LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cats Claw and Lyme Titer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats Claw and Lyme Titer?
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaime1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read some posts in here that lead me to

believe that if I take the herb catsclaw it would

help to get a positive reading on my blood work.

Is that true for the lyme titer test too? Does

anyone know how long I have to take it before

doing the blood work?

Thank you [Smile]

jaime

Posts: 151 | From ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen posts that say whether that works or not, but PLEASE, if anyone has any results where it did work this way (for example if you'd had a negative, then took cats' claw, then got a positive on a succeeding test), please tell us as it would be a great tool for those patients who do not test positive initially.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha,

I'm trying it as we speak.....I had a negative

ELISA, and just ordered the comlete Lyme Panel

from IGeneX. I've been taking Cat's Claw for 2

days.... doing all I can, naturally to bring

those critters to the surface...

I'll let you know what happens.....

Mahalo~

Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering why you would even bother with the Lyme titer?? They are grossly inaccurate.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Searching4Answers
Member # 11079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Searching4Answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, what is the best test for lyme disease?
Posts: 69 | From Washington | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaime1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,
I'm so new to this. My regular doc laughed when

I brought up the possibility that I have had lyme

for 20 years. He said it's very unlikely. But I

got him to agree to run a blood test. I figure

it's a starting point. I really don't know what

to do or where to turn. Not sure what comes

first, you know? So I've read about the cat's

claw, and thought if I can bring it to the

surface I could get underway. I know this is

lyme. Of that list of symtpoms, there are only

a few I dont have. And I know for a fact I had

two ticks burrowed into my back.

What test do you reccomend I ask for , for a

diagnosis?

Posts: 151 | From ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask him to run a Western Blot and not to bother with the ELISA. But he will still not know how to read it. But it will help you to determine if you have it or not.

The best thing to do when you go back to see him is to print out Dr. B's guidelines and bring them with you. Also the symptom checklist, check off all that apply to you so he can see the big picture. Hopefully he will run the tests and read the guidelines and figure out how to interpret the results.

Good luck,
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

well I have been googling cat's claw and have

found that a lot of articles say if you take TOA

free cat's claw you can have amazing results in

lyme treatment. Go look under my post of "found

something, what do you think". I also found

this that I am copy and pasting, so I am not sure

that cats claw would help to give a positive

test result :

A pilot study treated 28 patients with Advanced Chronic Lyme Disease with TOA-free Uncaria tomentosa (cat's claw). Conventional cat's claw contains TOA alkaloids that interfere with the desired immune modulation. The 14 person control group was given antibiotic therapy. At the study's termination 85 % of those receiving the cat's claw preparation no longer had positive blood tests for Bb. All 28 persons had experienced a dramatic improvement in their clinical condition. No significant changes were seen in the control group.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I think cat's claw is way over-rated, but if that's all you've got...go for it.

I agree with Lisi...Get a Western Blot done...preferably at Igenex Lab in CA.

It is not that uncommon to have had Lyme for 20 yrs. I think I've had it for at least 48 yrs, going on 49.

I was not dxd until Aug 2000.

If you need names of LLMD's in OH, let me know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will second Lymetoo on this statement:

"Personally, I think cat's claw is way over-rated, but if that's all you've got...go for it"

I have yet to find anything that will work for real.. just help so long as you take it.. and then when you stopp a month or less you have full symptomology returning.. SUX I hate this !
HUgs to all of you!
LIndaD

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement