LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » LLMD that does muscle testing - helps others

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LLMD that does muscle testing - helps others
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a new post, and would like you Cordor to say what you said on the other post about
this LLMD helping ALOT of others.

I have a LLMD, and would not want to loose this LLMD if I did not have to, I just about lost my LLMD a couple times because of complaints from

the REAL quacks. But, I still have the LLMD.

So, I hope that you Cordor would let your voice be heard, to save someone that may be worth saving,

I am doing this post because there are 96 posts on the other one, and some would not be able to find that little positive post amongst all the others.

Hopefully this can put an end to it, and MRB can do her complaint to the ILDA, and keep it private if MRB wants to.

To much hate is being posted, I was adding it in, and dont like to do that. Just takes out the little joy that one might have getting them through the day.A

This cruelty about this muscle testing must be stopped.

thanks,

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaime1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't agree more. I have seen "alternatives" help others too many times.

it's the SAME things as not all the abx help everyone in the same way....we all respond differently.

I would hate to see an LLMD be lost, that just might help someone....

Posts: 151 | From ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we have an actual person, an other person that went to this LLMD, and was helped very much by her, I am happy to hear this. She has is working, get place to be.

There is not a better place to be, then better and working. I hope I am there one day.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will repeat it again. This woman has helped many, many people. Please don't berate her....just don't go to her, if you don't like her. period.
She has helped one of my dearest friends for many years now. he is a fully funtioning person, thanks to her wisdom, personal experience with this disease and wonderful care.
I went to her once a few years back. She did not end up being my lyme doc of choice, but certainly NOT because she is a "quack" or whatever it is you are calling her.
I just did not want to travel that far and was too ill to do so.
Please stop threatening to ruin her life. You have no right really.

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebaby
Member # 5761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firebaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add my 2 cents to this discussion. The quack is the dr. (who calls himself a dr.) who told me my bullseye rash was from a spider bite, gave me a week of unhelpful antibiotics and sentenced me to years of chronic lyme hell.

The LLMD in question however is the one who tested me with Igenex and MDL, prescribed IV Rocephin when it became obviously necessary and gave me my life back ... I'd say im at 85% now... when I first saw her 3 years ago I was in so much pain I could barely make it through each tortuous day.

Posts: 4 | From Jackson, NJ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MRB

This method of muscle testing is VALID! There's scientific documentation, Drs like Omura, Klinghardt, et al. It is of course not taught in medical school. But many MD's have picked up on this themselves. YOu are only shooting yourself in the foot by berating this Dr's methods.

Posts: 116 | From Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way someone can truly appreciate it is to have it done on themselves.

It is totally amazing to watch your body react to different foods, herbs, meds, etc.

Too bad that didn't happen for this person.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaime1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is a shame that some people are so closed minded and opinionated. just because one may find it so over the top, DOES NOT MEAN IT HAS NOT HELPED MANY MANY MANY OTHERS!!!!!!!
Posts: 151 | From ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too thought this testing was nuts. I did not get how I could respond to a med or supplement while it was still in the bottle.

I must say that I tried it on some of my supplements and was quite surprized how my body repelled a couple of bottles of herbs that I was taking. Coincidentally, those same herbs caused me great distress when ingested.

I thought this was wack. But, my MD (who does not do this testing) suggested today that those supplements didn't seem to serve me well. He has no idea that I "tested" them.

This may be a coincidence but, somehow it worked. I am a complete skeptic. This stuff does not make sense to me. Buuuuuut.....it is freaky how right on the seemingly goofy test was. It seems to have some merit. Though, I cannot explain it.

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denisem
Member # 11622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for denisem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This experience with Lyme has caused me to be much more open-minded. Though you have found it incomprehensible - energetic medicine is not quackery in the minds of many people.

Most people here already know that conventional medicine does not have all the answers and takes a pretty narrow view.

If that's what your looking for, I went to a very conventional LLMD. He did not believe in the cyst form, combining antibiotics, Igenix testing or treating co-infections.

Posts: 3 | From Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what happened to MRB's thread? Has she been ousted from here? I can't imagine that would happen, but I just want to make sure.
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thread deleted by moderators, I'm sure... Lots of people said they complained to the moderators.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like MRB herself is gone, too.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it was deleted. Wow and now i see all the posts i missed reading today.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That it ridiculous. I can't believe she would be deleted merely for having unpopular ideas.
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

She was probably deleted for attacking an LLMD and inciting others to report the LLMD to the medical board. If the medical board had chosen to single out this LLMD a lot of people would have been without a doctor. There are lots of people who post unpopular ideas- both those who are anti-"alternative medicine" and their opponents whose unpopular ideas include things like rife, ART, and other unscientific-sounding therapies.

(for the record I"m in the nonbelievers-in-rife and nonbelievers-in-ART camp myself although I"m much more moderate than MRB for instance. I keep my mouth shut because I can't ignore the body of evidence- that so many people here report successes related to these treatments, whereas you dont' see the same number of reports from something like colloidal silver which has equally passionate defenders on the internet and which Lymies surely try because it was pushed as a potential alternative Lyme therapy fairly early on. If it was 'all in their heads' we'd hear from an equal number of enthusiastic users of all 'alternative' therapies but we dont seem to. In terms of truly bizarre sounding therapies, we really do hear mostly from the rife camp and the ART camp.

I personally think there are other explanations for how these two things work , or for what the patients are seeing).

Most of the people who expound unpopular ideas get debated by others here on a regular basis, but they don't get punished by the moderators because all they're discussing are ideas and that can't really hurt anyone.

The difference seems to be when someone starts to single out a medical doctor, and starts naming their location and other details that would make it easy for the doctor to be attacked by medical boards or others who would rather not see her treat chronic Lyme patients at all.

That triggers a lot of people's paranoia here (with good reason). I'm guessing that the threat to our fragile LLMD "system" is why the moderators chose to delete MRB, not because of her stance on ideas.

I'm not sure how long you've been following Lymenet but right now we're in the middle of areally insane political climate whereby there is a well-funded, well-orchestrated attack on LLMD's by a competing "camp" of doctors and researchers, and that is resulting in a lot of patients not having a doctor, which is resulting in things like patient deaths and a whole lot of disabilities from those patients not being able to get treatment.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by denisem:
I went to a very conventional LLMD. He did not believe in the cyst form, combining antibiotics, Igenix testing or treating co-infections.

Denise, this person could not have possibly been an ILADS member or a true LLMD. The cystic form of Bb is amply documented and researched. You apparently went to someone who CLAIMED he was LLMD. Hope you've found a real one!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not true, Michelle. I have been to a few "real" LLMDs. Some believe in the cyst form and some openly do not. My current MD is on the fence about how/if to treat for the cyst form.
Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ellie K:
That it ridiculous. I can't believe she would be deleted merely for having unpopular ideas.

'having unpopular ideas' is sugarcoating it by a million. The thread is gone, so I guess you can not go back and read the entire thread.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think we are all different. the woman i went to who used the colored wands over the neck and foot detox said she has helped many people.

unfortunately, i wasn't one of them, and plus, i could not afford 500 bucks a month for her supplements and food.

but i do believe she has helped people, not just me. i would only give my opinion of what happened to me and preface it with "all people are different, it may work for you."

there's a place that does some kind of mirror thing called bioresonance. i made an appointment and am going in august. some people swear by this and others don't.

i never reported that llmd who was abusive or charged me so much.

i guess i'm not that kind of person. he may help others but hey, it just didn't work for me. i never went back. that is MY option.
but i would not want to deprive others if he can help them. we just didn't jive that's all.

there are other methods rather than antibiotics that work. there has to be...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the woman i went to who used the colored wands over the neck and foot detox said she has helped many people."

Lymenet itself may soon be classified as an mind altering drug.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started this topic and would like to delete it. I am upset with myself that I became so involved with what went on yesterday,

and I am not going to do this again, it is too upsetting for me and disrupts my healing.

If anyone wants me to keep this topic on, I will but I would rather delete it and move on, and not let myself get this carried away again.

I will learn from this mistake.

Thanks,

Trish

GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back to the muscle testing thing...

I can't totally explain how it works, but my husband is a chiropractor and I've had it used on me many times.

I had a doctor do something (can't tell you what) and be able to tell me exactly where i was hurting and what was wrong with me.

It has everything to do with energy. Everything is made up of energy and vibrates at its own frequency. The chair we sit in has molecules that are vibrating--energy.

Somehow these kind of healers are trained to tap into energy and are working with our energy meridians. I don't understand much more than that, and I know it doesn't work for all people, but it does work for many.

The East has been working with energy and the meridians for a very long time and are way ahead of us in this kind of thing.

I think we should all keep open minds because there is so much we don't know--about our bodies, about medicine, about science, about EVERYTHING!

There are doctors/healers/people who are ahead of us in their thinking. Those people are often attacked or ridiculed because their ideas seem crazy.

Until we can prove them wrong or they've hurt someone, I think we should keep an open mind.

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

can't agree more about having an open mind.

if we were all closed minded like the real "quacks" we have all seen many of....then most of us would have gotten 6 weeks of doxy and be "cured".... if we were lucky enough to get a lyme dx from them!

Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The post was offensive and ridiculing Cave.
(simple version: wasn't about ART testing, but being offensive and attempting to build a 'mob' against a doctor, in my opinion)--
I think many things are silly too(including the wand comment), but...

--------------------

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

GenaD---> This could possibly be a Florida thing, or an age thing. Florida is the only state where an oriental medicine doctor can be your primary care physician(unless changed recently in other states).
Lots of people I've known(even acquintances through sports, prior college, and clubs) have gone to an acupuncturist at some point(and MD's too). And they do the muscle testing.
My friend's wife didn't have a period for 6 years, until she went to acupuncurist.

--------------------

GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kendrick,

Acupuncture and all that "Eastern Philosophy stuff" has helped a lot of people!

If we really want to get people up in arms, they can look up "BRT"--Body Restoration Technique and JMT (not sure what that stands for).

It's energy work and very hard to describe! I tried it with a chiro. It didn't help me, but the chiro said he didn't have much success with Lyme people.

Other people said it saved their lives. A few of this guy's patients came off their hormone meds.

Maybe it's the Placebo effect, but a lot of this stuff helps people!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement