LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question on Treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on Treatment
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luke339     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was doing much better it seemed for a while (was able to surf, play soccer again) but recently the last two months i have gone down hill fast.

I am not sure why, although i did switch from zithromax to biaxin nothing else really changed. My muscle twitching came back full strength, my tongue and jaw have become very weak (especially my left side), I keep slurring my speach and my jaw gets tired chewing.

I am taking 1.2 million units every three days of bicillan. The doc just started me on Mepron twice a day, I have been on nistatin, and xanax about 2 miligrams a day so that i can swallow (for some reason xanax helps me and i dont know why). I am slo back on zithromax 500 miligrams a day.

I am also taking oxydyfelus 1 pill after abx everyday. If anyone has any pointers to help with my condition I would be greatful for any input. I am having a very difficult time making it through a day of work (always so tired and weak).

Posts: 167 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be a herx from the mepron. Herxing from babs can really tough. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Luke

Did the bad symptoms start before you
started taking Mepron?

What infections did you figure out you have?

--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luke339     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested highly positive for erichliosis a year ago. Also had a bunch of positive bands and the doc also thinks its babs. The doc says that my Lyme got treated and now babs is rearing is ugly head out of no where. Who knows, I just hate this jaw weakness and tongue issues.

if it werent for xanax i would have no relief at all, for some reason it relaxes my tongue so i can talk and use my jaw. Did anyone else have this tongue rpoblems like me (and muscles wasting)?

Posts: 167 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Luke

Did these symptoms start before med change???

Give more info - hard to give good answer
with the info you have supply--

Herxes--
Babs treatment causes ALL kinds of crazy stuff-
new symptoms to pop up --Quickly--

Having gone threw a little over One year of
Babs treatment symptoms that come and go
do not surprise me much anymore --

Somewhat different for for everybody tho -

I guess if I started floating around the
room I would be surprised --

I have been herxing off and on for the
whole time I have been doing Babs treatment-

Babs herxes Feel different from lyme herx--

Usually Much worse - No Fun -

For me the Herxes have lessened in effect
as treatment goes on --AAAhhh

--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Symptoms started before i switched treatments. I started getting worse at the beggining of April. The only thing that changed within that amount of time was that i was feeling better so i started doing more activities.

It all started to go bad when i was upemployed for a few weeks (in between switching jobs) and i went jogging on the beach. After a few days of 15 minute jogs on the beach my jaw felt like it was hanging off of my face on the left side.

I started twitching very badley again and my tongue started to be affected again. Its to the point where i am slurring my speach now which is a little scary. Dr. thinks its babs so he put me on mepron for babs. I dont get how i was feeling better and able to things and now i cant, i get tired in like 10 minutes.

swallowing is wicked tough also. Anyway i hope i was more clear. Thanks Jay.

groovy2
Member # 6304

Hey luke

This is what I have seen happen to me and others-

Treat Lyme only and other bugs move in to take
there place somewhat --

Maybe that Could be what is happening to you also -

Most docs will only treat one infection at first
so that your body dose not get overwhelmed
by the herx reaction -

Exercise seems to bring on these effects
on many folks also--
There was a post about this last week--

I cut down on my exercise somewhat because I
had symptom flair after- Doing To Much - several
times so I am just taking it easy and
working my way back up slowly --

Wish I had better answer for you--Jay--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement