LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » rife users

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rife users
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help. Now I feel awful with vertigo, pain in muscles and joints and fatigue after my 2nd session of rife with Mr. DT's EMEM machine. I did 3 frequencies for lyme at 2 minutes, then 1 frequency for ear/ dizziness for 1 minute and then 10K for about 4 minutes for lymph drainage.

I had a bit of joint pain by day 2 but WOW on day 5 did the vertigo herx hit!!!!

Did I do something wrong or is this what I should expect each time?

I am still doing abx along with rife (hoping to decrease abx)....but I have NEVER had a herx this bad before, not even on IV. Any thoughts? -Nikki

Posts: 129 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first ones are quite often the worst ones.
Let your body recover before Rifing again.

No point in overburdening your body. When you feel better try it again. Detoxing will help a lot.

My wife had blisters in her mouth after here first time from all the dead bacteria. Never happened again.

It does get better with time but how long is different for everyone.

Best Regards

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nikkib,

Maybe you should call your doc because you are on abx & he needs to know if you are herxing too hard.

I never did abx & rife. Just rife at the moment & the 2 sound like it could be quite a herx on both.

rife has a way of slamming me & not always right away ~ sometime 2-3 days later.

I would ditto the detox suggestion, and also wait till your dizziness/herx clears.

Maybe next time try just one minuet or 1/2 minuet on one frequency. Then maybe wait a while till you know the herxibg is clear & add another ect.. When I started out with rife I went really slow & ramped up just like some meds.

Hope you are feeling better soon [group hug]

take care
Dana

none of the above is medical advise ...just my 2 cents

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a rifer and now on oral ABX... My herxes with rife were always around 2-3 days afterwards and they could get pretty bad sometimes...

I went the oral ABX route because I had only been symptomatic for 1.5 years prior to a diagnoses. Rife was kinda cofusing to me because I was always guessing myself, is this a herx or what...? I will return to rifing when I get to feeling 80% most of the time.

Also, rife and ABX do not go well together. Rife only kills the spirochete form and ABX make the spirochete turn into a cyst... But I ran into a BIG problem when rifing, a little over a month of being off cats-claw and doing rife, I had a HUGE relapse and had to get back on cats claw and that is when I went to see a LLMD.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started rifing two months ago and now also pulsing MWF Rifampin plus Mino.

I feel I am improving on this regimen.

Pulsing giving me more time to use probiotics and detox to restore the gut flora.

For Bbs, rifing only may be enough, cause they grow very slow.

I may have Bart. which grow quicker and may need abx to eliminate them.

and the abx combo seems working, so I'll stick to this regimen for a while.

I have been doing rifing extensively, almost every other day.

The herx (don't know if from rifing or abx or both) is tolerable.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davidx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davidx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were interested in rife, where do I go to buy a reliable equipment? Maybe some of you could tell me where you got yours and if there are any differences between them.

Thanks!

-David

--------------------
Same nightmare, different day!

Posts: 401 | From East Coast | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine at www.rifelabs.com

I have the EMEM3D/2T machine . It comes with a warrenty & they where very helpful in helping me set-up & navigate in the first few weeks. Have been rifing for a year now & still herx & feel it may be helping. No way to know for sure becasue I was on an intensive 3/4 year tx with abx first.

Hope this helps [Smile]
Dana

you can get a Dan Tracy EMEM machine very similar to the ones on the webb site above for around $500. But you have to get on a waiting list. He's really booked up.

I have no connection at all to this company...just sharing where I got mine & if I like it

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was doing rife (GB4000) back in the summer 2005 while doing abx. I've never had herxes from abx like I did from rife.

My first one was so severe that I have a blank/patchy memory of the several days after treatment. I probably should have checked into a mental institution... I was a mess.

But afterwards, ahhhh. Sooo much better. Ride it out and then hit it again, but not too soon. The herxes get less and less severe each time.

- Mike

Posts: 153 | From Watertown, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy2Heal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy2Heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quic,

Are you still rifing and/or taking abx? Just curious how you're doing now and what you attribute it to.

- Andrew

Posts: 443 | From The Wild West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew,

Its almost 3 1/2 years since I was infected (or at least started showing symptoms). I'm not exactly sure how/when I was infected but suspect it was from ticks on our Christmas (2003) tree since the whole family became infected as well. My symptoms now are all very mild and don't really effect my life too much but are unmistakably still there. I still have some twitching everyday, but it is mild and only lasts a few seconds to minutes compared to when I was very ill when I felt like a human pinball machine 24 hours a day. I still get foot cramping in the evening. My ears ring/buzz a little but not like a neon sign like before. I can only hear it when I'm in a quiet setting. My ears have become very sensitive, however. Whenever I listen to music, even at a slightly elevated volume, my ears will ring for an hour afterwards. Also, certain sharp sounds will set my ears off ringing...like opening a can of soda.
I still have eye floaters but they are less noticeable. My sleep has not come back to perfect, which is where it was before getting sick, but I try and make due. All the 100 + other symptoms have almost completely gone. There are one or two I'll get very infrequently like once a month or so.

I am not taking any abx anymore, but I have a bottle in case of an emergency. This disease has made me paranoid in that respect.

I do still rife now, but only occasionally, when I notice a symptom flareup. Perhaps once every month or two. I don't really get the same reaction during or after treatment anymore. I'm just not that toxic anymore. But I feel it does help to keep things in check. I need to rife for a very long time to do the job now, since there are so many few germs and probably much harder to reach. I rife for like an hour or more now and barely notice it. That would have probably killed me a couple years ago. With my first rife episode that I described above, I only did rife treatment for 8 minutes! Back then, even during treatment I could feel my nerves tremor and my muscles twitch and cramp and I would get dizzy, etc.

There are a the things I attribute getting better to in order of importance:
0) Not relying only on abx.
1) Abx. Especially in the first 6-9 months. I thought recovery would be in a few weeks, but it took 5 or 6 months before I felt even somewhat happy with my progress.
2) Switching regimens / pulsing abx. Whether it be changing abx or trying new herbs, rife, etc. I found that for me, if I did anything for too long I'd plateau and would not see any progress until I did something different. tied with this is:
2) rife machine. I have a stubborn case of neuro lyme. I believe 90% of it lives in my nervous system and the abx just don't get there in effective doses. At least not the ones I was taking orally.
3) Minocycline. I feel this abx penetrated my nervous system the most to clear things up. The other abx were good, but I wouldn't have gotten so much better without mino.
4) Andrographitis. This herb was very effective for me. Gave me big herxes.
5) High dose niacin/low does aspirin therapy. It helped get the abx/herbs/etc deeper in and more effective with thinner blood and dilated vessels. Also, helps with hypocoagulation. A common problem with lyme.
6) exercise. Walked about 3 miles a day consistently...once I felt I could.

Writing all this down makes me remember the hell I went through. Man, I never want to go through that again. Hope this helps.

- Mike

Posts: 153 | From Watertown, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, impressive story.

quote:
I could feel my nerves tremor
I have same experience when I move the coil around my head, and the pains are execrated when I use certain frequencies like 880Hz.

The effects are so strong, I suspect that it could break the nerves and cause brain damage?

On the other hand, I thought it's curing the inflammation in the head. Once the inflammation cured, I wouldn't feel the pains.

Recently, I feel a big leap in my recovery: I feel almost normal.

I don' know if it's rifing or abx or both.

Anyway I am happy with this regimen and I'll stick to it for a while till all of my symptoms are gone.

Pulsing abx might be critical for recovery from Lyme.

Lyme and its coinfections are slow growing bacteria. So might not be necessary to take abx everyday.

3 days a week on abx might be enough to keep the bugs at bay and allow you restore your gut flora and strengthen your immune system.

In the long run, your immune system would become stronger and stronger, while the bugs become weaker and weaker, and eventually would be eradicated by the immune system.

This is my working hypothesis for my current therapy.

Dave

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose the real key here is to use your head and stick with something be it Rife, ABX or whatever is working. When it is not working for you it is time to try a different approach or maybe a whole different treatment.

That seems to be a common denominator in getting better. Nothing to be gained by marrying any particular approach.

We have some Cumanda that we used in the beginning, and I think it is time to see if changing it up for a while will jump start things.

My wifes progress is stalled at this point. She is in good health with minimal symptoms but we want to get rid of this entirely. We have two other "incurable" diseases in our family to deal with and I need time to work on them. This Lyme is just a nuisance now but it is aggravating that it keeps popping up.

The pulsing idea seems to be sensible and this was part of our original plan. I think we will try it out.

I am glad to see that quite a few here do get better. Thanks for all of the ideas. I hope we all see more progress in time.

Take it easy for a while Nikki.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
432? Not longer than ONE MINUTE!

James Bare.

Did you do a "general" program first?

Let your body RECOVER.

This feels "harmless" when doing it...it is much more powerful than you realize.

Overdoing WILL shut down your kidneys.

Go slow.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement