LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 10-1/2 months on Salt and C I feel great :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10-1/2 months on Salt and C I feel great :)
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 7 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting better! [Smile]

I am at 10-1/2 month on the Salt and C

I got the 9-10 month Herx a little late I took some time off to get my stomach problem on track.

Now today I have the flue like symptoms

I am thinking Yeah die die die you liitle worms swimming around in my body

Come on you keets I'll fight you!!!!
Take this POW and this POW POW a left jab
a right hook

A few weeks ago I felt the best I have ever felt in my life

For about two months I had great energy, clear thinking, level emotions and my body is doing well!

I am looking forward to other side of this herx
I can't wait to see what feeling really good is like!!!!

This Salt and C protocol goes the way the write-up say it will go.

All the herxing cycles have come when they said the herxing would.

Finally learning what feeling good is all about after 52 years......... yeah I know now I have had this a long long time.

Take care of yourself life is great

John

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo!! What great news!! I'm very happy for you. Love success stories.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you feel better, but it only works that way for a small portion of people. And another portion of people get harmed by it. I had serious kidney problems from it and still have ongoing issues with my kidneys--and salt--and never did before. Kurt emailed me recently that he can't go over 2 grams a day or his blood pressure goes up (and he spent two years originally ramping up per the "protocol" ever so cautiously but ended up with cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac pain and kidney pain and problems along with sjorgren's and varicose veins). So it's too bad there aren't honest assessments of risk. For instance, there is a simplified methylation protocol being used in lyme and cfids now and some had great improvements along with detox but a few had serious adverse effects. The person who put together the protocol was honest and conscientious and posted an update with the benefits and dangers as we know them at this point, and a strong recommendation to work with a licensed physician. But the salt/c protocol, never incorporated the even more serious risks and damage to some. Its quite unfortunate and more will be harmed. Not to say a portion won't be helped. I agree with Gigi it probably helps cleanse the gut.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I believe you feel better.

Oxybabe, thank you for sharing your experience, I have heard that from enough people to seriously worry re this protocol on behalf of other Lymies.

Salt/C will pump up adrenals if you have depleted adrenals from Lyme but IMO it is a dangerous practice and one I feel was propagated to screw Lyme patients as a whole.

Salt/C is also, just fyi if you are a parent out there, NEVER something to do with a child because salt is documented repetitively as connected to Munchausen by Proxy type child abuse which is very coincidentally the kind Lymies get accused of- so if you are a parent know that you can lose custody over this because salt is long documented as a poison in this regard. SO PLEASE don't-!!!

I *do* know that almost anything will have a minority who are helped by it- the placebo effect?- or depleted adrenals ramping up and invigorating the rest of the immune system?
I don't know. But I believe you, john, I am glad you are feeling better. For me I put this treatment in with the malaria treatment, with the accidnetal-but-curative arsenic poisoning someone wrote about- yes, I believe it works- but at what cost?

We are all adults and I believe in free choice.

I am a libertarian politically and frankly believe that if everyone on here wanted to do the Arsenic Treatment they should have the right once knowing the risks as long as they are of sound mind!!! But LYme and sound mind? Don't always go together as I know from personal experience- no, not a commentary on anyone's nuttiness- just that I had encephalopathy and many other people also have altered mental states where perhaps they do not make decisions as rationally as they would if well- Lyme does affect the brain-

ANYWAY, I *am* very glad you are feeling better- I am glad it is working for you!!!

MY treatment to get ME better had risks too, IV antibiotics- it is just the majority of the people I know who have done that route got better so the odds risk ratio is better!!!

Here's to risk in life*)!*)!!
Sometimes it pays off!!!

The thing is, for me in my way of thinking, to gauge the odds*)!*)!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad the Salt/C is working for you, I have seen it work for alot of people. I wonder if that is why alot of these farm animals dont get lyme because their salt intake is so high...

Are you takeing sea salt or himilayan? I know alot of people that had blood pressure problems were not taking the right salt and ramped up too quick [bonk]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people who reported problems were taking "sea" or so-called "healthy" salts and most of them ramped up slowly. Every protocol has risks but anyone taking this seems to act like there are no risks when there are substantial risks. Very unfortunate.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to Go John!!!

Appreciate you sharing with us your success. It is awesome that something so simple can work so well.

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Great news John.

It is plain to see that YOU certainly are not one of those with heart problems or high blood pressure problems.

Too bad you are having to wait so long to feel good though.

I felt really good after just weeks on Buhner's Herb recommendations. Actually I felt good in just a few days. But I went and took some abx, and had a setback. But after a few weeks off of the abx, and on herbs only, I started feeling better again.

The one thing that the Herbs didn't cure or heal, was my stomach problems and for THAT I took and still take C-Salts from nutri.com. THAT took care of it.

Keep us posted on IF you ever do start feeling good, after this HERX you are on.

Don't expect to kill ALL the Ketes though, as that won't happen. You will always have some. But you just have to make them happy campers and you will be able to co-exist with them just fine.

Jim [Cool]

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Informed consent....
We all need to know the positives and negatives.
I'm just reading through some threads on immunesupport.com that had nothing to do with salt/c (they were about antibiotics) but somebody posted their experience with it in January of 2007:
-----

Thought I'd throw in my Lyme treatment experience. Please be patient for this long rant of mine.

It happened in summer 2006. It was so bad I haven't brought it up here till now. I didn't take drugs for it. Under the naturopath's advice (she's one of the better ones I've seen, possibly the best) I used salt/C for eight days. I think it was 7 1000mg vitamin C pills with 7 salt pills of the same dose, taken at one hour intervals. I tried not to get my hopes up, but this questions slipped out: "What kind of results should I get with this?" Before I could cut her off, she had said, "Well, it gets most people off the couch." There's just no way to keep me from hoping, and wow did that get my hopes up. Anyway...

The first couple days I felt itchy crawly feelings in my legs. Oh good, I thought, that's a Lyme symptom, so it must be killing some of the Lyme. I got so sick that I could eat next to nothing, and I could only do fatty, processed foods. (I was eating pretty much just fish and vegetables before this, and had good willpower from years of restricted diet.) My mood totally busted to pieces on this treatment. Sicker than I've ever been. But I hung in there for eight days, thinking, "This is a HERX. It means the treatment's working - and how! This is going to be so worth it." I stopped when I became so depressed that I knew I couldn't keep taking the stuff a day longer. It was making me sicker than I could endure.

It's been five or six months now since those eight days. I haven't recovered from it. I still can't stomach "healthy" food very much or eat protien. I'm still much sicker than I was before doing the treatment. My mood's still pretty awful a lot of the time.

JimBoB
Unregistered

So sorry to hear that Babe. Sure hope you are able to get it at least back to where it was before the protocol.

Setbacks are no fun at all. That is why it is so important to only do things that will help us.

I don't think anything out there is perfect, since we are all different and we are all bombarded by so many different negatives at different levels depending on our lifestye and where we live.

Take care,
jim [Cool]

Monitorp
Member # 11011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monitorp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oxygenbabe:
Kurt emailed me recently that he can't go over 2 grams a day or his blood pressure goes up (and he spent two years originally ramping up per the "protocol" ever so cautiously but ended up with cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac pain and kidney pain and problems along with sjorgren's and varicose veins).

I don't have Lyme, but still, this sounds like me.
I have varicose veins, and I also tend to get affected kidneys from excess Salt/C. Also I get very dry mouth, and a weird "shrivelled" feeling. Also headaches.

So why am I posting here?

Because I came across this posting when I was surfing to see how Salt/C affects people who have varicose veins.

Since Kurt sounds like me with respect to kidneys, varicose and dry mouth, he should seriously consider the possibility that computer fluresent radiation is greatly contributing to those same symptoms.

That's the case with me. As only one of many symptoms I get on computer, I can feel my ankle veins become ever more painful, DIRECTLY CORRELATING to computer exposure.

In fact, this past year or so, I've started getting brown discolorations (black & blue marks) & itchiness on parts of my legs - related to computer use. Discolorations & itchiness are known to be associated with varicose veins.

Unfortunately many people are not aware of this, so consider this an alert.

[ 01. August 2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Monitorp ]

--------------------
Monitorp
Computer Monitor Pain - Survey, Polls, Posts

Posts: 4 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement