LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone seen scars like these?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone seen scars like these?
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive had these since I got the chicken pox years ago, but one of the LLMD's i saw thought maybe it was a current infection of something, since he has never seen them before.

I went to a dermatologist 8 years ago and he said it cant be chicken pox scars because they are in a straight line and the pox dont form a straight line. He said he could attempt to remove, but it might grow bigger. so i said no, that of course was when i was healthy.

Sometimes these things itch, and seem to form slight scabs.. From the pic one looks like it has blood vessels going thru it too.

Thanks, I know this might not be lyme related but thought it could be playing a role in my immune system.

-

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these scars could be keloid tissue.
they occur mainly in afro americans and instead onf a scar ,they produce keloid tissue.

i would have it needle bx.
if not keloid then can be removed.

could also be hemangioma, but doesn't look like it.
this MUST BE BX PRIOR TO REMOVAL OR YOU CAN BLEED TO DEATH.

docdave have a nice day

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking keloid also, but never have seen it on light skin.

Found this image doing a google search:

keloid scar

Can you see a dermatologist about them? I noticed you said it has been 8 years. Maybe a different Derm?

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Doc Dave's suggestion of having a biopsy done to determine just what sort of tissue this is. It will determine if anything can be done to remove them and put your mind at ease as to what they are.

Going to a differen dermatologist would be a good idea too. Ask if he/she can biopsy it to put your mind at ease, if nothing else.

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One friend with a port (and Lyme and Bartonella) has a very thick scar at the port scar site. It's reddish purple, itches, and is very painful. You can see tiny blood vessels in the tissue.

The LLMD said it is a keloid. There may be a keloid in the underlying tissue too, causing such a great amount of pain that access to the port has been denied.

Does anyone else have this? What's been done for them? Does anyone give you an explanation of what causes them?

I wonder if those with Lyme or bartonella have a tendancy to form keloids?

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
discdogger
Member # 16798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for discdogger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have keloids from where I have had moles removed. I have seen my dermatologist about them and he said he can shrink them.

I also had keloids on my ears from ear piercings and they had to be surgically removed.

I don't know what you have, but I would see a dermatologist.

--------------------
We are their voice, Please spay and neuter!
Make adoption your first option!

Posts: 61 | From Alabama | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swachsler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swachsler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

I just posted on a different thread about my keloid scars. Please check it out. I'm white (Jewish), and I have pretty nasty keloids.

Those do not look like keloids to me, but I agree you should see another dermatologist.

Be VERY CAREFUL about doing any sort of biopsy or especially removing them. Make sure they are NOT keloids before you do that.

If you try to remove a keloid, it will grow back bigger. Please read my other post.

Please do the rounds of dermatologists until you find someone who really knows what they're doing and can give you adequate information. (I know -- always a challenge.)

Peace,
Sharon

Posts: 223 | From Western Mass. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI cant!! Good to see you here! [hi]

I thought keloid too, but I'm no expert. I have seen them on light skin and it looks SIMILAR.

I agree that you shouldn't have them removed unless they know for sure it's NOT a keloid.

I wondered if maybe you got a keloid from the chicken pox scar? Maybe that's obvious??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perhaps bart

http://www.womenchildrenhiv.org/wchiv?page=im-2-03-01

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i looked at NIH'S medlineplus library and came up with this, and they had 7 photos there similar to yours including one tutu posted.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/scars.html#cat45

best wishes; lots of info there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an OLD post of mine but funny i was just pulling it up to post on a post made by hshbmom.

I am pretty sure they are keloids...and have read that some are just more suseptable to them than others...and they can form on the ears(so I chose not to get my ears peirced...dont want to chance it)

Mine its sometimes , but not as often as they used to.

Hey Lymetoo good to see you again too :-)

Bettyg- thanks for the info :-)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement