LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Leg pain: behind knee and in hip joint

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leg pain: behind knee and in hip joint
chicago_bird
Member # 9301

Icon 5 posted      Profile for chicago_bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I lie down or sit down for a while, it is so painful to stand up again. I get an awful pain behind my right knee and deep in my right hip joint.

Does anyone else recognize this? Is it Lyme related? Maybe not?

I haven't been on abx for a month now (till liver enzymes settle down), so it's not a side effect.

I do have pretty bad vericose veins behind my knee; I don't know if that's contributing?

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Posts: 69 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like you solved your own problem .... the varicose veins. my neighbor's is really bad there too...got it from all her pregnancies.

have you ever had xrays of hip if it's bone on bone meaning you need a new hip! mine finally showed this 12-06; had hip replacement 3-07. good luck. ICE YOUR HIP AREA. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Chicago,

I have had the bad pain behind the knee (left) and horriffic pain in right hip.

For me, this was Lyme.

I have vericose veins too, but it wasn't the veins that were hurting.

It was a ligament behind my knee.

Thankfully, both pains have gotten better for me with continued antibiotic treatment.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a lot of problems when i've been sitting for awhile trying to get up. my hips and legs feel like sticks and i get shooting pain in them, but once i get up i'm fine.

i move like i'm 150 instead of 56.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chicago_bird
Member # 9301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chicago_bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG -- Glad to hear that your hip surgery went well!

Geneal -- Thanks for the news; maybe with getting back on abx, this issue will get better for me. I just got my last blood test results back, with normal liver enzymes! Woo hoo! So now I can get back on treatment.

randibear -- Sorry to hear that! I know what you mean -- I'm 42, and I didn't think I'd be getting these aches and pains until I was much older...

Sorry for the slow reply; I wasn't able to get into the website for several days, and I was panicked that it got shut down! Whew. So good to see it coming up on my screen again. Don't know what I'd do without all of you. Reading your posts gives me hope and comfort.

Hope everyone is having an OK day... [Smile]

Posts: 69 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have difficulty straightening your leg fully? Does the knee feel swollen?

My first symptom was chronic-recurring water on the knee. I couldn't straighten my leg out because there was so much fluid in the knee. It was extremely painful.

At one point, a temporary cyst had developed behind the knee joint, but it went away on its own.

The other possibility is the sciatic nerve. If you can, you might want to work with a physical therapist to help stretch and strenghten the area.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement