LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Still not getting better...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still not getting better...
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am being treated by Dr. C have been run through a trial of all the ABX each for around 6 weeks to see if any/which ones make you better...

I am down to the last ones, IM Bicillin and something for bartonella...? I dont know how much longer I can take this and this is a big setback for me since everything has failed me (cats claw, rife, abx, salt/c...) now I have to look for other things

I know I am detoxing good with alot of lemon water, Glutathione drips, herbs, epsom salt baths.

I am eating a healthy all organic/no sugar diet and trying to keep my body alkaline (6.8-7.2)

I just dont know what else to do, the tests say my hormones are now normal and my body/skin looks better and all blood tests are normal...
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Byron,

That is great that your blood tests and hormones are now normal! Sometimes it takes a long time to feel better.

My doc takes a different approach. I have remained on one abx, amoxy, for almost a year now, working my way up to a relatively high-dose. So far, it has been fairly effective, but it would have been interesting instead to run through all the major treatments to see how I respond too!

So, maybe now you are at the stage where you and your doctor choose which seems to be the most effective approach and stick with it for more than 6 weeks? Like, months?

(I think that we are not supposed to discuss specifics of treatment on the board, so you can PM me if you want more details!)

Take care and remain optimistic about the future. It has taken me about 10 months to feel much better, and I still have quite a ways to go!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are your remaining symptoms? Have you treated babesia?

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Current Symptoms:
Chronic Headache
Chronic Nausea
Insomnia
Muscle pain (all over)
See Floaters
Pressure in ears
Pressure in eyes
GI tract spasms
Faintness
Fatigue
Sweats

I am going tomarrow to see a doc about my ears becuase they have fluid built up in them and ABX have not cleared them so it may be yeast or just needs to be drained, that would knock one symptom off the list!

I am treating for Babesia even though not sure if I have it? Taking 300mg of Art. a day

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I have noticed my sweats have decressed some...
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear you are having some problems [Frown]

I just wanted to say it took me 3 years on abx to feel somewhat human again. My progress came in small steps along the way.

I didn't herx the whole time. Ended up having to pulse towards the last yeas or so.

Some people it just takes a bit longer .

Have you treated for co-infections yet?

It can be long road ,depending on how long you where sick , how co-infected you are & how high you germ load is.

hang in there & hope you can start to feel better soon [group hug]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I'm thinking about climbing in the hot tub to fry these bugs and drinking some ozone water which is more powerful than bleach!
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, I've been on Bicillin and Biaxin for a long time and done well. PM me if you want more details.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I understand correctly, your doctor puts you on an abx and if you don't feel better in 6 weeks he switches you to another abx?

At 6 weeks, I usually feel worse on most abx. If an abx works then you will herx and feel bad on it. It usually takes a few months on any abx to feel better.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

hmmmm..... I guess my LLMD thinks it should be faster than that, but I do know that I sure hate this Zithromax, I am constantly feeing horrible on it since it stays in the system for about a week after taking it... Maybe I need to go to an easier antibiotic...?
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron -- be careful about drinking ozonated water... start with ever so small amounts. Too busy today to explain why, except to say that I had a very difficult experience with it. I don't really recommend it.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I was kinda joking but I do have an ozonator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweats sound like babesia. I don't think art is enough on it's own to treat babs.

I take Mepron and Biaxin (Zith is good, too) along with the Art for babs.

After five months, my babs seems to be gone, so they're switching me to Malarone.

It generally takes me six weeks to adjust to a new med. I don't think that is long enough to see progress on something.

The babs has to be treated first to start seeing progress.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on several meds, each one for many, many months (except Ketek which I had to go off very quickly). Maybe I improve slowly, but I can't imagine assessing an antibiotic in just six weeks - maybe you are one of us that needs to give a medication some time.

For Bartonella, you can't just go off a medication in six weeks, so I hope he is at least allowing you to stay on that longer to be effective.

I have never done blood tests to see what the medication levels are in my blood (you can do that with Doxy, I'm not sure which others) but maybe there is a way to decide whether you need a different dosage of certain meds. Dr. B's guidelines talk about that a bit.

And yes, coinfections could definitely be the reason you're at a plateau.

On your Bicillin post, you mentioned you herx a lot on Zith. Well, as lousy as herxing is, at least you were getting die-off. Does your LLMD still think it's not working?

I hope you can get some relief. Maybe Bicillin will help since it's IM.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

These are my list of symptoms:

Chronic Headache
Chronic Nausea
Insomnia
Muscle pain (all over)
See Floaters
Pressure in ears
Pressure in eyes
GI tract spasms
Faintness
Fatigue
Sweats

My goal for this month is to get rid of the ear pressure which we just found is being caused by excess fluid. I am also ordering one of those nice massage chairs for my muscles and will try to start stretching and aerobics. Hopefully I can knock those 2 symptoms off the list!!!

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, sorry to hear you aren't feeling much better. I know it's frustrating.

Which meds did you respond well too? Will you go back now and hit the good ones again?

How was flagyl for your?

Take care.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Well I hve taken jsut about all the ABX you can take for lyme orally. The Flagyl, 1/4th of a 250mg pill knocks me on the floor for 2 days so I have actually only taken one full flagyl pill over the past month...

Way back before I saw a LLMD a GP gave me a month of doxycycline because of a positive lyme test and that made me hit the hospital from that herx but after that I seemed to plateau... I felt kinda like I was getting somewhere on the Biaxin/Plaquenil not sure... all the others, nothing happened???

I am thinking about doing low dose Bicillin shots and turning to Heat Therapy by getting my body up to 102-104 degrees F for 30minutes a day.

[ 12. June 2007, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: ByronSBell 2007 ]

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your muscle pain is like mine, a massage chair won't do anything for you. I needed a muscle relaxer and a physical therapist specializing in myofascial trigger point release.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't taken much flagyl, maybe some pulses will help?

Have you taken rifampin? How was it for you?

That is one hubby hasn't taken, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be good for him......

Take care.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I have not tried the Rifampin yet...

I have to take little 1/4 of flagyl they hit me so hard, EVERYTHING hits me really hard. I was able to take Ceftin, Doxy, Tetracycline, and Minocyclin everyday consistently and would get a bad herx when starting it but then after that it was kinda like plateau...

Biaxin/Plaquinil
Zithromax
Flagyl

these are the ones that are killer on me! and I have to pulse them in low doses

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I have been to a really good chiropractor who spends about 3 hours with you trying to align the body, he takes x-ray, takes measurements, makes adjustment, x-rays again until everything is perfect. He is also one of those soft adjuster guys and not one that throws his body into it [bonk]

I have been to a very good PT who gave me a full body assesment and he said all my muscles are really distorted. He did alot of myofacial release and trigger point therapy. I have trigger points in just about every muscle in my body so this is what I am going to attack for the next month or two..... Dad is thinking about buying a massage chair for the family so that will come in handy and will also up the magnesium and try stretching...

Coyotecrazy
Member # 6707

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Coyotecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I think that we are not supposed to discuss specifics of treatment on the board, so you can PM me if you want more details!)

Really? We're not supposed to discuss specifics of treatment on the board?

I had no idea !!!!!!! Please let me know if some of my posts under "Lyme Disease Success Story" are inappropriate!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
J
[confused]

Posts: 66 | From AL, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement