LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » crawling/itchy sensations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crawling/itchy sensations
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we all are aware of the very diverse and unpredictable nature of lyme symptoms [and boy I have had almost the whole range of them at given times and sometimes all together.]

perhaps the one that makes me most uneasy and desperate is this internal crawling/itchy sensation. when it comes its usually in the scalp/head, neck and face.. yes, lyme sucks to high hell...
How many people have experienced this?

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, in the feet and lower legs. I'll trade you my burning feet for some crawling [Smile]

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salydega
Member # 7309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salydega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this is the first time I have heard anyone else say that they had this feeling. I too have this feeling. It is also in my head/face/neck.

It feels like something crawling on the inside. Sometimes I think I actually have a bug on my face or neck and go to move it and there is nothing there. I have had the same feeling in my right elbow also. Its wierd, and gives you a definate visual of some criter on the inside squirming around.

Also kind of feels like a hair is tickeling my face. But it does not tickle it is very annoying. I just started this a couple weeks ago.
Do you think it is associated with neuro lyme?

I can relate to you, but I dont have any answers about why or what is is.

Posts: 73 | From phoenix, az | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you mention the sensation of a hair against your skin, I definitely had that in my face. I had that about 2 month into my symptoms, haven't felt it for 2 months now. It was really distracting, I would always try to scratch my face.

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this, too, all over my body, but mainly on my head and my face.

Our dog sleeps in the bed with us and one time I was sure he must have had a flea that got onto me--but none of us had fleas!

For me this comes and goes--fortunately--it is SO annoying!!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Echorox,

This is not funny,, That was one of my first symptoms. So docs being the funny people they are diagnosed me with Scabies [bonk]

The sad thing is that I spent several months treating everyone in the house. I actually bought a case of acticin. [dizzy] Just to make sure.

I spent loads of hours on a scabies support site. Now in retrospect I can tell you there are several very lymie people there believing they are infested with mites..

After several months of IV rocephin the sensation stopped I also take lots of Co Q10. I noticed that if I stop the CO Q10 I get the sensation again. It may be worth trying some.

Lyme is a demyelinating disease. I also notice that lymies with bartonella seem to have this symptom very pronounced as well. [confused]

kindly,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a relief to hear that other people have had this same experience. I can handle the burning in my feet, but the creepy crawly feeling in my face is driving me mad. I feel like I have insects inside my brain, eating away at things. This sensation is usually followed by intense itchiness where I end up scratching my face and neck for hours. Strangely, it only happens at night when I'm about to fall alseep. I have yet to see a LLMD, but I hope abx will get rid of this fast.
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellie--YES!

It happens mainly at night for me, too! It's actually starting right now...ugh.

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the crawling sensations and burning hands, feet and nostrils. These are symptoms of neuropathy. I can't say if that's what causes these symptoms in everyone with lyme and co-infections. Makes sense though since neuropathy is caused by damage being done to the nerves.

Mine almost stopped shortly after I went on abx except a little bit in my feet, mostly in the toes now. Used to be constant and very painful and the crawling was driving me crazy.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

I'm about a month into Zithromax and Mepron for Lyme, Babesia, and Bartonella, and my itching came back--with a vengeance!

Also, I get itchy heels in the middle of the night--no other part of my feet, just my heels.

I have to rub them on the carpet in the middle of the night to get relief! It makes me crazy!!

--------------------
--Margaret Mead

trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*nods*

What you guys said; lots of itchy crawlies.

Do any of you also get like a rolling goosebumps feeling? I'll get it on one side of my scalp. (Split down the middle like it followed the part in my hair.) Then it'll switch to the other side.

I get these in other parts of my body too, but more noticably on the head.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Trueblue,

I know what you're talking about with the goosebumps.

I get them mainly on my head and legs.

--------------------
--Margaret Mead

jwf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not my intention to scare anyone but
probably the most common symptom that signals
the onset of Morgellons is the itchy/crawling
sensation in the head and neck area. Treating
for scabies will invariably exacerbate the
problem.

As an aside, if you go to a dermatologist
with these symptoms, they will either treat
for scabies with scarcely a look, or if you
mention bugs, most will immediately
jump to the DOP diagnosis-- delusions of para-
sitosis.

Lyme disease is often (90%) a co-infection,
so it is difficult to separate what causes
which symptom. Of course with more advanced
Morgellons, one begins to have lesions from
which fibers begin to exit.

If you've been on this board for a couple
of years then you will probably know our story.
My wife and I test and appear to be free of
Lyme and Morgellons, the result of many months
of herbal treatment.

Blue Skies..........John

Posts: 134 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement