LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GiGi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GiGi
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Ive read some of your posts and would like to know a good starting place to get alternative knowlege.

We dont have access right now to abx or a good LLMD.
I HAVE to rely on natural remedies at the moment and its getting frustrating.

The only tried and true in our house has been the PH Miracle book written by the Youngs.

I know the info is out there and there is good info.

I remember reading what you had posted to someone aabout sleep disturbances and possibles causes/txs.

Thats the kind of info I am looking for.

Husband and son have cognitive issues that are not going away. Green diet alone isnt helping either.
Thats just one issue I am trying to get natural info on.

I can read technical stuff and understand it much better than being able to explain it to someone else.

Do you have any recommendations as far as alternative healing books and info along that lines.

Not looking for a cure, just a better bat to manage symptoms and get a better quality of life going for my family.

oops....forgot to add the important disclaimer that I take all advice/recomendations at my own risk and hold nothing against anyone if it doesnt work for me [Smile]

Thanks,
ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing Lyme by Buhner is a good start. My web site talks about my thoughts as well. www.BetterHealthGuy.com

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Steven Buhner's book offers a lot of info.
However, if you/family is heavy metal toxic, as most everyone is with a chronic disease, his book is almost silent on that fact.

We live in a toxic environment. We breathe fumes from the cars around us and we have mercury in the body from amalgams, or reactions to gold/palladium crowns. These toxins affect our cognitive abilities and they suppress our immune systems all the way to the gut problems. So you need to remove all these sources as much as possible in order to make any headway -- no green is going to help you to remove these substances from the intracellular tissue.

Wisdom teeth and dental infections are major problems for many.

I don't know of any book that covers it all. Hulda Clark scares me, because it makes one feel so helpless unless locked in a bubble.
A. Weil breathes and eats mushrooms............

Artifically balancing the ph is not a good idea because many toxins (heavy metals) go into solution in an acidic environment.

If you do not use antibiotics, you are ahead of the game in some ways because it appears that the residue of sulfa drugs in the tissue will not let us take up sulfur-containing nutrients (glutathione, DMSA, methionine, etc.)and detox agents that are necessary to get many of the toxins out of our system.

Toxic teeth is another hangup - if that is a problem.

A good start is eating foods that do not act as an allergen. Check your pulse before you eat, and eat, then check your pulse again a bit later. If your pulse rises more than 4 points, assume that the food consumed is acting as a stressor to your body. If you suspect a certain food, eat it alone, so that you can pin it down.

Vary foods widely - not eating the same foods day-in and day-out. The best of food can be an allergic stressor to your body, and that alone can affect your moods, digestion, brain functions, etc.

No book covers it all -

Take care.

P.S. If you eat the green foods all the time, your body is pushed into detox mode all the time and it will backfire in a way that you turn allergic to the substance - even though it may be the best and expensive form of supplementation. You are asking your organs to keep working overtime and this is the quickest way turn it into a negative. I have learned never to take anything, any supplement, any food all the time, without a break.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with GiGi - this can be a complex, full-time job unwinding the puzzle. Metals are HUGE!

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up.....

[so I can find it again for more questions [Smile] ]

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement