LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Too fatigued to talk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too fatigued to talk?
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

Have you had fatigue that bad? I have had that for weeks now. Have you found anything to help with it? Now I'm even too fatigued to type more... [Frown]

BF

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtnwoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtnwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've known fatigue that bad. At my worst I found that talking exhausted me.

Try keeping blood sugars even by avoiding overly refined foods like fruit juice, cereals, granola bars, etc.

Hopefully you are not vegetarian. I found protein each meal helped me.

Have you ferritin checked -- ideal between 35-75. It's your iron stores.

You might check one of those saliva adrenal tests to see what your cortisols are doing.

Check your thyroid: TSH (want <2.00) and free T3 and free T4.

I hope you are under the care of a good integrative doc who can explore what may be going on? Good luck!

Posts: 211 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you being treated for babesia? I would suspect that to be the culprit. Sorry you're so exhausted....been there.... and it's rough!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my ferritin was something like 45.

Yes actually I already ordered a saliva test (adrenals, thyroid, sex hormones) so hopefully that will tell something. My TSH was 2.6 the last time it was checked (blood test) and frees were pretty low.

I have a pretty good doc yes but even she is clueless...

Of course, this might have something to do with Biaxin that I just started yesterday.

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think we have babesia in this country.

My only treatment is Biaxin at the moment, just started it. Plus many supplements.

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Are you being treated for babesia? I would suspect that to be the culprit. Sorry you're so exhausted....been there.... and it's rough!

--------------------

painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!

I've been in places of not being able to reach in for the words, the response....as I lay in bed and the voice of my partner was just an echo of a fade.

Completely energy less.

I think it was the brain inflammation at its worst.

I should count my lucky stars this part of the "fatigue" has improved with antibiotic treatment.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand what you are talking about. Sometimes I will get so weak (suddenly!) that I can't ever think straight. I think it must be something akin to having a stroke...you can't get your thoughts (as disorganized as they are) to your mouth!

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've started addressing mitochondrial dysfunction, and it seems to be making a big difference with my energy level. This is the power center of the cells.

You might want to look at info on mitochondria, and supplements including:

CoQ10
Acetyl L-Carnitine
D Ribose
NADH
B complex vitamins

Good luck.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years before my Lyme dx I experienced this and was helped when I was treated for dysautonomia.

I recently tested positive for Babs and will be interested to see if my treatment, which I just started, helps this area of my health. It would be great news if it did because it's the most physically disabling problem I have.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have experienced this too. I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I don't know any advice for dealing with it, but hang in there!

I'll be sending good thoughts and a little energy your way!

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

quote:
Originally posted by bejoy:
I've started addressing mitochondrial dysfunction, and it seems to be making a big difference with my energy level. This is the power center of the cells.

You might want to look at info on mitochondria, and supplements including:

CoQ10
Acetyl L-Carnitine
D Ribose
NADH
B complex vitamins

Good luck.

Interesting. I might try those. How big doses are you using?

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=056445

Here's a recent thread with a couple of links to good articles.

There are some good research articles on CoQ10 and Parkinsons floating around out there. As I recall, they recommend up to 2400mg daily. I've been taking 1400 daily for the past five days, and I notice a big difference(but the stuff is really pricey.)

I'm not sure my amounts are going to give you a good base line or starting point, as I am still experimenting. You could ask others if you post a new thread.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At my worst, talking, listening, typing and watching TV, all made me mentally exhausted.

It lasted for a month or so.

With abx treatment, it's gone for a while.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has this become worse since starting Biaxin? IF so, you may be herxing.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I get this when herxing. My dr came me similar herbs as Bejoy posted above. I am doing better now.
Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement