LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Artemisia annua - bad reaction?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Artemisia annua - bad reaction?
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I got Artemisia Annua as tincture from my ND. I took 10 drops of it last night and went to bed. When I woke up at 5 am or something I couldn't go back to sleep - I was very restless, couldn't be still in bed, had to move myself all the time, felt somehow unreal. Quite scary. And when I finally went to sleep, I had a nigthmare.

Any similar experiences? I'm not sure if I'm going to take this stuff anymore.

BF

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmares and restless sleep are VERY common symptoms AND Herxes for Babesiosis.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Artemisia annua is very powerful, for me I got clear lyme herxes. I never took the tincture though. You gotta add cleansers, toxin binders.
Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe 10 drops was WAYYYYYYY too much for you especially in the beginning.

I took Artemisinin without hardly any effects.

When I went to Artemisia annua, I really felt taking that. AND when I took it with Coptis and Andrographis together, I really had some side effects. Had to stop it all for awhile. I haven't tried the Artemisia annua since.

I used ONLY pure encapsulated powder form though.

So I don't know HOW that equates to the tincture.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS: I absolutely would NOT take it without RED ROOT tincture, a whole dropper full three (3) times a day.

And also Sarsaparilla and Milk THistle.

IF you are not doing that, that could ALSO be one of your BIG problems.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only had vertigo, tonsil and ear swelling when I started. After treatment for 2 months taking Artemesia for 1.5(1,5 for you Finland people) months of that, I almost nearly died.

For the last 4 months, I've had to crawl to get to bathroom. I can't be on computer for longer than a few minutes.
It's slowly getting better and better, but for the 1st month, I couldn't even sit upright without vision going blurry and almost passing out(couldn't even go to doctors), and was having anxiety attacks that would last for days.

Do a search for Polar Blast and read his old Art. posts. Notice how frantic he was(I didn't think it was humanly possible to be as frantic as I was) and fortunately for me, I couldn't get on the computer at the time.

When talking to Polar Blast now, he is a lot better(same with me also), and he's been treating Lyme disease for a long time(he's had many herxes and he told me nothing compares to this reaction). A few others had it too.

I feel so fortunate that I'm alive right now after that whole ordeal that I feel like kissing the world. I would go back to the Toxic Mold building(that's how I started getting sick) over whatever happened 4 months ago, any day.

There's some who will get upset about this, but I'm just telling you from 'this side of the arguement' and it's up to decide what you want to do.

I'm not getting scientific on this answer, and not getting into whether 'it causes damage' or 'maybe it works TOO WELL' or whatever. I really don't care because knowing what happened is not going to bring my life back.

[ 31. May 2007, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Kendrick ]

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn that's awful Kendrick! I'm really sorry to hear that, hopefully you will recover soon! Well I think I've had enough of that stuff already.

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Artemisinin and andrographis together caused me the worst herxes I had up to now, had to go to ER with a very bad air hunger attack.

But at that time, more than a year ago, I didn't know much about detoxing metals and toxins. Now I know more.

Now I'm again on artemisinin, after having done artemisia annua before for some time (but with pauses, of course), and am coping well with it (with lots of cleasers, metal cleansers included).

Anyone, I believe, can die from a bad herx. Polar blast experience is not a total surprise. Check the posts on herxes here (30-50% are about that!!). These can be AWFUL. No matter what is the killer you're using. A herx is as dangerous as lyme or even more dangerous, in my opinion.

Having a bad herx means that the stuff you're taking is working. But leaving the herx going up, or without treatment is VERY bad. No matter what you are taking.

If you don't know what to do to cleanse your body, you shouldn't be taking any killer, as most of lyme/ babesia die off cause intense herxes, as fungi/ yeast die off. My own experience.

Sometimes it could also be a problem of bad herb/ substance for each individual at a certain moment of the treatment, of course. Or intolerance/ allergy to it.

Artemisinin tested bad for me many times, and this time tested good (after new re-infection). It is tricky.

I find artemisia annua a total different thing than artemisinin. Our bodies react in totally different ways, and I believe the way they kill pathogens are different. What's common, is that these are things that need pulsing, not continous use. In my own experience/ opinion.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so strange. It's been 10 days or so since I tried that artemisia annua and still feel very bad. I'm weak, anxious, depressed, have palpitations and tremors. What is going on here?! How long does that stuff stay in the body?! :/

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement