LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » TONIGHT Sun. 6pm Eastern NOT 6:30 - Lyme/Dr. Fallon on CBS Eve. News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TONIGHT Sun. 6pm Eastern NOT 6:30 - Lyme/Dr. Fallon on CBS Eve. News
Dancer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CBS producer called around 2pm and said the story is now scheduled for tonight -- Father's Day, Sunday June 17. The Sunday CBS Evening News is on at 6:00 pm (Eastern) NOT 6:30.

Let's hope nothing bumps it this time!

Fingers crossed for positive coverage!!

Posts: 227 | From South of the North Pole | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet, thanks

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for letting us know the new date [Smile]

off to turn it on

** Turned it on now.CBS news comes on here at 6:30 here ~ may be running late due to sports

Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it's on!

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw it--I think we must have a friend at CBS.
A Chronic Lymie was also on, and made great sense.
The Bullseye Rash and Lyme connection will never die. Most rashes are not Bullseyes, but evenly pink.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dancer I am glad for this coverage - and glad you are feeling better.
That insomnia is tough.
What was the abx you switched over to to make you feel better?

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
improver
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for improver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Very COOL [Cool]
Posts: 413 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad that Randall Pinkston mentioned that Lyme is underreported by 200,000.

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw it! Felt good watching!
Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To clarify -- it wasn't me who was on the CBS News story -- it was one of my friends!!

I'm really excited about this coverage. Of course more could've been said, but they mentioned that 200,000 number, that was great! And the failure to diagnose by doctor after doctor.

What we REALLY need is an hour on 60 minutes or something like that!! But this is a great start!

Posts: 227 | From South of the North Pole | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Also mentioned was $100 mil wanted for research. Lets continue to write our Representatives to make this so!

--------------------

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT's on now.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

"What are your symptoms"

"insomnia"

Did I miss something? People who don't know lyme, will they think it's insomnia?

--------------------
5dana8

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

5dana8

I thought the same thing. I wish they would have mentioned the other symptoms because it's clear that she had others.

Oh well, I'm just grateful that CBS helped legitimize chronic Lyme and the use of "large amount" of antibiotics (I can't remember the phrase they used exactly).

--------------------

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Here's a transcript of that segment. You'll also see at the bottom of that transcript a link to the Lyme Disease Association! Very Cool!

CBS Evening News-A Lyme Disease Warning From the CDC

Edited to say: At the above link, you can add a comment to the piece that they did. We should all thank CBS and Randall Pinkston.

--------------------

Dancer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11039

We recently had an Action Alert from LDA where one of the 3 actions was to respond to CBS News Canada re: an article on their website. I wonder if all our responses helped wake up CBS to this story.

I hear you, it was odd that insomnia was the only symptom they included in the story. The actual interview was about 20 minutes and they only used a few little clips.

I need to go back and watch it again, I can't even remember all they said...

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insomnia has been a BIG problem for me for years. My # 2 symptom after my #1 symptom sensitivity to sun light.

This just goes to show how everyone is different and has different clusters of symptoms. When I had my first bout I had just about the whole list.

Now when I relapse it doesn't get that far. Even still the insomnia and sunlight issues have never fully eradicated themselves.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch it here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2940713n

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Let's all write CBS a thank you note at:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/17/eveningnews/main2940639.shtml

--------------------

5dana8
Member # 7935

Insomnia is a very bad symptom, no question...

Personally this show did more harm than good. As far as the general public knows ~ which is next to nothing about LD ~ now they will think oh, its insomnia. So you take abx.

And the map for LD was from like 20 years ago. In only ten states.

So let me get this right. LD is insomnia-the insomnia is treated with abx-so if I don't live in those 10 states & have insomnia then why should I worry or give it a second thought.

This show made me so upset [Frown]

--------------------
5dana8

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Tivo'ed it and just watched it and came back and see that Nan had given the link. Guess I didn't need to Tivo, but isn't it wonderful that the news is giving some awareness type segments?

Not sure about the symptoms being "insomnia", but hey...this is definitely a start. Thank you Dancer for bringing it to our attention.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She did mention that she had other symptoms.

The biggest plus to me was the fact that she had chronic lyme and was feeling better after long term abx!

That and the fact that the CDC talks about the rise in lyme cases. Any awareness helps our cause.

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure to leave a Comment after watching
the segment --its easy --Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement