LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Death of Bugs, or Abx Side Effects?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death of Bugs, or Abx Side Effects?
Baron
Member # 11666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw my llmd yesterday, complaining of leg weakness, fatigue and tingling in my left foot and right arm; all symptoms I have not experienced until beginning treatment for lyme, particularly with flagyl. Considering that these could all be side effects of taking flagyl (which I began about three weeks ago), I asked if that was the cause. He said it is most likely due to the inflammation caused by the death of bugs. Does that sound right, and did anyone share a similar experience?
Posts: 24 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course some of those symtpoms *could* be side effects. Who knows what causes side effects of a particular drug though. Perhaps some of the people who have those side effects have them because of inflammation?

I've been told the same thing as you were told by your LLMD and it makes sense to me. Bugs dieing in the tissues release toxins and that causes inflammation. In addition, you may be a person who has trouble getting rid of biotoxins and that makes you even more susceptible to those symptoms.

I was pretty sick before treatment but am even sicker now. I get popping and cracking of my neck, arms, shoulders etc. which is apparently due to inflammation and a common occurance while in treatment. My left knee, which had never bothered me before treatment has been a problem and at one point I had to use a cane because it was so swollen and sore.

Hope you feel better soon.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old "the drug" vs. "the bug" question. I think the answer is about as clear as a coin toss. For the most part, I think it is generally related to the death of "the bug" and in some cases, though probably fewer, it could be "the drug".

I realize that this is about as helpful as if I had not responded at all. I asked my doctor this question once and she said "In absence of proof that it is "the drug", it is "the bug"" or something to that effect....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement