LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ehrlichia - I got a positive test result... Please Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ehrlichia - I got a positive test result... Please Help!
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out today the results of my blood work done a week ago.

I am positive for Ehrlichia and Anaplasma (my doctor did not know what Anaplasma is.) Still no positive for lyme, (if it is possable, i would love that: if I only got those 2 and no lyme at all. But is that probable?)

She was SUPER busy today, and she ususally does not treat stuff like this, (she deals with HepC and AIDS, ect..) so She is not a real LLMD, but I can afford her, and she is an amazing doctor who looked up and talked to many doctors on how to treat it. The protocall looks correct to me (i have done tons of research myself on how to deal with bacterial infections).

I tried looking up these 2 and could not find a thing except symptoms in dogs and horses (2 animals I am never around). So I have no idea what I am dealing with. What the symptoms are and if I have other syptoms that might mean i have more bacteria than what i tested positive for.

My question for you all is, WHAT IS THIS STUFF??!? do any of you poor souls have Anaplasma and Ehrlichia too?

IF so, do you have any information on it???

I am scared, and I dont know what to do. I start IV abx (the R one) on friday, or maybe thursday. I am excited and scared. This whole time, my whole life I knew I had something like this. I just knew it. I knew I had one big problem, not a bunch of problems...

Now that I know I was infact right, I am so scared. And oddly, kind of shocked. I feel like I have been robbed. I was robbed blind of years of my life, and there is nothing I could have done.

If any of you can help me, I would greatly apriciate it. I am lost.
[Frown]

But soon a whole new life is going to blossom out of this pile of poo I have been living in. Thank god for ABX!

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.

My neighbor has ehrlichia with Lyme.

It is treated via doxycycline....

So, my neighbor has been able to really target two bugs with one drug.

Good luck.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Info from Saturday's symposium: Ehrlichiosis/Anaplasmosis

tetracyclines (doxy, etc.)

rifampin

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by valymemom:
Ehrlichiosis/Anaplasmosis

The two are one in the same. They have moved toward calling it anaplasmosis now.

Valymemom is right about the treatment.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, cool. My doctor has me on a Rocephin IV bag tomorrow... probably not a very good 'llmd'.

She seems to be messing up some stuff pretty often, good thing i have a real LLMD appointment coming up.

Thanks guys for the information. [Smile]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both as well as Babesia, Bart, Borrelia, etc. So, with all the people here that have TBIs, it is pretty common. Don't get too worked up about it. Chances of having Borrelia and other co-s is likely pretty high though so don't assume that you only have Ehrlichia....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll the test that they did that showed the 2 as positive, showed negative for babs and the others... even lyme.

Do you think I should be retested?

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Skyler,

The test for Lyme.....

Was it an Elisa or Western Blot?

Was it done by Igenex?

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

I have no idea. This test was not taken by a LLMD, I have an apt with a real LLMD sometime this month...

I was just curious if that is even possible? of If anyone has heard of someone who has the 'co infection' type diseases getting having lyme.

I do not know why this even matters, because I have every symptom of Lyme on the list except the digestive tract ones. I just have to have lyme... 60 or so symptoms from a list of around 75. [bonk]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had HME Ehrlichiosis. Yes, they changed the named to Anaplasmosis!!!

Only 2 abx treat it- Doxy or Rifampin!!!

Doxy is good for Lyme too-
Ask doc for IV Doxy!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skyler:

Do you think I should be retested?

Yes, thru Igenex!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anaplasma phagocytophila is a recently described tick-borne pathogen that

causes Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis.

Anaplasma infects the neutrophils (immune system cells) of host organisms."

Doxy DOES knock this pathogen out (Ehrlichia).

It often, I mean often, accompanies Bb.

(Pubmed, I think it was an abstract by our devoted Dr.B.)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Marnie,
What exactly are you saying? lol. I don't want to assume anything, I am pretty freaked out right now, and I don;t know what you are syaing... can we say brain fog.?

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

She's saying you probably have Lyme disease as well.

***Anaplasma phagocytophila is a recently described tick-borne pathogen that causes Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis.***

That's the reason for the name change.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Thanks Lymetoo! [Smile]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not that i want you to have lyme, but the chances of having lyme of far greater then not having lyme. brian
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks,

how long do they treat ehrlichia for, with oral doxy- and how likely is it to be succesful treatment?

My impression is that it's one of the easier coinfections to treat , is that true?

I did have a good friend who seemed to have gotten only ehrlichia, not Lyme, and he got better with a fairly short course of doxy (and a LOT of recovery time afterwards as he was floored for weeks). He caught it early.

[ 31. May 2007, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: MariaA ]

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think the recovery time is far less than with Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

HOPE4290
Member # 7926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HOPE4290     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has Lyme, bartonella and tested positive for Ehrichlia last year. She switched from the IV she was on to IV doxy and improved dramatically. The Ehrichlia appears to be gone, and the IV doxy is working against the Lyme now too.

Good Luck!

Posts: 55 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement