Xyrem which knocks you out. I don't take anything now.

It also helped me with hypercoagulation (thick blood). I took Heparin shots for one year but then as I started the Xango, my blood became too thin so I stopped the Heparin. Now my blood is normal.

I think it slowly regulates whatever our body needs to have regulated. Everybody has different health issues addressed while taking Xango.

It is totally worth the money so if you can buy it from your friend, I definitely would. It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic ~ hopefully your friend can give you some brochures on it.

It has helped with my fatigue (not completely as i'm still tired - I went from about 30% to 60 or 70% right away), it has helped my MIL who is in here 80's. She has been on it a year and sees continual improvement in different areas. She isn't using her cane now when she gets up to use the restroom at night. It took a lot of her arthritic pain away.

The Chlorella is awesome stuff. If you do a search under GiGi on here, you will find tons of information on natural ways to go.

I don't know about detox baths but a lot on here, me included, use detox foot pads each night. They help me a lot with headaches (the kind you wake up with) and they help detox our bodies. The website is Health marvels dot net.

I also use a steam tent with oxygen/ozone but don't know if that would be good while pregnant. It also helps with deep sleep.

Welcome to the board,

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the responses. There is definitely a lot to learn here and I appreciate the support. Managing the health (lyme) of all 6 of us can be overwhelming. I'm about to make a wall chart so I can keep track of everyones stuff.

My husband mostly wants me to sit back and let it go. Just listen to our doc and follow his regimen. Then he comes home with tension and his neck bothering him and he's really tired and I'm supposed to just sit back? [Roll Eyes] I'm a chemist turned stay at home mom. What else do I have to research but our health?

savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to be an abx while pregnant! This will prevent transmission to the baby.
Please find a llmd to prescribe you meds. Make sure you tell them you are pregnant due to waiting lists.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

quote:
Originally posted by savebabe:
You have to be an abx while pregnant! This will prevent transmission to the baby.
Please find a llmd to prescribe you meds. Make sure you tell them you are pregnant due to waiting lists.

Thanks for your concern. I do have a LLMD, a very good one. The most recommended abx to take while pg, happens to be one that I cannot take. I was previously on Diflucan, but we suspended that as it is not considered safe to take while pg. Both of my little ones are (in all probability) congenital lyme babies. My step-dd is also infected, but her test results are so different that we really believe she was recently infected. So, we pray. Hopefully this baby will at least be symptom free like my younger dd and more hopefully not be infected at all.
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a reason you can't take ceftin during your pregnancy? My sister who has lyme took it during her pregnancy and the baby, born in Dec., appears to be fine for now.
Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allison Smith
Member # 11631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allison Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mommy of 3...almost 4.

I myself am a mother of 6 kids, ages 7 yrs. to 1 yr. It's almost certain all my kids have this dreaded disease. I was infected with Lymes while pregnant with all six and myself was NEVER treated and still not treated for Lymes. When diagnosed they said I had it most my life. Growing up was very difficult and I was always sick. Do not give up on your kids, demand that they get everything they need. If not, they will end up like me...I'm barely walking right now and it's not fun. I myself am still trying to fine a LLMD. I know it's hard with small kids, trust me, but you are very lucky to have a LLMD and just keep pursuing treatment for everyone.

Much luck!

Posts: 94 | From Greenville, Tx | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Xango is worth every single penny. It's changed my life so completely.

I hope you find what works for you. I'm sorry you are trying to keep an entire family well! With Lyme, it's hard!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

quote:
Originally posted by Lymeindunkirk:
Is there a reason you can't take ceftin during your pregnancy? My sister who has lyme took it during her pregnancy and the baby, born in Dec., appears to be fine for now.

I'm not sure what ceftin in. I'll add that to my list of questions for my doctor. I'll be asking him about abx again soon. Last time we talked he said that I didn't need them while pg, that they actually see women improve while pg due to hormones and temperature increase (lyme turns temps down to survive, but pg raises it). But at the time, I would not have been able to stomach any abx any way and I'm allergic to penn and penn derivs.
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lyme, my husband has lyme, and my three daughters have lyme, ages 8, 13, and 16.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Ever need to talk, send me a private message. I can be a good listener.

mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement