LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do you detox your brain?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you detox your brain?
gambler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading another topic, the one where they are debating some science lyme guy's virtues. And until I read what he wrote about PCR testing, I hadn't really thought about where the bugs go when they die, it didn't occur to me that they just hung out. I thought they would get flushed away, but the brain is kinda jam packed with a blood brain barrier, it must be harder to flush.

I don't want dead bugs in my head. How do you detox your brain?

gambler

Posts: 243 | From chicago | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it is just that blood flow to the brain carries away metabolic waste products -- including hopefully, dead Bb debris?

I do not know, but read this after a google search:

Workshop on Cerebral Perfusion and Brain Function:
Novel Techniques and Applications
Bahia Othon Palace Hotel
Salvador da Bahia, Brazil
28 July - 1 August 2007

Overview:

Cerebral blood flow is a fundamental and essential physiological entity of critical importance for the survival of brain tissue because it supports brain's energy metabolism for sub serving normal function.

Through the well-regulated cerebral circulation, blood delivers essential nutrients for energy metabolism and hormones to brain tissue and carries away metabolic waste products while regulating temperature.

Unlike any other organ of the body, the brain is particularly dependent on a normal and continuous delivery of blood and critically vulnerable to compromises in blood supply because of the extremely high energy demand of brain.

It is now generally agreed that the human brain, which comprises only 2% of the body's mass but consumes approximately 20% of the body's energy in the form of oxygen consumption, efficiently uses the energy to support its function.

For these reasons, measurements of blood flow and brain function, in general, are very important ways of assessing brain tissue viability, both under normal and pathologic states.

This workshop will encompass many novel techniques and applications used for measuring cerebral perfusion and brain function, both under normal physiology and disease.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A drill and an ice cream scoop.

Now that I have no brains, I have no problems [Smile] [bonk]

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glutathione!! It flushes all the neurotoxins out of the brain. I noticed an immediate difference when my llmd pushed it through my picc.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really noticed a big difference on the gluta stuff?

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing for hubby to take another dose while he's on IV?

He had a dose about 10 days ago, but has started IV since then.

It will flush the toxins?

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have used Jernigans Neuro Antitox II CNS/PNS (natural formulas) they claim it is for detoxing the the central nervous system specifically of lyme die off. I can't say one way or the other if it has worked, I hope so. I have used it "just in case" because, like you I don't want that junk hanging around my CNS either. You can check it out at: http://www.jnutra.net/
Take care.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niacin might help, also. Make sure to buy the kind where you feel the flush, not the no-flush variety.

Clarie

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, will check them out. Thanks.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NORMALLY...glutathione would help, but...enough of the nutrients to make it are not available.

The amino acids n-acetyl cysteine, glycine, and glutamic acid are the primary building blocks of glutathione.

Glutathione is our #1 MAJOR anti-oxidant. All the other anti-oxidants need it!!!

Without enough of our major anti-oxidant, is it surprising that the "next-best" kicks in...melatonin?

Yawn.

Bb has zinc fingers which are cysteine and histidine bound to zinc.

Say so long to cysteine levels.

Glycine is a weird amino acid! Understatement.

It crosses the BBB.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a major Glutathione user on here. I go for a glutathione IV alteast once a week sometimes up to 3 times a week. I dont notice any symptom improvement right away, usually the days after the glutathione push I feel a little better. Your right it is the number one detoxer you can do that is out there! So far I have done about 6 IV's and it kinda needs a cummulative affect to get working good but they are so dern expensive! I get mine also with a myers cocktail and 10g's of vitamin c. Whenever I have the vitamin c it gives me a herx reaction!

Give it a try and see what happens. Only adverse things that have happened to me was one time right after the push I got a sharp pain in my liver area but it subsided quickly and it will smell up your bathroom that day too [Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking NAC (n-acetyl cysteine) 1200mg daily with a selenium supplement. The NAC is a precursor to glutathione and when glutathione combines with selenium it makes glutathione peroxidase which is one of the most important antioxidant enzymes in the body.

Also taking MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 2000mg daily.

The LLMD recommended these for liver support, but I've noticed an increase in my mental sharpness and much less fatigue since doing this regularly.

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both NAC and MSM greatly increase dizziness and confusion for me, even glutathione in too high of doses. It seemed to be from moving mercury to brain.

I'm guessing because my detox systems are so badly damaged.

I'm currently nebulizing glutathione purchased via prescription. ($$$) The topical was worthless.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LED is a very effective treatment for toxins anywhere, including the brain.

Neural Therapy worked for me. But LED goes a lot further and is needle-free!!!!!!

NAC, if not done right, timed right, accompanied by the proper agents, can be carrying metals back into the brain instead of the other way around. Be very careful! Listen to download on Klinghardt.org. where he is being interviewed and has a lot important to share.

Take care.

There is a powder glutathione available that works very well. Easiest to take - no fuss.
NatuRx carries it. Don't know who else. It goes a long way and is very reasonably priced. Absorbed in the mouth. Best doctors using it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
[QB] LED is a very effective treatment for toxins anywhere, including the brain.

Neural Therapy worked for me. But LED goes a lot further and is needle-free!!!!!!

Gigi, try as I might all I can come up with is "Light Emitting Diode." (For "LED.") What's LED?

Thanks.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once more...

Glutathione needs NAC + *glycine* + glutamate.

It is being downregulated and melatonin (second best) is kicking in.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi-

I too am interested in LED. Also, NatuRx-cannot find any info on the company. Do you have a website? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LED -- Laser light passes through a clear glass vial of homeopathic substance and sweeps the body to try to release substances that may affect us. Toxins, allergens, autoimmunity and even infections may be resolved.

It is done by a practitioner. It is not a product to be purchased.

Five years ago, it used to be done in conjunction with foot detox baths.

Claire

[ 21. May 2007, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: clairenotes ]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Study of plants :

In the dark. GSH (glutathione) content was relatively low ...

Low O[2] did not affect foliar contents of cysteine or glutamate but

prevented the light-induced increase in the glycine pool .

No light...no increase in glycine and thus no increase of glutathione.

O2 may alter this balance. In the presence of more O2, there maybe an increase in glycine availability.

O3 maybe needed. TRIvalent ozone...saunas.

But there are other ways.

I'm telling you...glycine is too low...and hence glutathione (NAC + glycine + glutamate) is low.

Our #1 anti-oxidant protection is kapoot (glutathione).

In steps a "backup"...melatonin.

This is all about light and darkness and availability of O2.

Too many lone O's...free radicals = DNA damage.

Glycine opens chloride channels in neutrophils...our most abundant WBC which via calprotectin binds zinc (in Bb's zinc fingers).

Not enough glycine? It crosses the BBB.

Besides glycine and Cl transport, we must get K back IN the cells too.

So...there are many things "outside the box" that may indeed work for different reasons.

BTW...our brain cells do NOT use d-galactose. They use d-glucose.

D-ribose converts to BOTH. IMO...better choice.

Glycine is liver and brain protective. D-ribose and NAC are cardiac protective.

Gi, Gi...light...that is the key...we need more glycine available. That looks to be why and how the LED treatments work...make more glycine available.

Cysteine and glutamate are not effected by light, but glycine IS... in low oxygen situations.

Importance of glycine:

"Glycine is a protein amino acid found in the protein of all life forms. It is the simplest amino acid in the body and the only protein amino acid that does not have chirality (A molecule is chiral if it cannot be superimposed on its mirror image.)

Although most glycine is found in proteins, free glycine is found in body fluids as well as in plants.

The normal diet contributes approximately 2 grams of glycine daily.

Glycine is not considered an essential amino acid, i. e., the cells in the body can synthesize sufficient amounts of glycine to meet physiological requirements.

However, glycine is of major importance in the synthesis of proteins, peptides, purines, adenosine triphosphate (ATP), nucleic acids, porphyrins, hemoglobin, glutathione, creatine, bile salts, one-carbon fragments, glucose, glycogen, and L-serine and other amino acids.

Glycine is also a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system (CNS). Glycine and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) are the major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the CNS.

Recently, a glycine-gated chloride channel has been identified in neurophils that can attenuate increases in intracellular calcium ions and diminish oxidant damage mediated by these white blood cells. Thus, glycine may be a novel antioxidant."

If we can open the Cl channel and open the K channel INWARD, not outward...

While excessive glutamate is harmful, apparently:

"Glutamate reuptake prevents neurotoxicity and sets the lower limit for the concentration of extracellular glutamate."

Apparently...

"three sodium ions and one proton are cotransported with each glutamate ion into the cell, while one potassium ion is transported out of the cell"

It appears Bb prefers to have Na go into the cells because it sure looks to trigger all of this happening.

If we give "extra" NAC together with "extra" glycine + available glutamate (it is in excess and driving Na into the cells)would this restore the transport of K back INTO the cells instead of outward? In other words, we will sop up the excess glutamate and instead make a lot more glutathione with it (when we add extra NAC and glycine).

The excess glycine may open the Cl channels and now we would have, what it appears we need...

KCL.

This is tricky...cardiac wise!!!

To be on the safe side...d-ribose is very cardiac protective. It will supply d-galactose to the body and d-glucose to the brain.

[ 21. May 2007, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't cholesteramine remove toxins too?

According to Dr. S of MD it's THE most efficient method of removinf toxins.

Michael

--------------------
I'm not an MD. The above is IMO and in my experience as well as from health related books.

I've had symptoms consistent with neurological Lyme disease since 1986. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004. Am feeling better now than ever before.

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Jury's out re: whether or not it depletes CoQ10.

We've discussed this on many occasions.

Search that word here on this website to bring up those discussions.

Marnie
Member # 773

I hope Gi Gi reads my long post above.

NO SODIUM.

Glutamate excess is ALREADY triggering this!
"Glutamate reuptake prevents neurotoxicity and sets the lower limit for the concentration of extracellular glutamate."

Apparently...

"three sodium ions and one proton are cotransported with each glutamate ion into the cell, while one potassium ion is transported out of the cell"

It appears Bb prefers Na because it looks to trigger all of this happening.

So what to do?

Mop up glutamate.

It is needed to make glutathione. The other nutrients needed are deficient.

They are NAC and glycine.

With less glutamate, less Na will go INTO the cells and K out.

Looks like it is important to increase NAC and glycine.

Glycine looks to be impacted (positively) by light...those LEDs Gi Gi mentioned.

Glycine crosses the BBB.

GiGi
Member # 259

Marnie, your researching is wonderful as long as it remains in the Chemistry Department laboratory. I told you before that I do not understand your presentations built on what you assume to be certain sequences.

What I do fully understand though is that nothing that you take into your mouth in form of nutrients, if the roads for the nutrients to get to the cell are blocked - even the best supposedly toxin-effective substances will not bring results.

In a chronically ill body - these roads are blocked, wiped out, connecting to nothing. This is what needs to be addressed first and foremost.
You cannot clean up a bathtub filled with gunk and toxin with a gallon of anything. You ruin the tub if you do.

That is why I am so excited about LED.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

LED = Laser Energetic Detoxification is being taught all over the world, as I understand it:

LED is a rapid detoxification therapy effective in resolving toxins, allergens, auto immunity and infections as the causes of acute and chronic diseases. Kinesiology and related energetic techniques (EDS, etc.) can be used to identify problems/causes (microbial, biochemical, etc.) to find the optimum treatments.

I have posted about it here previously several times.

Fritz Popp, PhD, a German scientist, and others have proven that biophotons produced by human cells are responsible for information exchange between cells and tissues thus affecting cell growth, cell differentiation and biochemical reactions such as cell detoxification.

LED is a safe and quick detox therapy releasing many toxins quickly.

I wish I had this LED available when I was going through detox. It took a l o n g time for me.

To effectively do the detox, one thing I learned for certain: Sulfa antibiotic residuals in the body (from different sources: antibiotics, animals fed abx, sulfa diabetic drugs, etc.) have to be treated first. It appears that sulfa drug residuals in the body tissues prevent the person to utilize the sulfur nutrients and sulfur drugs that are so necessary to detox certain toxins/neurotoxins (heavy metals, etc. etc. etc.)

Auto-immunity that many of us developed toward our own neurotransmitters, our own hormones, our own organs and glands is treated with LED. This often happens because toxins (pesticide, herbicides, chemicals, hevy metals bind to the organ or gland or hormone receptor, or neurotransmitter receptor. How often have I posted that the metals attach to the hormone producing cells?

Heavy metals is most often the treatment following the treatment of sulfa residuals.
Mercury is taken up by parasites and microbes in the body. When we kill the microbes, the mercury is released into the body and has to be treated.

All neurotoxins, the thousands of them, can be addressed with LED, many of them combined into one treatment. The treatment itself takes minutes. The testing/determination of the toxins a body is holding takes longer -- one-two-three- hours, depending on condition.

The development of treatment has been evolving over the last years and gradually been brought to the effectiveness as it is today.

This is one of the most exciting treatments I have encountered and, please, before you start knocking the heck out of it as it is so often done on this board, learn to understand - read up on Popp and biophotons and ---- frequencies.

Take care.

Marnie
Member # 773

LED is releasing glycine...plain and simple.

With this up...more brain protective glutathione.

Energy2Heal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy2Heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Apex Energetic's OxiCell? It is a glutathione/SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) cream for transdermal absorption.

I have a new container of it but haven't tried it yet. Apex products are quite outstanding. A month ago my adrenals were completely screwed up, I've been using their AdrenaCalm cream and it has made a huge difference. This is all through a person who does homeopathy/muscle testing so things are tested with my body.

- Andrew

Posts: 443 | From The Wild West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

"LED is releasing glycine...plain and simple.

With this up...more brain protective glutathione

And what happens then, Marnie?

jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you guys getting these supplements at?
Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Gi Gi...why didn't they TELL us the toxin is...

excessive glutamate?!!!

"glutamate is excreted by immune cells that take part in inflammatory process"

The brakes are off. Ongoing inflammation because Bb wants/needs glutamate.

Sh...oot.

LED works by dilating the vessels, NO - nitric oxide up, REDUCING TNF ALPHA and INactivating the cell warning signal NFkB which is responsible for activating and inactivating genes (important that NFkBIKKA does not trigger a gene that INactivates a tumor SUPPRESSOR gene -> cancer. LED helps to prevent binding.

So does glycine.

Okay...now we have a far superior blood flow (vessels dilated) and now more healing nutrients can REACH the infection, but the question remains

does far infrared via LED/saunas DIRECTLY destroy the pathogen or merely enable US to do that?

This, I found interesting:

(NMJ - neuromuscular junction)

acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter for the mammalian NMJ

glutamate is the neurotransmitter for the insect NMJ

Acetylcholine down, glutamate up. Bb is a happy camper.

Pyruvate...

The amino acids alanine, glycine, serine, cysteine, tryptophan and threonine all have a

common endpoint, the metabolic intermediate

pyruvate.

Threonine is converted to glycine through the removal of an acetaldehyde group, and

***glycine is then converted to serine, then pyruvate. ***

Serine, if phosphorlyated...rebalances the HPA axis.

Now, about getting glutamate to a reasonable level...(Cannot/should not block it completely)...

Researchers are scrambling to figure out what might work. Why?

"Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) - A progressive and fatal disorder affecting nerve cells that involves

overactivation of glutamate receptors."

"Laboratory research has revealed that in the progressive, debilitating disease ALS, one of the many processes involved in disease progression appears to be damage of nerve cells by

accumulation of glutamate."

And...

"In conclusion, T cell derived TNF-α impairs glutamate clearance capacity of
astrocytes in vitro and probably also in vivo providing a pathogenic link to

glutamate excitotoxicity that may contribute to early axonal dysfunction remote from active autoimmune inflammatory demyelination."

That's MS.

Want a list of what looks to lower glutamate or prevent the toxicity of this necessary, but excessive, neurotransmitter?

" If the blood is too acidic (pH too low), the body can break down glutamine into glutamate and ammonia to increae the pH of the blood."

Too acidic...alkaline glucose and many alkaline minerals are deficient.

We're on the same side, Gi Gi.

Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great posts all.. [Wink]

Whey protein shakes, Vitamin C, and B-12 always helped me along with treatment for these diseases especially Babesia.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Jason, if you haven't tried NAC, you really should try it.

Start with just one a day and see how you tolerate it. But of course, check with your doctor first!!

Best wishes.

jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boomerang:
Jason, if you haven't tried NAC, you really should try it.

Start with just one a day and see how you tolerate it. But of course, check with your doctor first!!

Best wishes.

Where's the best place to get NAC from? And what dosage?

Thanks

Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

bump.
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason,

If you read up on amino acids you can make your own combos a LOT cheaper by ordering pure powders on amazon or at your local health food store. NOW brand seems pretty good. All of these powders are white so if anyone mixes there own they need to be careful about placing the already measuered ones in a different pile! Otherwise we forget!

A lot are taken by the gram rather than the miligram. I bet the weight of a teaspoon/tablespoon of these are available SOMEWHERE online. Some of these amino acids are available in foods in large quantities.

Glutathione is absorbed pretty quickly by the intestines- so quickly that body builders say it's better taken IV- otherwise the intestines use most of it and then you just have more intestinal tissue and a distended gut... But... you CAN take it orally.

Here's a quickie on amino acids- there are 2 pages here- great info! Caution- some of these are hormonal precursers and it's best to read up more than this with some of them. But Glutathione & cystine are used for lots of things by lots of people...

Canadian College of Holistic Health;

http://www.cchh.org/content.asp?MenuID=10&SubMenuID=41

http://www.cchh.org/content.asp?MenuID=10&SubMenuID=42

and an entry in a blog;
http://kateben.wordpress.com/tag/hair-loss/

CAUTION!!! some amino acids are hormonal precursers/activators!!! Could be good or bad... and some have functions you don't want... Don't mess yourself up!

I don't know much about these yet. I'm starting to google. There are suggestions for; antiaging, body building, drug recovery, illness recovery and MS so far that I've seen.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

Are you saying that eating Jello (gelatin, with all that glycine) is going to help boost glutathione?

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement