LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Leaving this site until moderator takes control

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leaving this site until moderator takes control
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am leaving this site after the moderator totally
lost control of a fight on another post.
this was very ugly in the worst way.
the ugly person was the one that background
checked the poster.

this ugliness must stop and the moderator must take control and start removing people that
what and try to start trouble for the group.

don't know when i'll be back
email me if you like to talk
docdave130"at"msn.com
i will answer all questions and get back to you.

i will monitor lymenet and come back only when people get their head out of their *ss.

this is not a political site to voice your oppinion.
this site is for helping, and learning and needs to be kept this way.

signing off
just docdave [confused]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, this sucks. I havent been on much lately because Ive just been too sick. But when I do post I always look forward to advise from you DocDave!

Im sorry people are being stupid. I notice it to sometimes... But just try to ignore it. But youre right, noone has the right to come on here and background check anyone. We are here for support...

Well I just wanted to say this is too bad!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I know you've been around for a long time, as have I . . . and you know that this type of thing cycles. You'll be back. Maybe someone else on this board can remember some other past ugly spats on this board, and can elaborate as to how the "moderators" on this board generally do not keep on top of stuff like this, how, in time, it is just something that only some people remember happening, and how, eventually, those offended either come back (like Tincup has)or they just leave.

Some leave for years. Some come back, some don't. It's the nature of the internet, and message boards. Experience will help some people who get offended. Gotta harden those hearts and realize that greater good comes from stepping aside for a period of time, and then reentering the game.

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear you are leaving.

What happend exactly?

There are people on lymenet causing fights?

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear this stymielyme [Frown]

these "fights" happen so rarely that I hope you will come back someday . The majority of posts are very supportive.

I will miss you

goodluck in all your endevors [group hug]

blessings
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this... it seems as though the offender had accomplished their mission.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stymie -- the offender could have accomplished what they wanted to do -- ie -- cause some disruption -- I'd suggest not giving in to the skirmish, but stay here amongst your friends...

2nd, if we all need a reminder as to protocol when handling whatever topic the skirmish entailed, then fine. Maybe board protocol could be posted about it.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please don't leave. i don't know you well but have enjoyed your posts.

i'm sure this will all settle down.

waaaa..........

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc Dave Dont leave There are truly ill people like myself that need the encouragement of good people like yourself on this board. Dont let anyone undermine this community!!!!
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EtherealGirl
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I hope you don't leave. I've always found your posts to be invaluable. This place would not be the same without you.

Holly

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave, i'm unaware of the post you are referring to!

fyi, lou bachman informed me he has BANNED WOCALI/BARBRA AVIS AND MRB, AND DELETED ALL THEIR POSTS/REPLIES TO THEM!

if you find any others still remaining, please use the below emails for lou/jenifer, and send them EACH DIRECT LINK TO BE DELETED!!

did the incident take place after then, and can you send me by PM the link directly what you are feferring to.

again, for all .... things like this happen, please be responsible and do this please!!

EMAIL moderators: [email protected] AND [email protected] ... also give them the direct link(s) of what is offensive and highlite the offensive part. LouB is recovering from a major heart attack last Dec.; Jenifer is on here 1 hr. Daily!!

dave, i agree with all others! we need you here; do NOT LEAVE; your expertise and humor are needed on the board! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

EtherealGirl
Unregistered

I'm well aware of the wocali posts, but which ones were from MRB? Is she the one trashing the LLMD?
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, ticks aren't very discriminating when it comes to "dining choices"! Makes you wonder what happened to the tick that landed on this angry individual!

I hope you will reconsider and not deprive the good guys on this board of your knowledge and support. This is a tough journey, and we really do need each other. I hope to see you back soon!

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaime1978
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaime1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Etherealgirl, MRB got way out of hand trashing the LLMD....it's one thing to have your opinions, and that's fine, .... if you're so offended, write a letter to the doctor, refuse to pay, and move on...I know this doctor has helped many people. She was just ignorant on what she was talking about. And is taking it way too far, contacting a lawyer.... we have so many llmd's under attack, we don't need to start something by one of our own.

doc dave...I have been considering leaving myself. I haven't been here long at all. I haven't begun treatment yet, I go to my llmd in 2 weeks, thank GOD. But all the drama here, and some of the people saying we will all burn in hell, and deserve too, and so on and so forth....I don't need that.

I have always been active in helping others....sick as I am....I raise money for cancer patients, deliever meals on wheels.... and there are days I ca't even hold my own kids because I feel like death.

I need to focus on my health, and thought finding a support site would help....but it seems that so many support sites are alike. I joined one for quitting smoking, and had similar problems there as well.....

we are supposed to be here to help eachother, not to berate, and put down....and attack the ONE type of doctors who actually freakin believe us!

Posts: 151 | From ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my feelings,,you didnt ask,I just tell them as I see them.

Do I wish the bickering and yelling would not have occurred,,,FOR SURE!!

Is a moderator perfect?? Maybe not. Should they be here 24/7 ?? Not hardly!!! Can ANYONE follow ALL the posts??? I cant, can you??

This site isnt 'perfect' nobody or nowhere IS!!!!

If anyone 'leaves' because of NOT,,, SOB,,,Then they are somewhat at fault if they cared so much.

Is it EASY to get too involved and wrapped up in the kitty fights,,,MOST DEFINITELY!!!

DO I wish that doc dave didnt have to go???,,,most assuredly!!!

Hey folks,,,we are ALL family here. Families dont always get along perfectly either.(just for the record)

Its easy to get ones feathers all ruffled,,its harder to smooth them all out and not deprive themselves and OTHERS of the help and support herein!!!

Just calling attention to a post earlier where some YOUNG, attractive, sweet, lady was still 'waiting' for Doc Daves meal deal to arrive!!

Take a break, have some GOOD food and company,,, and reassess where you want to go after a short break!!!

In this instance,,you ARE allowed to change your mind!! always--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Stymie-I don't understand? The moderator has taken control and now your leaving?

So things got messy-we have choices:
either SOB, get involved, or report to moderator-which means let go and turn your attention to someone else.

Lymenet isn't black or white-all good or all bad.

So some kids didn't play nice-you gotta take your tennis balls and go home? Now who you going to play with?

Cobby

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cave76:

The nonsense about MRB being able to 'shut' down an llmd was blown completely out of hand.

One complaint against a doctor does NOT shut him or her down.

Unfortunately for Dr. Jones, that is not true. Evidently a complaint to a state's medical board can have severe consequences for llmds.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stymie,

If both wocali and velveteen were banned from lymenet, what more would you want the moderator to do?

As an insurance claims adjuster, I attended many seminars and classes on how to read people. Especially liars and scammers. After all, adjusters are constantly working with people trying to cheat the system.

One of the classic red flags is if the person becomes angry and volatile. It is a typical diversion tactic intended to intimidate and frustate the targeted victim.

I really didn't get too involved with the whole wocali scandal. I checked out her one website and felt only that she was a pretty girl. Like you said, anyone can be a victim of lyme and should be treated with compassion. That part doesn't bother me.

But when she responded with hostility, I did raise my brow and think "maybe she really is a troll".

I don't know whether she was legit or not. But I felt velveteen was just alerting us to the possibility. I've seen that done here before.

I just SOB all about it after that and I guess I missed all the ugly fireworks.

I'm sorry for her if she was legitimately sick. But I can't see where the moderators did anything wrong.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thoughts!

Stymie, stick around. These people have good, reasonable, rational points.

Good job, guys. That's what makes this website different from the rest.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I don't know if she was a troll, but her methods were really strange. I offered to help her with some money, but she never did PM me. She just went from one thing to another.

I can't see that the moderators caused this problem. Wocali brought it on herself.

When she got abusive, I didn't need to read or hear any more.

What is SOB anyway? I'm at a loss on that one......

Take care all.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to see you go stymie and I hope you come back soon. I understand though. The behavior on this board is hard to take sometimes but there is some really good information here too and people who really care and are trying to be helpful.

Cave,
In this post you wrote:
"One ill-advised person compared what MRB was talking about doing to what has happened to the Dr's J. Snort!"

I can't be positive but I think you are referring to a post that I made on this thread.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=055792#000017

quote:Cave
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One person making one complaint about a doctor is not going to do anything at all. Most people, on that now banned thread, didn't consider that when they started their angry tirades.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Response:
Isn't Dr. J. dealing with his nightmare because of one person's complaint? A disgruntled ex-husband.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

If you thought I was "ill advised", the correct thing to do would be for you to state your perception on that thread rather than make a backhanded reference to it here. Actually, I read all of the threads regarding Dr. J. and it was one complaint that caused all the trouble. If you think that was incorrect, please state your perception - feel free to PM me.

Also, not sure what you mean by Dr's J since you are using a possesive. Do you mean both Dr. J's or what because I was only talking about the one as I stated?
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOB is "scroll on by". From what I HEARD, it took a LONG time to get things under control. But that's hearsay, I suppose, since I fortunately was not around!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I'll share this little bit of background.

I offerred to help Wocali with money on the same thread as several others, then had no further interaction with her.

I even intended to still send some money after the "scandal", as long as she would PM me her doctor's name.

Instead of giving me his contact info, out of the blue she PM'd me a little abusive note that ended with "now put that in your pipe and smoke it."

That's when I posted something about Scrolling On By, so I wouldn't be tempted to respond or retaliate.

I believe everybody deserves help, regardless of their choices and background, as long as they ask nicely, and give legitimate info that I can respect. I get to decide what I respect.

I don't pay attention to people who abuse me.

I do believe Wocali was very good at getting people involved in conflicts with each other, and instigating bad feelings against herself. That's too bad.

Some other people, as mentioned, bit the bait big time, and then got hurt as well. That's also too bad.

Groups are self selective. The strongest personalities on this board are generous, compassionate, and health focused.

That means that the people who resonate with that and want to stick around tend to have those qualities as well. Lymies are resilient by necessity.

I thnk I'm hearing DocDave requesting that we leave off digging into people's background and personal affairs.

We all have a skeleton or two in the closet, having nothing to do with lyme disease.

We all deserve to heal and be well, and to have support in doing that.

DocDave, I'm sorry you were hurt by the mud slinging that went on. I hope you'll stick around or that you'll be back soon.

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree w/luvs & boomerang's comments.

velvet was NOT banned; she wrote me a pm apologizing what happened on the board and how it all came to be. she requested i NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC so i will not but said it was ok to send to louB; so i did. she'll not do any researching anymore out of the blue; may never come back here.

tutu, you were blessed to miss this mess! [loco]

quote:
Originally posted by bejoy:

I do believe Wocali was very good at getting people involved in conflicts with each other, and instigating bad feelings against herself. That's too bad. YES, SHE WAS GOOD!

Groups are self selective. The strongest personalities on this board are generous, compassionate, and health focused.

That means that the people who resonate with that and want to stick around tend to have those qualities as well. Lymies are resilient by necessity.

joy, i fall into the strongest personality: generous with my time and i answered many PMs/on the board notes to/from barbra; compassionate until they become abusive like barbra, health focused is why i spend hours on here helping everyone i can unless you crapped on me then i SOB; and resilent....in my case persistent! [lol] [Wink]
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't the powers that be just add in an icon that says "report post" or "flag post as inappropriate" so the moderators can easily keep track of them.
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
condor, here you go,

EMAIL moderators: [email protected] AND [email protected] ... also give them the direct link(s) of what is offensive and highlite the offensive part. LouB is recovering from a major heart attack last Dec.; Jenifer is on here 1 hr. Daily!! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement