LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » worthwhile reading

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worthwhile reading
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/L-townsendapr07.pdf
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clancy
Member # 8774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GiGi, Thanks for the article, just printed it out.
Posts: 67 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi,
I also printed this one out.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!! His protocol has sure changed completely since I first used it. No wonder people are posting, saying it is too complicated to follow. I did not understand what they meant before reading this, having used his original protocol. Just reading all this complicated stuff made my head spin.

Some of the changes are shocking. If I took 20 drops of Samento at bedtime, I would never sleep again. In fact, if I took 20 drops of Samento in one dose at any time, I would be in the ER with cardiac symptoms. Samento is very stimulating, causing alertness and being very energizing.

Samento certainly works for me if herxing is an indication of "working", but after 3 years on it, I can't say I am improved, so I guess I should give up, since it said it should only take 3 months to see major improvement.

Burbur, so highly touted as a detox agent in this protocol, did zilch to detox me. Neither did Parsley. Chlorella helped, but not enough.

The fact that he includes no warning about how extremely dangerous Quina can be to the heart and respiratory system, makes me question everything else he says now. (Quina was not part of the original protocol). I am not saying do not take Quina, only be careful. Many of these items are prescription drugs where they come from in So. America. They are just as strong as drugs.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klutzo, please note that Dr. C. has his patients go through an intense cleanse before they are ready for his protocol. He also is very involved in detoxing heavy metals, correcting EMF exposures, emotional cleanup, and in more recent years removal of sulfa drug removal. It is known that detoxes are very difficult to succeed as long as sulfa residuals (from antibiotics, etc. etc.) are present. As long as these are present, heavy metal detox is difficult and microbes are also difficult to eliminate. That has been written and talked about at every seminar that I have been to where he presents his treatment modalities.

He also uses ART and other forms of muscle testing. So no patient steps into this protocol that you have read -- cold turkey. Of course, it would not work.

It helps to get the full picture by reading all that is available. Knowing people who are being treated by him, the protocol that you refer to is only a fraction of what he recommends his patients do.

On the other hand, it is difficult to present it all on the internet. I basically know the program - and it is a very involved undertaking --- he fixes, like Dr. K., every scar, tracks vaccines, food allergies, leaky gut problems, auto-immune problems, etc. before Lyme can be eliminated.

This is one fellow who also looks at everything because he knows that merely hunting down Lyme bacteria and a few co-infections does not work for most people. The bugs come right back. The total body needs an overhaul with most patients.

Take care.

P.S. You might note that in recent years he is working with the LED (Laser Energetic Detoxification) which helps immensely. It is mentioned in the article, and I have posted about it several times. It clears out many toxin problems much quicker and the microbes are then much easier to eliminate.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good source of info for this is www.nutramedix.cc
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great paper.

Another one in the bag...for not relying on abx.

Dr. Philips, the former chairman of ILADS is of the same opinion about abx. Basically, don't rely on them, or drop them alltogether if possible.

It amazes me that LLMDs are still relying on abx to the extent they do. At least the three LLMDs I used a few years ago were relying on abx, and which are highly regarded in my state (two of them ILADS members).

Only one of them took somewhat of a systems perspective, but not whole heartedly. The other two didn't even wanna go there wrt to detox, herbs (incl natural abx), sleep, diet, water, teas, and so on. "Talk to your PCP about that!", they suggested. What?? Unbelievable.

Thank the Lord for the internet and where we can [still] find useful information so we as patients can figure out FOR OURSELVES what's best for us.

Michael

--------------------
I'm not an MD. The above is IMO and in my experience as well as from health related books.

I've had symptoms consistent with neurological Lyme disease since 1986. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004. Am feeling better now than ever before.

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,
I may have misread/misunderstood your post. I go to the former ilads pres. He uses abx's so don't know what you ment.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement