LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cumanda and Samento protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cumanda and Samento protocol
Lil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody tried this protocol and made any progress?

Would you mind posting your experiences cos I have real problem tolerating antibiotics cos of severe yeast issues and severe migraines from the drugs.

Posts: 146 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did samento for a little over a month, I went through 3 rough herxes at first followed by feeling better, then I just plateaud and wasn't getting anywhere so now I am being treated by a LLMD
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think alternating Banderol and Cumanda may be better than Samento and Cumanda. Banderol seems to be emerging as a better option than Samento.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi haven't heard of Banderol have you any further info?

Actually looking back at my diary I did do quite well on the Samento way back on 2004 but messed things up by adding the antibiotics.

Thanks
Lil

Posts: 146 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used cumanda to control yeast and had great results. I never used samento, just the cumanda because I stopped responding to the antifungals meds.

I can't follow the yeast diet because of GI issues. I can only tolerate carb-heavy foods. All my thrush disapeared on cumanda.

And this was while on abx.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pages/banderol.htm

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this site you guys, its the site for Nutramedix in Ecuador. It has more info on the herbs than the USA site [Smile] Banderol can be bought there.

www.nutramedix.cc

NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, here is a link to a question posed to Stephen Buhner on Cumanda.

http://tinyurl.com/yrpn5b

[ 12. May 2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: NorthernLyme1 ]

Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildCondor:
Try this site you guys, its the site for Nutramedix in Ecuador. It has more info on the herbs than the USA site [Smile] Banderol can be bought there.

www.nutramedix.cc

This is the first time I have heard of the Banderol. So I went to the site you recommended.

It SOUNDS like a miracle drug, but IS it, REALLY?

I didn't see any prices on the site. HOW MUCH is it? WHAT about shipping. I am in the USA.

Jim [Cool]

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wildcondor and jimbob,

Pretty sure the U.S. site is the same as the other one.

http://www.nutramedix.com

This is the site I used a couple of weeks ago to order Cumanda and Takuna for hubby. Can't decide if the Takuna (an antiviral herb)is helping or hurting or if hubby's babs symptoms are just totally out of control right now.

Hubby says the Burbur and Parsley actually do help some with detox -- hard for him to explain how they help except that they just make him feel a little better.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Banderol tests incredibly well in my limited testing of it with ART. I am on it now at 20 drops twice a day. Dr. C. told me personally that he now considers this to likely be a better option than Samento. I am doing Banderol and Cumanda on a two week alternating schedule....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for those needing more clarity...

One site (U.S.) is for ordering product (has pricing info).

Other site (Equador) lists more details/research/etc. but no pricing info.

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot take ABX, so this has been my only tx.

I have not taken Banderol.

Took Cumanda for four months at max dose. Noticed herxing the first 3 months or so, then nothing.

Took Samento for over 3 years, including 6 months where I also took tons of Garlic (Zhang Protocol) and one where I also took Cumanda (Cowden Protocol). Herxed like crazy on low doses of Samento, had some minor improvement.

Stopped 12/06 because I was sick to death of herxing all the time and never being able to get anywhere near the 40 drops per day dosage of Samento. Nine drops was the higest I ever got, and that was brutal, even with plenty of detox.

Have gone downhill rapidly since then, but can't go back on Samento right now because I developed Gastritis, duodenitis, esophagitis and gallbladder disease as soon as I stopped taking it. The anti-inflammatory properties in it must have been holding these things at bay. I am now just recovering from gallbladder removal.

My EGD showed intestinal metaplasia (irreversable) and chronic gastritis, and I am left wondering if irritation from Samento caused it, so I am afraid to take it again.

If Banderol does not cause the herxing Samento does, but still helps, I may try it, though my TCM doc wants me to try a homeopathic called "Lyme D" next, but I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me if Banderol causes incapacitating herxing or GI symptoms?

Klutzo

P.S. Re: The link to Buhner's response on a question about Cumanda....it reads to me like he is saying no herbals or ABX except antimalarials can penetrate deeply enough into the body to kill Bb. Yet, antimalarials do not kill Bb, just Babs, right? So, it seems he is negating his own protocol with this answer, or is my brain malfunctioning more than usual?

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think it is likely that Banderol and anything else that works for that matter would cause herx reactions. There is not a killing agent that I know of that won't if it works and the person is someone that generally does have herx reactions.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info on Banderol, Scott. It does seem like a promising product.

What's the enhancement that Nutramedix does to the product that makes it different from a simple tincture? Would anyone know?

For how long are you on Banderol? Does ART shows it gets the bartonella for your case?

And Klutzo, congrats on your gall bladder removal. I mean, it was what you really wanted, glad to see ducks decided to listen to you.

As for Buhner's answer, I think he just doesn't know much info on Cumanda, if it really crosses b/b barrier and act intracellular.

I think the rule with antimalarials is just a 'rough' rule to find good herbs to treat lyme, as antimalarial drugs get into cells and must cross blood-brain barrier. That's how I understood it.

My interpretation!
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4853

Thanks for all the interesting posts. I am now up to 5 drops x 2 daily with the Cumanda and so far nothing bad just a bit of catarrh in the mornings.

Still got a bit of a sore throat which I have had for a couple of weeks now.

I don't think I can get the Banderol in the UK yet so will probably go back to the Samento in a couple of weeks.

Did anybody try doing Cumanda plus Samento at the same time? One site mentioned that it was quite common for people to do this.

Lil

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the cunmanda but it gave me GI problems, mainly bad gas. People think, oh bad gas ...thats not to bad, but I literally could not go out in public or be around other people ~ It was uncontrollable.

I did try to work up in very small incraments but it was just not good with my system.

Hope you have better luck with it.
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a 2 1/2 months to work up to 12 drops/twice daily of Cumanda. I herxed all the time, but the Burbur drops helped. The Parlsey drops did not.

I was going to try the Samento down the road, but Scott makes a good recommendation to use the Banderol.

Scott, was it the Man himself who recommended banderol over samento, or another doctor? Coming from the Man who developed the protocol, that really means something.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement