LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » eyeballs aching, anyone else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eyeballs aching, anyone else?
mtnwoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtnwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on Rifabutin (a cleaner rifampin) and Septra DS 2 bid, aiming at Bart.

Anyone else have aching eyeballs? Not a horrible pain, just a sore ache of the whole eye socket. Enough to get me into a hot tub 4am to put hot wash cloths over my eyes this am.

Think it's Bart dying?

Posts: 211 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have aching eye balls The symptom comes & goes. Sometimes with dry eye & sometimes without.

I was told I have bart but am not sure this is from my bart, babs or lyme. I have read lyme loves the eyes so not sure which is the culprit..

It definely gets worse during a die off or herxing phase. Mosit heat also helps sometimes too.

But for me I think sometimes it might be tyied to my sinus's. I don't have a running nose or clugged nose. But was MRIed & found chronic sinusinus. I sometimes feel some pressure along with the eye ball aches.

Not even sure if there is a connection. Because I can get just aches in my eye balls & no symptoms at all with my sinus.

Am hoping that this symptom will go away with further treatment

hang in there [group hug]
Dana

ps: I was also on spetra & had some strong herx's on that one

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's definitively Lyme related. I was off the abx from April through October 2006, then relapsed. One of the symptoms was that my eyes were very light sensitive (not a new symptom). When i started my 'favorite' combo tatra plus diflucin, I had great pains in my left eye. This was a new symptom. My LLMD called it QUOTE sucky UNQUOTE that I got this new symptom.

I went to an eye doctor and my eyes checked. He told me that it is indeed possible for the BB to get into the eyes. I asked him if it could be that the BB was affecting the eye nerves instead but he called it very unlikely.

After more and more abx the pain in my eye is gone now. I know that BB is hard to get rid of areas with limited abx access (joints, brains etc). My hope is that abx have a better access to the eyes. Hope this helps,

Tim

Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Have aching eyes sometimes when I first wake up. They ache so badly, I have trouble opening them for a few minutes, then it passes. When I do get them open, I may mis-read numbers on the clock at first. It does not seem to correlate with my herbal tx. I don't take ABX, so can't comment on that.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes my eyes ache most of the time.

My vision is also blurry most of the time too.

And the sunlight is terrible on them.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had terrible eye pain for years along with unequal pupils. I have found that bart meds, especially cipro and septra have really helped. Now, I am free of pain in my eyes and my pupils are reacting better.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another thought on this....

my husband doesn't have lyme according to his igenex igm/igg..

he was diagnosed with overactive; hyperactive thyroid 25+ yrs. ago. also with GRAVES DISEASE of the eyes like actress Betty Davis.

his eye balls push out of their sockets, sensitive to light, DRY EYES but when he tears he has to immediately DRY THEM OR TEARS CAUSE HIM MUCH PAIN.... [Frown]

have you had a thyroid T3 and T4 blood test done? if not; i'd start there too as thyroid causes us so many OTHER problems.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes my eyeballs ache very bad most of the time and vision usually never perfectly clear, wish i had some solution to offer you! take care
radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KKYOUNG
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKYOUNG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurts to put mascara on. The pressure from barely swiping it on. I've told a couple of people and they look at me like I am nuts - getting used to that by now.
Posts: 32 | From INDIANA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement