LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Herbalist AND LLMD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herbalist AND LLMD
LymeinNJ
Member # 7805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeinNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in tales (good, bad and otherwise) of folks who have seen both a certified herbalist and LLMD who worked collaboratively to treat your Lyme Disease.

I know many LLMD's consider herbal and supplemental, but I am specifically interested in hearing from folks who are seeing both a LLMD and herbalist.

Thanks!

Posts: 44 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I fit your picture but I might very soon.

I have been working with a doctor who is integrative and uses mostly herbs and supplements to treat. He also does chelation.

I had a 2nd tickbite on mother's day weekend and even though it wasn't a deertick, I have been very sick ever since the bite. So I made an appt with an ILADS LLMD. At her office, I noticed a supplements store, that is a room set up separately to purchase supplements. I'm not sure yet where she will go with my treatment. She has an ND on staff, but that is not exactly an herbalist.

Don't know. I will revive your post if I feel my treatment meets your question.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butchieboo
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick reminder for folks...

The tick does'nt necessarily have to be a "deer" tick...

Any tick will do....or for that matter any arachnid that likes to take blood meals from mammals will do as well in passing along disease.

Just thought this needed saying....BB

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
butchieboo

Can you give a source for that information about all ticks carrying lyme? Since I was bit again and by a dog tick (wood tick) I have noticed several official reports saying it can only come from deer ticks. It just seems logical to me that all ticks could be carriers.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Your gonna wanna talk to me!

I am being treated by a very popular LLMD in springfield and my herbalist/alternative doctor is actually Lance Armstrong's Doc. as well! My LLMD and D.O.M. are working together and talk on the phone about my case of lyme disease since it is very complicated. They both get along great and agree on just about everything. I am letting my LLMD do the killing part and my DOM do the detoxing, nutrition, hormones, testing, ect...

Ask me any question...

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ByronSBell-

Can you just post your protocol when you get it. It may be helpful to us just to see what you're taking. Many of us do not have insurance & it's hard to afford the healthcare even if some do have insurance.

Also- What are your "complications"? Lyme is just complicated in general...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sparkle7:

Can you just post your protocol when you get it. It may be helpful to us just to see what you're taking. Many of us do not have insurance & it's hard to afford the healthcare even if some do have insurance.

Byron....for the protection of your LLMD, please do not post his protocol on a public forum.

\thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by luvs2ride:
butchieboo

Can you give a source for that information about all ticks carrying lyme? Since I was bit again and by a dog tick (wood tick) I have noticed several official reports saying it can only come from deer ticks. It just seems logical to me that all ticks could be carriers.

Luvs

Lyme can not only be transmitted by DEER ticks, but fleas, lice, mosquitos and biting flies, according to many who have posted quoting scientists.

SOME even believe it can be transmitted by sex AND kissing. HOW about touching a door knob?

I was bitten by a WOOD tick recently and had an Elisa test, and it was negative. They plan to give me another test in 5 more weeks. IT too will probably be negative.

SO, do "I" have Lyme Disease or not? Maybe I got MS or Alzheimers or something, and NOT Lyme, even though I have most of it's symptoms. OR maybe the herbs HAVE cured me, even though I still have symptoms, especially IF I stop the herbs?

I asked them WHY they didn't do a Western Blot on me. She said that "THEY" won't let them do that unless an Elisa comes back positive.

Interesting!

Jim [Cool]

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to one llmd and he worked with a herbalist. he referred me to her for nutrition and all kinds of things, foot detox baths, other treatment.

i think they used the cowden protocol cause it was liquid samento. that's cowden, right?

anywhoooo, i quit going because it was simply too expensive. you had to buy food and supplements from her plus the treatments and it was running around 500 per month...way out of my league..

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement